Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181585 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 257 Clear way out
« Reply #7410 on: July 25, 2017, 02:21:15 pm »

Try creating a cubic arena, and use my hypercube to attack.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: July 25, 2017, 04:45:14 pm »

((The map's missing.))
That's because Firefox glitched all my RAM away and began lagging. I did the turn as to not lose writing progress and added the map just now, after restarting the damn thing.
((You've also confused Ao with Redrum. Not sure what difference it will make to the rolls, though.))

Dammit. Fixed it now. Any similarities to previous text are purely coincidental.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: July 25, 2017, 11:36:34 pm »

Heal Gambler, if I can do anything to help.

Take the seeds from the mage with the wolf and thank him for getting them.
Help everyone through the portal. Send Grundar through to watch the other side.

"I don't know how long this'll last, everyone through!"

Oh yeah, a few other people I should find and help through the portal.
There's the fireplum sapling that Grundar planted when we first moved to this new island.
Blinky, the blob covered in eyes that follows follows me around sometimes.
The forest druids. They probably won't want to leave their forest.
Try to find these and any other living things and help them through the portal.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: July 26, 2017, 04:26:04 pm »

"It was a most interesting experience..."

Magically strengthen the bones back into decent shape! Use two +1/+2 essences.

(If not dead) Ao nods farewell to the Tower before passing through portal to new lands and experiences to master.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: July 27, 2017, 07:04:01 pm »

Wait a minute... Uh, guys, I might have screwed up a teensy-weensy bit. I can fix it, though.

Cast my divination spell to ensure that I haven't !@#$ed up. Only let people into the portal if my spell turns up a negative (not messed up) result.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: July 27, 2017, 07:14:41 pm »

Turn 258.-1

Doktor Diabolical:

"Excellent. But time is short. This realm is coming to an end. My plan must be accelerated, when I do not even have the basics. Hopefully, luck will be on my side and I will have the time I need..."

Create(-1) some power armor(-1) robot parts with the chaotic +2/+1 essence, then make 2 essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doktor conjured a bunch of parts, most of them seemed to have purposes as undecipherable as most of his creations but several armor shaped chunks revealed their purpose. It would not defend him from a blast, but there were other things to guard against.

Send the treasure bird to find the shiny things the harpies had, follow it and warn/guide the harpies if they are found

Seva flew after treasure bird, looking all the time for the colored wings he had granted to the harpies. He found none, but something else attracted his attention. Near the crater which a blast of light had left there was something moving. A river of green was flowing out of the forest and into the crater.

Try creating a cubic arena, and use my hypercube to attack.

Cuberac attempted to conjure a cubical arena to keep the fight dinosaur free, but his spell was stopped before any results emerged by Bob's earnest attempt to tear Cuberac's heart out with his claws. Many cubes Cuberac held in his clothes managed to push the claws away from their target but Cuberac lost a good chunk of flesh still. Things were looking bad, dinosaurs were close enough to bite and Bob had managed to dodge the cubes by another quick dive to the ground.

Heal Gambler, if I can do anything to help.

Take the seeds from the mage with the wolf and thank him for getting them.
Help everyone through the portal. Send Grundar through to watch the other side.

"I don't know how long this'll last, everyone through!"

Oh yeah, a few other people I should find and help through the portal.
There's the fireplum sapling that Grundar planted when we first moved to this new island.
Blinky, the blob covered in eyes that follows follows me around sometimes.
The forest druids. They probably won't want to leave their forest.
Try to find these and any other living things and help them through the portal.

"It was a most interesting experience..."

Magically strengthen the bones back into decent shape! Use two +1/+2 essences.

(If not dead) Ao nods farewell to the Tower before passing through portal to new lands and experiences to master.
"I can go grab those seeds."

Ride my celestial wolf over to the fire tree and grab the seeds. Then get back to the portal.
Through the portal.
Walk into the portal.
Wait a minute... Uh, guys, I might have screwed up a teensy-weensy bit. I can fix it, though.

Cast my divination spell to ensure that I haven't !@#$ed up. Only let people into the portal if my spell turns up a negative (not messed up) result.

Their last line to escape was a matter of extreme importance to the mages. If one of their number thought something was off and wanted to cast another spell to make sure, should they not wait? Yes, they were pressed for time, but that meant doing things properly the first time and avoiding needing to redo the whole thing. And so, Urghe-Ongho wove his magics, checking for flaws caused by both his previous spells and any other trouble. Or at least, so they thought.

Black flames rose from the portal, burning over the clear image of freedom, covering it completely in moments. From the dark fire rose a ghastly figure of an abomination, bound spirit of an old race, a ghost Ilithid. After it, almost invisibly different from the flames rose a shadow demon. The demon was not empty handed, it dragged something from the flames and tossed it forward, presenting it to the gathered mages. The something was a corpse. A corpse of Ilium, the mage no one had seen recently, and it seemed less of a message to the mages than to one particular mage. Both the ghost and the demon bowed deeply towards Urghe, Ilithid remained motionless, but the demon rose and threw a fireball that sailed just past Gambler. It seemed upset that it had missed, and conjured another.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 06:17:07 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 258.-1 Trust
« Reply #7416 on: July 27, 2017, 07:27:48 pm »

(My action only included getting to the portal, not through it.)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: July 27, 2017, 07:29:45 pm »

((The worst thing to hear from a mage is "oops". Wait for Urghe to check before going, assuming that the spell he's casting seems to check out.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: July 27, 2017, 07:46:07 pm »

((Ao can wait for a time, especially when he risks sudden complete bone crush via failed spellcast first.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: July 28, 2017, 04:26:30 pm »

((Sure I can wait))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: July 28, 2017, 04:55:35 pm »

(Waiting)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 258 Trust and backstabbing
« Reply #7421 on: July 28, 2017, 06:18:51 pm »

The wait is over, map and action results are in place.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: July 28, 2017, 06:43:49 pm »

Direct my celestial wolf to attack the demon, summon an angelic wolf using all essences and both lesser and greater blood power.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 07:59:20 pm by Rautherdir »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: July 28, 2017, 06:45:53 pm »

"Sorry everyone. Looks like we'll have to try again. Without any traitors this time."
Grip my new smokescreen torch to protect from fireballs and ambush Urghe.

Dragon shout/toss/order Grundar to toss that mage into the portal. Use whatever plant energy is left that isn't in the seeds to increase the POT of my dragon shout. Then pull out the omnicube frame to close the portal and turn it into a shield.

Make sure to get the trees seeds and keep them safe after.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 07:01:26 pm by NAV »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: July 28, 2017, 07:50:12 pm »

((I'd say that was unexpected, but I'd be lying. Good try, ATHATH. Have fun trying not to get murdered. And to the rest of you, have fun murdering Urghe.))

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 506