Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181101 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 263 Escaped or destroyed?
« Reply #7500 on: August 17, 2017, 02:53:10 pm »

Loot corpse, send bladecubes at Redrum

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: August 18, 2017, 06:41:30 am »

Final push into leaving the doomed world. As much essences and Insights as needed. Also Weaker Blood Power.

((Leaving behind parts of mortal shell seems quite fitting to me. I really want to see if this self-banishing succeeds.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: August 18, 2017, 07:48:09 am »

Begin ritual to Teleport to grass blades in my own world. +5/+5 in essences (if as a ritual this is still basically suicide, 3 essences instead)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:55:42 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: August 18, 2017, 09:02:45 am »

Three essences. Attempt to sense any invisible forces in the area.

((Never mind then.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:44:05 pm by Rautherdir »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: August 19, 2017, 06:37:36 pm »

I began writing update despite some people not writing an action but... Well I suppose it's my fault for not looking at these things earlier.

It would really help your chances if you figured some method of sensing the hostiles that was related to your afinity or your current skills. As it is now, that action does nothing.

Teleport to grass blades in my own world. +5/+5 in essences
This, on the other hand, is practically suicide. It will either not carry you the whole distance to your home or not carry all of you to your home. You get either spaced or gibbed.

Fuck it. I'll just do the update tomorrow and shift to Sunday/Thursday updates.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: August 20, 2017, 05:50:20 pm »

((Sorry for being slow - on vacation atm))
If the werewolf-demon is still around, stab it repeatedly while converting parts of it to glass. Otherwise, try to cut James free.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: August 20, 2017, 08:17:13 pm »

Turn 264

Loot corpse, send bladecubes at Redrum

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac swiftly nicked the wizardly hat, the stylish cloak and cool shades off the corpse of Nihilum. Then he pushed the glasses up away from his eyes because all the ghosts were distracting. It was time for the next target, and the closest target happened to be necromancer Redrum, chilling on his bone hydra. The cubes flew in a beautiful arc through the air and impacted Redrum straight in the skull, knocking him off his mount. Then a bunch of skeletons walked out of the tower, some of them on fire. They all turned towards Cuberac and began running towards him. The situation seemed somewhat familiar.

Use a weak dragon shout to clear foam from my mouth if I can't speak effectively enough to cast a spell.

Summon containment foam solvent above me. As many essences as I can muster + lesser blood magic. Get free, consume as many healing items as I need, get the seeds, go through the portal. We're running out of time.

Final push into leaving the doomed world. As much essences and Insights as needed. Also Weaker Blood Power.

((Leaving behind parts of mortal shell seems quite fitting to me. I really want to see if this self-banishing succeeds.))
Begin ritual to Teleport to grass blades in my own world. +5/+5 in essences (if as a ritual this is still basically suicide, 3 essences instead)

((Never mind then.))
((Sorry for being slow - on vacation atm))
If the werewolf-demon is still around, stab it repeatedly while converting parts of it to glass. Otherwise, try to cut James free.

The scroll that tried to trip up Seva moved to an easier target; James. It couldn't get through the foam so it wrapped around the pile which contained James and began unfurling. As it unrolled, trees began growing from its surface, piercing through the foam and towards James. Strange things were also happening around Skeliborn. He suddenly got up and attempted to tackle Ao. The strange mage was already too far away from this realm for this to actually do anything but this didn't stop Skeliborn from trying repeatedly. Meanwhile, the baguette that Skeliborn had with him spun lazily in the air and slowly poked the shadow wolf demon. The bronze cube changed targets and attempted to bash Sharrin, but the wold swiftly dodged out of the way. A ball of fire appeared, blocking off the way to the portal.

Gambler wished to be done with this bullshit. His stiletto proved to be quite effective at removing anything it struck, and now it would remove the shadow demon. It flew through the air and struck the shadow demon which didn't even bother to dodge. The reason for this and quite a few other things became immediately clear as the shadow demon disintegrated, revealing Skeliborn with extremely pained expression. Almost immediately, his veins began glowing bright red, some even popping open and spraying blood everywhere. The blood burned grass where it landed.

The other mages were either preoccupied or had given up on the portal and doing their own thing. Ao continued with his spell of banishment, and faded from reality completely. None would know where he went except for the man himself. It was business as usual as far as anyone who had met him more than once were concerned. Sharrin, meanwhile, was dodging the bronze cube and gathering magic to blast something, possibly the cube. James, finally no longer a prisoner of his own mind, began the work to free his body. He called forth a dissolving solution to the foam which worked instantly, removing the annoying substance and revealing several branches that were now pinning James down. The healer was not about to stop just for this and broke through, even as the magic took it's toll and sliced again through all his wounds, deepening them. Once free, James quickly convinced his guts to stay inside and downed healing potions until his body no longer hurt. He was free, he was uninjured, he had the seeds. But the portal was blocked by a ball of fire and Grundar was still dealing with the murderous sword.

