Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163621 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 256 Final Exodus
« Reply #7395 on: July 22, 2017, 01:05:10 am »

"This world does seem to be ending. A pity I have no power to influence this. I liked studying at the Tower..."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: July 22, 2017, 04:13:39 pm »

"Do you guys mind if i bring some extra people through the portal, because there's a flock of harpies nearby and they were kinda nice so I don't want to leave them here."
Unless anyone objects, go go find the harpies(they were in the moderately forested hex 2 hexes southeast, between the mud and the void) and tell them about the apocalypse(if they don't already know) and the escape portal, lead them back to the portal if I'm fast enough
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:09:16 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: July 23, 2017, 10:17:26 pm »

"Do you guys mind if i bring some extra people through the portal, because there's a flock of harpies nearby and they were kinda nice so I don't want to leave them here."
Unless anyone objects, go go find the harpies(they were in the moderately forested hex 2 hexes southeast, between the mud and the void) and tell them about the apocalypse(if they don't already know) and the escape portal, lead them back to the portal if I'm fast enough

"Go for it, if you're fast enough to get them. No use leaving anyone behind."

If I read that correctly and the portal is being created this turn:
If I did not read that correctly and the portal is not being created this turn:
    Prime the Triple Sevens.
    Summon a symbol of the Lady composed of glass mixed with solidified Luck. Use three chaotic +1/+1s and one chaotic +2/+2.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:51:00 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: July 23, 2017, 11:23:26 pm »

XXXXYYYY, can we read your spoiler?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: July 23, 2017, 11:40:38 pm »

XXXXYYYY, can we read your spoiler?
((Whoops, should have been clearer. You all can absolutely read it, sorry. It was just a little long and it was under a conditional, so I spoiled it for size and aesthetic reasons.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: July 24, 2017, 12:40:54 am »

Lessen my connection to this reality, as to make portal passage easier and ward off... incidents. 3 +1/+1 & +1/+2 essences. Also Lesser blood magic to see how it'll work.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: July 24, 2017, 07:16:22 pm »

Turn 267

Execute him!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac stabbed downwards in a wide swing meant to skewer Bob's throat, but the paleontomage managed to turn his head aside, making the dagger leave only a thin red line on the side of his neck. Then it was, Cuberac's turn to dodge, as Bob's sharps claws attempted to disembowel him. The claws did not even reach Cuberac's clothes, but the cube mage was forced to fall on the ground himself. As the struggled, dinosaurs were rushing towards the two of them.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Finally."

Okay then. Have the robots exit the tunnel, then send in the hauler bot to loot anything the earth spirit left behind(a spirit crystal, maybe?). Also, secret things.

Doktor ordered his bots back on solid surface ground, he did not have much more time to waste here. The hauler bot was out last, carrying something like a shard of quartz. A natural spirit crystal, entirely undamaged. It seemed that the laser refracted through the crystal, destroying the earth spirit but leaving the container intact. Spirit crystals were quite valuable things, you could insert them into damn near anything, and over time it would grow an intelligence that would try to do the duty of the item as well as it could. The older the intelligence was, the more powerful their magic would get. Unfortunately, they usually took years to grow useful, but there were ways to speed this up.

Make 3 essences

Sharrin just waited for the portal to be forged. He had few talents that would be useful here, so there was nothing for him to do. He still captured some more magic, just in case this didn't quite work out.

Complete the rest of the journey to the mages. 3 essences

Skeliborn finished his trip to the group planning evacuation. There was quite a group here, just a few mages short of half of everyone on the island. Not much for him to do but wait now, so that's what he did. Perhaps there would be something on the other side for him to defeat as a thanks for a trip off this deathtrap.

Lessen my connection to this reality, as to make portal passage easier and ward off... incidents. 3 +1/+1 & +1/+2 essences. Also Lesser blood magic to see how it'll work.

Ao was also not feeling particularly like remaining in this realm, but unlike so many others, he had his own plan of leaving this place. Souls could pass practically any dimensional barrier, and with his knowledge, Ao would be able to carry more than just his soul. It was still dangerous, so he chose to do it in steps. His body became slightly less solid looking, like something seen through fog. He felt much the same, but the world around Ao became somewhat blurred, especially distant objects. Then the magic took it's toll and Ao felt his ribs break. Perhaps it was a bit much to pay for what was really a backup plan.

