Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163730 times)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 48 New poll
« Reply #750 on: December 26, 2014, 06:39:19 pm »

Continue onwards to the warp thing

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 26, 2014, 06:45:45 pm »

"Oh dear. Really? I would leave peaceably, if you would let me, you know. So be it."
Etszu Warps their eyes/light spots/whatever they use to see into nonexistence. 2 essence.
((How big are these things, anyway?))
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:48:01 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 26, 2014, 08:02:34 pm »

"You're a very grumpy tree."
Pick a plum from the tree and eat it.

Try to push buttons on the glass cube to make it form a shovel.
Then cast three spells. If I have a decent shovel then create summoning essences, otherwise summon a shovel.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 11:16:56 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 27, 2014, 02:29:36 am »

"Oh it's Hlamodysa! What amazing find! Eating it grants water breathing, and to boot it is very rare, making it very valuable. Man, you are rich now!"

((So eating half of the fruit grants water breathing for half hour?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 28, 2014, 08:07:58 am »

Now for something different, try to apply the mobile (-2) modifier to the force spear I have.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 28, 2014, 12:04:03 pm »

Two more aether essences. And see if I can have the abomination make an essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 28, 2014, 04:56:41 pm »

"Great. I'll make the path for us now."

Ice path! Add an essence (+POT) and two (+CMP) for solidness.
If successful - go and carefully pick the fruit.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 01, 2015, 05:52:53 pm »

Turn 49

SPD [(5)/2+1=3.5]
LUCK [7]

As soon as Romanticarnus steped on the final hill, it became obivious for him that warp was certainly involved here. Salt fields were something he had not seen before, but the fleshy growth up ahead looked like something of Tzeench, though somewhat too uniform. Probably the consequence of locked away magical plane. Sorceror could feel warp powers seeping through from the field of tongues, seeking out the source proved easy. A warp rift, barely few meters in size, was spewing out power of immaterium.

"Oh dear. Really? I would leave peaceably, if you would let me, you know. So be it."
Etszu Warps their eyes/light spots/whatever they use to see into nonexistence. 2 essence.
((How big are these things, anyway?))

SPD [5] vs [1-1=0] vs [5-1=4]
CMP [6+2=8]
POT [4+2+1=7]

Estzu was first to move, his usual speed increased by adrenaline that is caused by pair of 3m tall trees expresing desire for your death. Using reserve powers he warped away entire heads off the two treants. Being plants, instead of dying treants began trashing around wildly, trying to find offending mage with their long arms.

"You're a very grumpy tree."
Pick a plum from the tree and eat it.

Try to push buttons on the glass cube to make it form a shovel.
Then cast three spells. If I have a decent shovel then create summoning essences, otherwise summon a shovel.

LUCK [9]
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [2+1+1=4]
CMP [3]
POT [1+1+1-1=2]
CMP [5+1-2=4]
POT [2]

After sampling a plum which proved delicious, James dediccated his time to aquiring a ddigging implement. Glass contraption seems to comply for once, as a bit of tinkering later mage held an excelent shovel in his hands.

"Oh it's Hlamodysa! What amazing find! Eating it grants water breathing, and to boot it is very rare, making it very valuable. Man, you are rich now!"

((So eating half of the fruit grants water breathing for half hour?))
"Great. I'll make the path for us now."

Ice path! Add an essence (+POT) and two (+CMP) for solidness.
If successful - go and carefully pick the fruit.

CMP [2+1+2=5]
POT [4+1+1=6]

By Kahels command, water between him and whirpool freezes into huge chunks of ice.The chunks are large enough for a man to stand on without sinking, yet they are somewhat less reliable than a monolithic ice bridge. Nevertheless, they remain in place after a few hard test kicks, allowing Kahel to safely collect four Hlamodysa fruits.

Now for something different, try to apply the mobile (-2) modifier to the force spear I have.
Two more aether essences. And see if I can have the abomination make an essence.

CMP [5+1-2=4]
POT [1+1=2]

POT [6+1=7]
CMP [3+=4]
POT [5]
CMP [4]

CMP [4]
POT [3]

Duo of mages continued their experiements. Crimson atempted to enchance his spear further by giving it ability to move by magical means. While he conjured the spell corectly, mage underestimated power required for such spell and spear barely moved. Jase meanwhile, atempted and suceeded to force the abomination to do something. On command, hideous creature forged it's magical power into a solid reserve form, creating a psionic essense.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 49 Upcoming Storm
« Reply #758 on: January 01, 2015, 06:09:13 pm »

((excuse me gm, but who is the guy that is on the same tile as me???))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 01, 2015, 06:21:32 pm »

(Thats a severely afk player who has pestilence and metal affinities. In case of conflict it will fight back.)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 01, 2015, 06:24:22 pm »

"*sigh*. People these days. No sense of manners."
Etszu Warps warps them together, into a limbless blob. 2 essence.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 01, 2015, 06:24:58 pm »

((which was the turn when it arrived at the tile my character is currently at?))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 01, 2015, 06:28:11 pm »

(Turn 29)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 01, 2015, 09:48:32 pm »

Bury David.

craft three healing essences.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:13:09 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 01, 2015, 09:57:15 pm »

"Now, time to run at least a semi-detailed analysis on the warp of this area. Now first to see the major powers of the area......."

Do the above. First the warp 'gods' that have the highest influence in the area, also including the major 4 'gods' of the warp. Then what else my character can get from this warp without going mad or being possessed by daemons or anything like the above 2. 
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 506