Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177827 times)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2014, 01:19:12 am »

"Maybe I should go up instead..."

Find the tallest tree and climb it to get a good view of my surroundings.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2014, 01:39:41 am »

Would it be possible for me to join?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:44:43 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2014, 01:50:47 am »

Examine the throne room.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2014, 05:20:39 am »

((What would have happened if we both rolled sixes on Pot? Also can we do two spells in one turn?))
"Hey guy I have a plan. Get some more plum seeds. Then do your thing."
Make a system of interconnected rituals of growth around several trees. (Going for more regular sized trees this time.)

You can do several spells, but each spell after the first will get -1 to both CMP and POT. If you had roled double sixes in pot, the spell would had broken through your runes, resulting in a huge plum tree, with a few small holes in it.
shape basalt into a ten-foot tall statue, because basalt is cooled magma (-1) and fire is just heat and magma is hot (-1). Have a plaque at its feet that says "Let those of forest and air beware. These lands are no longer within your grasp."

You won't be able to do this for three reasons.
1) Wikipedia definition of fire is "Fire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products.". So fire is not just heat.
2) Even if it was, alowing you to manipulate things that are hot would be streching this uncomfortably far, as definition of "hot" is vague, all things have a temperature of sorts, scientificly speaking there is no such thing as "coldness".
3)You missed a few -1 there. Lava can cool into basalt AND obsidian, you wanted specificly basalt(-1). Seperating heat out of all that is fire(-1). That's a total of -4, with no shards bonus and a roll of 6 your total would be 3, which hovers betwen success and failure.

Would it be possible for me to join?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pick a color and you're in.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2014, 07:15:38 am »

"Making a wall?"
"Nope! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH *cough cough*. Nevermind. I'll tell you later you'll love it."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2014, 08:37:26 am »

"Making a wall?"
"Nope! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH *cough cough*. Nevermind. I'll tell you later you'll love it."
"Okay, from now on, if you want me to help you with something, you need to tell me exactly what it is."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2014, 08:43:42 am »

Fixed it, initiating oxidation of trees.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2014, 09:00:32 am »

"Making a wall?"
"Okay, from now on, if you want me to help you with something, you need to tell me exactly what it is."
"I'll tell you when I initiate my plan. This is just prep."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2014, 09:04:00 am »

Fixed it, initiating oxidation of trees.

Do you throw a fireball at it, or do you want to get a bit closer to avoid roling for dex?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2014, 09:08:27 am »

Hey DreamerGhost, could you please PM me? The PM button doesn't work on my phone so I have to reply.

Initiate rapid oxidation of the tree those guys are working on.
"David, Watch out!"
Heal this guys trachea shut with scar tissue.(Ranged)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:53:19 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2014, 09:28:08 am »

I would apreciate if you people wrote down what mods (say, ranged) you are using when casting spells. If you don't I'll assume that you are going for basic spell, which is touch-ranged manipulation.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2014, 09:41:11 am »

"New plan! Give him cancer! You are banned from my store!"
Make amplification and aiming runes for that advanced cellular reproduction spell.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2014, 10:24:16 am »

meh, fine, not screwing with you all.  Too much of a hassle to cast the spell at a range

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2014, 10:31:37 am »

Good. Back to the old plan.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2014, 10:59:23 am »

Get some plum seeds from the tree and plant them in David's runes. Make them grow.

And if anyone attacks, stop what I'm doing and seal their trachea with scar tissue(ranged).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 506