"Sorry, zoned out for a minute there. Gives some more mages time to catch up at least."

Look up the necessary omnicube transformations beforehand.

"Time to go."
Then, summon a ... a farming hoe. Simple farming tool, should take us somewhere habitable. My ring should make sure it's abandoned and unwanted. Use 5/5 of essences.
Stick my gauntlet into the portal and transform it into a doorframe.

Telepathically talk to the firetree, I'm sure it knows the world is ending. Suggest that it should transfer it's consciousness to a core or branch or seed or something that can fit through a doorway. Help it in any way possible with a healing spell and my nature rune tattoos. Then it can regrow in a natural tree shape. Or if that's not possible I can try to summon it again on the other side.
Repeat my previous action. After that, make an essence.

If NAV doesn't make the portal this turn, make 2 essences instead.

"Go for it, if you're fast enough to get them. No use leaving anyone behind."

If I read that correctly and the portal is being created this turn:
If I did not read that correctly and the portal is not being created this turn:
    Prime the Triple Sevens.
    Summon a symbol of the Lady composed of glass mixed with solidified Luck. Use three chaotic +1/+1s and one chaotic +2/+2.

James called forth a simple farming hoe. The item was of little importance itself, except for the surroundings in which it was usually found. Then, as the portal formed and the item emerged, he swiftly stepped forwards and punched the space-time anomaly. Glass melted and burned where the portal touched it, but soon the first layer was burned through and the Eternity was reached. At that moment, James swiftly pushed a combination of buttons and switches for this exact occasion and stepped back, leaving the glass gauntlet floating in the air. For a moment it was all it did, but then it began to unfold, stretching the swirling vortex out, creating an archway of glass and shadows. Some distance away, the flames on the fire tree went out and leaves around the flames closed, swiftly becoming covered in spiked bark. Just moments later, freshly formed spiked seeds fell to the ground.

Two other mages also joined in the magic of creating a portal, although one vastly overshadowed the other. Where Urghe's spell went through with no great fanfare, Gambler's spell and prayer were met with thunderous reaction. From clear sky lightning struck Gambler, burning wounds more dangerous than simple flesh.Gambler remembered that Lady hated to have her name invoked, as memories of magic of fortune were lost in a pyre of power. However, another lightning bolt fell on the Portal producing far more favorable results. The vortex swirling within the frame parted revealing a clear sight of seemingly peaceful field of barley. The fires around the edges of the portal subsided and glass began to cool. For now, the portal was naturally stable, although it was only a matter of time before it was destroyed by external forces.

Seva also knew that it was only a matter of time, so he rushed towards the forest, where he had previously met the friendly harpies. He could see the nests peeking through the branches, but the harpies themselves were nowhere to be found. As he flew closer, he found that the nests were missing majority of their colorful decorations and there was not an egg in sight. The harpies had left before he arrived, although it was a question of where.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:44:22 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 257 Clear way out
« Reply #7402 on: July 24, 2017, 07:23:51 pm »

((The map's missing.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: July 24, 2017, 07:25:56 pm »

((The map's missing.))
That's because Firefox glitched all my RAM away and began lagging. I did the turn as to not lose writing progress and added the map just now, after restarting the damn thing.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: July 24, 2017, 07:28:57 pm »

"I can go grab those seeds."

Ride my celestial wolf over to the fire tree and grab the seeds. Then get back to the portal.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: July 24, 2017, 08:22:50 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Excellent. But time is short. This realm is coming to an end. My plan must be accelerated, when I do not even have the basics. Hopefully, luck will be on my side and I will have the time I need..."

Create(-1) some power armor(-1) robot parts with the chaotic +2/+1 essence, then make 2 essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: July 24, 2017, 10:47:34 pm »

Through the portal.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: July 24, 2017, 10:53:01 pm »

Walk into the portal.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: July 25, 2017, 12:50:09 am »

((The map's missing.))
That's because Firefox glitched all my RAM away and began lagging. I did the turn as to not lose writing progress and added the map just now, after restarting the damn thing.
((You've also confused Ao with Redrum. Not sure what difference it will make to the rolls, though.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: July 25, 2017, 01:40:25 am »

Send the treasure bird to find the shiny things the harpies had, follow it and warn/guide the harpies if they are found
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:45:33 am by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 506