Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180283 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 255 Close miss
« Reply #7380 on: July 17, 2017, 09:41:20 pm »

Summon a celestial wolf. Use all of my essences.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:13:43 pm by Rautherdir »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: July 18, 2017, 01:20:35 am »

follow the mages trying to escape, make 2 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: July 19, 2017, 08:11:38 am »

Travel to the mages, trying to escape.

EDIT: avoid doomed hexes
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:09:21 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: July 19, 2017, 12:19:32 pm »

Keep moving to the others. Don't be in the hex when it blows. 3 essences in preparation.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: July 19, 2017, 02:31:38 pm »

Use my Dimension dagger to blink to and stab Bob, and have my bladecubes begin orbiting me.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: July 19, 2017, 09:01:40 pm »

If NAV creates a portal, defend it/him with my affinity (exact details pm'd in order to keep my affinity a secret). Use 5 essences on this.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: July 20, 2017, 03:33:41 am »

Strengthen my nervous system so that I may react timely to any danger. Two +1/+2 essences, one +1/+1.

Then, bid farewell to the Tower, and travel to the congregation of mages, avoiding destructive phenomena.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: July 20, 2017, 08:46:28 pm »

Turn 256

Summon a celestial wolf. Use all of my essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sharrin called to the hunt again, and this time the wolf that arrived was fully ready to hunt. Celestial wolf, with fur as dark as night save for white spots that were as bright as night stars. This species was known appearing in hunting packs seemingly out of nowhere on cloudless nights. They were part fae, and usually rested when the night was not right, but this one would serve Sharrin with all of its mystical might.

follow the mages trying to escape, make 2 essences

Seva flew southwards, away from the Tower and towards a group of mage planning an escape. He flew extra swiftly through the area that had attracted attention of the Young Gods, and the speed had been sufficient to avoid disintegration. There was already quite a group gathered there, preparing for the spell.

Travel to the mages, trying to escape.

EDIT: avoid doomed hexes

Skeliborn was unwilling to brave the dangerous are like Seva did, and chose to walk around the danger. This left him some distance short to the goal when the light struck again, but the light fell fair distance away from him.

Keep moving to the others. Don't be in the hex when it blows. 3 essences in preparation.

Gambler rushed forward as he felt something looking at him intensely. The feeling faded as he ran away, confirming that it was the land, not him that was doomed. For now at least. And if the plan of getting out worked, forever.

Use my Dimension dagger to blink to and stab Bob, and have my bladecubes begin orbiting me.

Cuberac waited until the dinosaurs were close enough to bite him and teleported forward using the dagger. The dagger that he then extended towards Bob's guts. But Bob, although surprised by this, managed to step out of the way of the knife, but into the way of an orbiting cube. The cube caught his robe and sent Bob sprawling to the ground, the perfect position for execution.

If NAV creates a portal, defend it/him with my affinity (exact details pm'd in order to keep my affinity a secret). Use 5 essences on this.

{No portal from James, nothing happens}

Strengthen my nervous system so that I may react timely to any danger. Two +1/+2 essences, one +1/+1.

Then, bid farewell to the Tower, and travel to the congregation of mages, avoiding destructive phenomena.

Ao reforged his nerves using the help of the Tower and moved out. He was slightly sad to go, the Tower was a place where he grew greatly in enchantments and items. But if this island was to sink, he did not wish to sink with it. Ao ran ant brisk pace around the land about to be annihilated and arrived at a congregation of mages who shared much the same thoughts.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Hurry up already! The apocalypse is a thing, I don't have time for this!"

Create some more robot parts(+1/+1, +1 POT) and some computing robot parts(+1/+1, +1/+1, +1 POT). Have the hauler dump them into the factory and have the factory assemble the parts into a tactician robot, which will aid the other robots in their fight against the earth spirit. Also make an essence, also another PM thing.

The earth spirit rose again, but this time when combat drone fired it's laser it seemed to have hit something important. Earth that made up the body of the spirit shuddered and it all fell to dust. Drill bot and miner bot spread the dust around just in case but the spirit did not return. This made Doctor significantly less upset about conjuring a pile of transistors instead of any actually useful computational parts. At least the robot parts were good.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 256 Final Exodus
« Reply #7388 on: July 20, 2017, 08:47:46 pm »

Unfortunately, I got distracted while writing and it is now morning. PM's will come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: July 20, 2017, 11:54:43 pm »

Repeat my previous action. After that, make an essence.

If NAV doesn't make the portal this turn, make 2 essences instead.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: July 21, 2017, 01:46:37 pm »

Execute him!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: July 21, 2017, 02:06:05 pm »

"Sorry, zoned out for a minute there. Gives some more mages time to catch up at least."

Look up the necessary omnicube transformations beforehand.

"Time to go."
Then, summon a ... a farming hoe. Simple farming tool, should take us somewhere habitable. My ring should make sure it's abandoned and unwanted. Use 5/5 of essences.
Stick my gauntlet into the portal and transform it into a doorframe.

Telepathically talk to the firetree, I'm sure it knows the world is ending. Suggest that it should transfer it's consciousness to a core or branch or seed or something that can fit through a doorway. Help it in any way possible with a healing spell and my nature rune tattoos. Then it can regrow in a natural tree shape. Or if that's not possible I can try to summon it again on the other side.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: July 21, 2017, 04:58:03 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Finally."

Okay then. Have the robots exit the tunnel, then send in the hauler bot to loot anything the earth spirit left behind(a spirit crystal, maybe?). Also, secret things.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: July 21, 2017, 06:20:21 pm »

Make 3 essences

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: July 21, 2017, 10:03:16 pm »

Complete the rest of the journey to the mages. 3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 506