Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180937 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 260 Safety at last?
« Reply #7455 on: August 03, 2017, 09:44:12 pm »

if no one does after going through the portal, follow them through
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:03:47 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: August 03, 2017, 10:04:52 pm »

Three essences. Try to stay out of fighting.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: August 03, 2017, 10:29:46 pm »

Run through the portal
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: August 04, 2017, 12:22:36 am »

((Hah, forgot to post, lets wave it off as Ao being in daze.))

Blinded, poisoned and confused... A fine day that was for Ao, and only better it would become.

Become etherial. Expel poison from my blood. If still blinded and poisoned - make poison filter itself via spell, else guard my senses against further attacks (use 2 +1/+2). Else/afterwards continue with sword attack. Use celestial insight in case of 1's
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 01:41:22 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: August 04, 2017, 12:00:17 pm »

Fight off the poison and darkness. I do still have some mind control resistance in my brain if that helps.
Pop healing items like they're candy.
Cast healing spells with max essences like they're going out of style.
Get the seeds. Keep them safe.
Get everyone through the portal.

Oh yeah, gesture at Grundar until he does something tangible to help.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:34:42 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: August 04, 2017, 12:05:12 pm »

((Whoops. Forgot to hit post last turn.))
Ensure that the ghost isn't possessing me or somesuch. Have the stiletto stab the black flames and blood. After someone passes through the portal, assuming that they don't start screaming, follow them.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: August 04, 2017, 01:34:02 pm »

Go south.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: August 04, 2017, 05:10:42 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Excellent. Time to put my plans into motion. But first, one last preparation."

Put on the armor. Make 3 essences. Check the armor's functions to make sure they work. Specifically its defense against magic-that was probably what the parts were intended for, right? Examine the aether sensor one more time, checking the readings and whatnot. See if anything's changed.
~~~
Edit:
Yet for all the effort, a result was not to bee.
((Just now noticed this pun.))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:01:05 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: August 07, 2017, 08:52:17 pm »

Turn 261

Go south.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Before Bob could recover from the punch to the face, Cuberac finished weighting his options and chose to leg it. By the time Bob stood back up, Cuberac was already a speck in the distance. Before he could figure out why, Light finished his thoughts forever. Some distance away, Cuberac was panting from the rush. It seemed that fate was bent on snatching every prize out of his hands.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Excellent. Time to put my plans into motion. But first, one last preparation."

Put on the armor. Make 3 essences. Check the armor's functions to make sure they work. Specifically its defense against magic-that was probably what the parts were intended for, right? Examine the aether sensor one more time, checking the readings and whatnot. See if anything's changed.

Doktor went through his devices, checking each in turn. The armor was working as intended now, all systems operational. Unfortunately, when he checked the parts, he found that they were not warded against magic or even against physical blows. They were warded against scrap-code, which wasn't a problem unless you were in a post-singularity post-apocalyptic world. The aether reader brought little new, with the forest node still overwhelming anything further away. It seemed even slightly brighter now.

Three essences. Try to stay out of fighting.

Sharrin chose to stay away from the battle for a moment, both his own situation and the enemies were too strange. He needed a few moments to focus himself, and quite frankly, the foes failed to cause any real injury so far.

if no one does after going through the portal, follow them through
Run through the portal
Fight off the poison and darkness. I do still have some mind control resistance in my brain if that helps.
Pop healing items like they're candy.
Cast healing spells with max essences like they're going out of style.
Get the seeds. Keep them safe.
Get everyone through the portal.

Oh yeah, gesture at Grundar until he does something tangible to help.

((Whoops. Forgot to hit post last turn.))
Ensure that the ghost isn't possessing me or somesuch. Have the stiletto stab the black flames and blood. After someone passes through the portal, assuming that they don't start screaming, follow them.
((Hah, forgot to post, lets wave it off as Ao being in daze.))

Blinded, poisoned and confused... A fine day that was for Ao, and only better it would become.

Become etherial. Expel poison from my blood. If still blinded and poisoned - make poison filter itself via spell, else guard my senses against further attacks (use 2 +1/+2). Else/afterwards continue with sword attack. Use celestial insight in case of 1's

Before any mage could rush the portal, the blood moved again. It streaked towards the new portal, carrying the black fire with it, covering the way out beneath the unreal blaze. Few mages that were closest to running towards it paused in their step. In the meantime, the cutlass continued trying to stab through catatonic James.  It worked better after abandoning the heavily armored chest and stabbing at far more vulnerable limbs. James remained insensate to the flowing blood, continuing to battle the shadows in his mind. Grundar, perhaps slow witted but dutiful, stepped forward and grabbed the cutlass trying to stab James. His firm grasp stopped any attempts from the haunted blade to escape and injure anyone else.

Unfortunately, the demonic attack did not end there. To surprise of everyone, the demonic portal coughed out an entire elephant which landed on James. If anyone had been able to hear, they imagined it would had made quite a sound. But there was little time to be surprised, as the portal expelled another Molotov, this one straight at Gambler who caught it straight in the face. Any of his plans were swiftly replaced by pain and burning. The ghost Ilithid seemed to not be a fan of fire as it left Gambler and floated into Skeliborn. Only Ao was doing well, his previous enchantments allowing him to purge poison fairly easily. Unfortunately, the enemy did not seem like one he could actually fight.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 261 Hairs breadth away
« Reply #7464 on: August 07, 2017, 09:11:58 pm »

Change the demonic portal into a wolf portal. Use all three essences and a lesser blood power.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: August 07, 2017, 10:18:03 pm »

((Do to the effect of my armor, I'm pretty sure that if the ghost succeeds in possessing me that I also get to possess it. That or the armor negates the effect. Possession is kind of a magic attack.))
Start ritual to teleport the members of TOAM to blades of grass in a safe universe.
+5/+5 essences

Sacrifices:
The ghost illithid

((For the ritual don't forget my +1 ring of luck just in case)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:28:56 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: August 08, 2017, 09:41:29 am »

James has a lot of healing items. With any luck (+1 ring), the elephant crushed at least a few and spilled them in his wounds, healing him along side his ring of regeneration and the healing gas present in the area.

The mind control healing seed James set up in his mind a long time ago might help against the mind possessing shadow demon thing.

Just try to wake up.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 09:43:35 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: August 08, 2017, 02:38:22 pm »

Attack Nihilum.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: August 08, 2017, 05:18:33 pm »

Stop, drop and roll. The regeneration ring will repair the damage, so putting out the fire is the first priority. The stiletto is animate, so have it stab the blood/portal without passing through while I do so.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: August 08, 2017, 05:26:19 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Blast. I'm really not sufficiently prepared for this, am I? Oh well. Here goes nothing."

PM action. Odds are players can guess.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 506