Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163993 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 43 New mechanics
« Reply #735 on: December 15, 2014, 09:42:48 am »

"Hmm. Useful."
Etszu searches for a tree that might have an expansive root system, or a parasitic tree, if there is one, while making another 3 LW essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 46 Tzeentch is a dick
« Reply #736 on: December 15, 2014, 10:13:57 am »

((We can either freeze the lake or take aspect of 'fluidity'(?)/'liquidness' from it, resulting in an easy access to the whirlpool. But the Chaos sorcerers popping out in a few meters from us doesn't sound like a very good news.))
((It's not a small task to take aspect out of entire lake. Besides the vortex is right next to us. Perhaps we should dodge it first?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 15, 2014, 10:44:07 am »

((We'll dodge it if we approach whirlpool from north-west. Barring magic, we'll need something to approach it without being sucked into.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 15, 2014, 11:00:03 am »

And a question about my nature runes. Can I use the POT bonus conditionally, like "If the POT roll is less than 4, use nature runes to bring it up to 4.", or do I have to declare how much POT I'm using before the spell, like an essence?
Also, can I use the runes to increase CMP instead of POT?
[/b]

(You can do conditinal requests, but wether the tree will listen is another matter entirely. No CMP boost tho.)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:54:57 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 43 New mechanics
« Reply #739 on: December 15, 2014, 01:07:29 pm »

((We'll dodge it if we approach whirlpool from north-west. Barring magic, we'll need something to approach it without being sucked into.))
((Yeah, let's dodge vortex first. Dangerous idea: You freeze us an ice boat and I propel it by taking Motion out of the whirlpool?))

Make two aspect essences. Dodge the vortex by going to the nother west coast of whirlpool lake.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 17, 2014, 05:31:58 pm »

((Was suddenly phased from forums to reality. Oh well...

We can try, but it would fail miserably if whirlpool is strong enough.))

Follow my fellow mage to the northwest of whirlpool to study it with great care (oh, and search for loot on the coast while I do this). If I have some time left - an essence.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 19, 2014, 06:01:21 pm »

Turn 47

Two more aether essences. Need more POWAH! Also, it'll be nice to have a stockpile so I don't have to do this again anytime soon.
With that done, three force essences.

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [1]
POT [3]

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [2]
POT [3]
CMP 5+1-2=4]
POT [2+1-2=1]

Crimson, spear of fore in hand, returned next to Jase to meditate and pool power.

Try to sense what the tree's angry about and why it's acting this way. And try to convince it to retract it's spikes.
Summon an iron shovel. Craft summoning essence.

LUCK [5]
CMP [2+1-2=1]
POT [5+1+1=7]
CMP [6]
POT [6+1+1-1=7]

The tree seems to be upset abaut James close proximity to it, as mage is both capable of siphoning away it's life force and is a living trouble magnet. It refuses to retract the spikes.
James atempt to summon an iron shovel is technicly successfull. It is a shovel and it is made of iron. It is also 20 cm in size and thinner than a leaf of paper. With nothing better to do, healer summons a essense.
Go and investigate the warp in this area. It is always a must for the non-insane sorcerers of Tzeentch

LUCK [6]

Christicus focused on his leftover connection to the warp seeking it's source. It apears that reality thinned a bit in an area to southwest.

"Hmm. Useful."
Etszu searches for a tree that might have an expansive root system, or a parasitic tree, if there is one, while making another 3 LW essences.

LUCK [2]

In search of a suitable tree Etszu himself was found. A pair of treants emerged from the forest with astoundingly little noise.
What is this?
One of them spoke.
Could it be that those two were merely the first of many?
Asked the second. After these words they both focused their eyes on intruding mage.
Name your purpose here, outsider, or begone.

Make two aspect essences. Dodge the vortex by going to the nother west coast of whirlpool lake.
Follow my fellow mage to the northwest of whirlpool to study it with great care (oh, and search for loot on the coast while I do this). If I have some time left - an essence.

SPD [(5+1)/2+1=4]
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [2]
CMP [6]
POT [2-1=1]

SPD [(6)/2+1=4]
LUCK [8]
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [1+1=2]

Ishin and Kahel, not wanting to see the arcane sstorm from closer up, opted to move away along the coast. On the way, Kahel noticed a strange plant growing in the water just a few meters away from shore. It looked like a lily with purple beries instead of blossoms.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 47 Searching for secrets
« Reply #742 on: December 19, 2014, 07:02:57 pm »

I guess I have to go there.

Go over to the southwest warp thing

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 19, 2014, 08:02:39 pm »

"Others? I know no others who have entered here. As for I, I merely wish to unite the forest all as one. If I have overstepped, I am sorry. It is your forest, after all."
Etszu charges another 3 Essences while he talks to the Treants, and sits cross-legged at the base of the tree.