Then an eerie feeling came over everyone near the portal. It was time. The gods had set their gaze on this patch of land.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 264 Time to leave
« Reply #7507 on: August 20, 2017, 09:04:56 pm »

((DG, I must ask now, does the destruction of this world count as an attack by the gods. It is extremely important because if so, any god who did so would risk oblivion by my armor))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: August 20, 2017, 09:20:40 pm »

((DG, I must ask now, does the destruction of this world count as an attack by the gods. It is extremely important because if so, any god who did so would risk oblivion by my armor))
It does, but for the armor to work you'd need to be hit which would instantly oblivion you. Also, the attack would grievously injure the attacking god,  but wouldn't kil it.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: August 20, 2017, 11:10:26 pm »

Eheheheheheh... I see that the shadow hand used the old "make someone else look like they're me and make myself look like them" trick. I taught him that, you know.

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy your oblivion- I know I will, seeing as I'll be rising from your ashes.

Mweheheheheheheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeh... Mwohohohoohohoohohohohooooooo... MWAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAAAAAAA!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: August 21, 2017, 12:35:31 am »

It really was a pleasure to play. I'm very interested in how it all ends, but for Ao the Enlightened, it is fitting to leave after getting a deeper understanding of himself and the world here. The Tower gave him almost too much... And he was rather bad at returning the favor. Oh well.

Honorable mentions go to Whaz the Gloomy (whom, if I understood kills right, is still leading with five) and Kahel the Changer (who led a rather ambitions life filled with mediocrity). Also James, Jase and other mages I worked alongside with or fought against. As said, it was a pleasure.

P.S. A bit sad I did not get to raise a perfect minion, though both Mezala and Xaz had good potential.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: August 21, 2017, 02:45:55 pm »

Blink to Redrum and go for his throat.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: August 22, 2017, 09:19:47 pm »

It does, but for the armor to work you'd need to be hit which would instantly oblivion you. Also, the attack would grievously injure the attacking god,  but wouldn't kil it.
I have a message to the one destroying this world. Cease and Desist or You Shall Be Eliminated. Right now We have what amounts to a World Class Dakka-Cannon Aimed at You. If you know anything, you should know that these things have incredible homing abilities and even the base model has the ability to critically injure major deities. And the thing is, even if you aren't destroyed by that then you will be weakened enough that another Deity will pick you off.

I would further request to talk to you in person to further negotiate

I go through the portal. Also I roll to intimidate a god. In terms of carrying out the threat, I believe that when I made my bargain with Hepheastus that I specifically agreed to help Hepheastus gain more influence and power. Should I be destroyed by the new god, he/she will be injured to the point that Hepheastus should easily be able to finish him/her off and take his/her power. (If I need to invoke Hepheastus for this, I will but this should be automatic because it is most definitely in Hepheastus's interest to get stronger.)

I also demand to negotiate directly with the deity. (Also exit through the portal if I can find it.)

((Don't forget my +1 ring of luck for everything really))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 06:30:32 am by star2wars3 »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: August 23, 2017, 12:14:02 pm »

I have a message to the one destroying this world. Cease and Desist or You Shall Be Eliminated. Right now We have what amounts to a World Class Dakka-Cannon Aimed at You. If you know anything, you should know that these things have incredible homing abilities and even the base model has the ability to critically injure major deities. And the thing is, even if you aren't destroyed by that then you will be weakened enough that another Deity will pick you off.

I would further request to talk to you in person to further negotiate

I roll to intimidate a god. In terms of carrying out the threat, I believe that when I made my bargain with Hepheastus that I specifically agreed to help Hepheastus gain more influence and power. Should I be destroyed by the new god, he/she will be injured to the point that Hepheastus should easily be able to finish him/her off and take his/her power. (If I need to invoke Hepheastus for this, I will but this should be automatic because it is most definitely in Hepheastus's interest to get stronger.)

I also demand to negotiate directly with the deity. (Also exit through the portal if I can find it.)

((Don't forget my +1 ring of luck for everything really))
{This is a pretty fun plan marred by one fatal flaw: Young God's can't hear you. They can't see you, feel you or detect you in any other way, otherwise they would aim for you rather than blasting random dirt. And Hephaestus has no reason to relay the message because he benefits from you getting blasted and the god getting injured.}

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: August 23, 2017, 12:44:17 pm »

My omnicube has the enchantment that it requires a VS luck roll to damage or destroy. As far as I know this extends to attacks from gods. The portal has a chance of staying open even after this area is blasted out of existence.

"Now or never, get through the portal! I don't want to leave anyone behind!"

Shout the fireball out of the way and run through the portal. Help anyone who doesn't seem like they can move quickly on their own.

As a last resort if it doesn't seem like I'll make it then summon a jetpack (essences +lesser blood) and rocket through.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 506