EDIT:((Also, I'm going to be going on a holiday road trip for a few days (around 3-4 I think) to visit family, starting the 23 of December, and the internet might be spotty. If I don't post for a turn,have me charge 3 more essences (Accidental self-warping Woo!), or put me in stasis or something.))
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:52:20 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 20, 2014, 12:28:14 am »

Remind the plum tree that I grew it from a tiny seed. And that I have never used any of its life force. And that I could use my healing magic to restore any life force I take, and that I will heal any damage it ever takes. Make sure it knows that I'm on it's side. Ask if there's anything it wants or needs, then ask if it still wants me to leave.

Summon a proper iron shovel using the +1/+2 essence. Then craft 2 summoning essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 20, 2014, 01:12:58 am »

Two more aether essences. The time of reckoning is soon.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 20, 2014, 09:22:35 pm »

Create three more force essences.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 21, 2014, 02:36:51 am »

"Could you happen to know a little about plants, my friend? It seems that I found an interesting specimen..."

Strange plant obviously required careful investigation. But it also seemed to be close to whirlpool... So, Kahel studies whirlpool and the plant from afar, deciding if creating an ice path to the latter would be a wise idea.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 21, 2014, 04:20:00 am »

"Could you happen to know a little about plants, my friend? It seems that I found an interesting specimen..."

"My grandpa was a druid, so something might have rubbed on."

Make two Aspect essences.
Assist Kahel's studies with my meager knowledge of plants.
Consider consequences of manipulating aspects of essences I have created.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 26, 2014, 06:15:52 pm »

Turn 48

Go over to the southwest warp thing

SPD [(6)/2+1=4]

Chrisicus rushed forth towards faint warp signal off in the distance. Storm had moved, but warp sorceror managed to maneuver around it without slowing down. When Christicus stoped for a while to catch his breath, he had allready beaten over half the distance, waching for signs of warp taint from atop of a grassy hill.

"Others? I know no others who have entered here. As for I, I merely wish to unite the forest all as one. If I have overstepped, I am sorry. It is your forest, after all."
Etszu charges another 3 Essences while he talks to the Treants, and sits cross-legged at the base of the tree.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [3]
POT [4]
CMP [3+1-2=2]
POT [6+1-2=5]
LUCK [2]

Estzu started making essenses while treants started discusing legitimacy of his claims.
"So he claims that he comes in peace"
"And that he wants to unite the forest. What do you think he means by that?"
"He doesn't look like a druid, yet we should not be too hasty. We are suposed to protect the forest from those that would harm it, not to deny access to practicioneers."
"Hold on, the magic he uses, it seems familiar somewhat. I think I have seen it before, long ago."
"By Gaia! It is fleshwarping, the very same power that was used in ancient wars to send abominations against us. You shall not leave this forest alive, outsider."

Remind the plum tree that I grew it from a tiny seed. And that I have never used any of its life force. And that I could use my healing magic to restore any life force I take, and that I will heal any damage it ever takes. Make sure it knows that I'm on it's side. Ask if there's anything it wants or needs, then ask if it still wants me to leave.

Summon a proper iron shovel using the +1/+2 essence. Then craft 2 summoning essences.

LUCK [4]
CMP [1+1+1=3]
POT [3+1+1+2=7]
CMP [4]
POT [4+1+1-1=5]
CMP [2+1-2=1]
POT [3]

Treehouse reminds James that it was he who twisted it in this unnatural form and that mages in general atract trouble, often fiery, like flowers atract bees.

Fate seems to agree with the treehouse, as the iron shovel that apeared before James was rusted beyond uselessness.

Two more aether essences. The time of reckoning is soon.
Create three more force essences.

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [1]
POT [6]

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [2]
POT [6]
CMP [3+1-2=2]
POT [4+1-2=3]

Crimson and Jase continued their meditation.

Strange plant obviously required careful investigation. But it also seemed to be close to whirlpool... So, Kahel studies whirlpool and the plant from afar, deciding if creating an ice path to the latter would be a wise idea.

"My grandpa was a druid, so something might have rubbed on."

Make two Aspect essences.
Assist Kahel's studies with my meager knowledge of plants.
Consider consequences of manipulating aspects of essences I have created.

LUCK [10]

By Kahels profesional tourist opinion, creating an ice path towards this particular whirpool would be both easy and safe, due to its almost unnaturaly small diameter. It was deep enough to hide exact depth from this angle, yet it did not seem to extend all that far outwards.

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [5]
CMP [6]
POT [6-1=5]
LUCK [9]

After crafting a pair of essenses Ishin had a look at strange plant Kahel had found. And recognised it immedietly. A rare species of a magical plant that grew on edges of lakes in places where there were great ammounts of ambient magic. A plant named Hlamodysa, eating a fruit from such plant would allow one to breathe underwater for an hour.

Using Aspect powers on an essense woud likely allow one to change nature of magic, say from aspect to temperature or back. It would also be possible to change from POT to CMP and back. Most of the time, it would be easyer to make a new essense.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 506