Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183014 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 264 Time to leave
« Reply #7515 on: August 23, 2017, 02:57:07 pm »

((DG, I must ask now, does the destruction of this world count as an attack by the gods. It is extremely important because if so, any god who did so would risk oblivion by my armor))
It does, but for the armor to work you'd need to be hit which would instantly oblivion you. Also, the attack would grievously injure the attacking god,  but wouldn't kil it.
I have a message to the one destroying this world. Cease and Desist or You Shall Be Eliminated. Right now We have what amounts to a World Class Dakka-Cannon Aimed at You. If you know anything, you should know that these things have incredible homing abilities and even the base model has the ability to critically injure major deities. And the thing is, even if you aren't destroyed by that then you will be weakened enough that another Deity will pick you off.

I would further request to talk to you in person to further negotiate

I roll to intimidate a god. In terms of carrying out the threat, I believe that when I made my bargain with Hepheastus that I specifically agreed to help Hepheastus gain more influence and power. Should I be destroyed by the new god, he/she will be injured to the point that Hepheastus should easily be able to finish him/her off and take his/her power. (If I need to invoke Hepheastus for this, I will but this should be automatic because it is most definitely in Hepheastus's interest to get stronger.)

I also demand to negotiate directly with the deity. (Also exit through the portal if I can find it.)

((Don't forget my +1 ring of luck for everything really))
{This is a pretty fun plan marred by one fatal flaw: Young God's can't hear you. They can't see you, feel you or detect you in any other way, otherwise they would aim for you rather than blasting random dirt. And Hephaestus has no reason to relay the message because he benefits from you getting blasted and the god getting injured.}
((This is why mage skype was invented. The young deity was originally a contestant in this competetion as far as I'm aware so he/she should still be part of the network.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: August 23, 2017, 04:25:59 pm »

((DG specifically said when the Young Gods appeared that they had just found the Platypus and decided to destroy it to limit future competition. At no point was it stated that any of the Young Gods were part of this competition at any point.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: August 23, 2017, 07:38:53 pm »

Book it to the portal. Screw it, do or die time. Be ready to stab any and everything or one.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: August 24, 2017, 09:21:31 am »

((DG specifically said when the Young Gods appeared that they had just found the Platypus and decided to destroy it to limit future competition. At no point was it stated that any of the Young Gods were part of this competition at any point.))

Pretty much this.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: August 24, 2017, 04:57:12 pm »

Me:I should do that turn for RtM right about now.
Also Me:Do it tomorrow.
Me:Now, now, we already had a talk about being a lazy shit.
AM:But important people haven't sent a PM with action.
Me:Really, there's not much they can even do anymore.
AM:But.
AM:But only 4 people in thread have posted an action.
Me:...Well shit, I guess it's gonna be happening tomorrow.

Last chance, I'm not doing any delays for future turns after this one no matter how many haven't posted. There's like a week of summer left, it's about time for this to end as well.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: August 24, 2017, 06:27:04 pm »

((I haven't gotten my response to my secret action yet... I think.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: August 25, 2017, 07:40:50 am »

((I haven't gotten my response to my secret action yet... I think.))
{If you haven't got it then either my answer or your question were eaten by the system. Resend it.}

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: August 25, 2017, 06:40:47 pm »

Turn 265

Blink to Redrum and go for his throat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac cut through space and crossed the distance to enraged Redrum in but a moment. The surprise of Redrum was enough to counteract distance between the two being slightly greater than Cuberac intended and the dagger bit into flesh, leaving a bloody line across Redrum's throat. Blood began to spill freely, but it was not deep enough to destroy Redrum's ability to breathe, not enough to instantly kill him. Not having much of a plan after the first strike, Cuberac paused to swear and the pause was enough for the Hydra to grab him between its teeth. The teeth warped and burned and froze and melted against Cuberac's cloak, but the undead creature cared not, keeping the wizard solidly pinned.

My omnicube has the enchantment that it requires a VS luck roll to damage or destroy. As far as I know this extends to attacks from gods. The portal has a chance of staying open even after this area is blasted out of existence.

"Now or never, get through the portal! I don't want to leave anyone behind!"

Shout the fireball out of the way and run through the portal. Help anyone who doesn't seem like they can move quickly on their own.

As a last resort if it doesn't seem like I'll make it then summon a jetpack (essences +lesser blood) and rocket through.

Book it to the portal. Screw it, do or die time. Be ready to stab any and everything or one.
((DG, I must ask now, does the destruction of this world count as an attack by the gods. It is extremely important because if so, any god who did so would risk oblivion by my armor))
It does, but for the armor to work you'd need to be hit which would instantly oblivion you. Also, the attack would grievously injure the attacking god,  but wouldn't kil it.
I have a message to the one destroying this world. Cease and Desist or You Shall Be Eliminated. Right now We have what amounts to a World Class Dakka-Cannon Aimed at You. If you know anything, you should know that these things have incredible homing abilities and even the base model has the ability to critically injure major deities. And the thing is, even if you aren't destroyed by that then you will be weakened enough that another Deity will pick you off.

I would further request to talk to you in person to further negotiate

I go through the portal.

((Don't forget my +1 ring of luck for everything really))

The time to run was now. Either to the portal or away from here, and portal was much closer. The mages rushed towards the portal, pausing for but a moment as a figure emerged from the flames. It was a man wearing a suit and white pants. On seemingly infinitely punchable face rested a red hairdo. Then the spell that allowed all mages on the island participate in the conference activated, but instead of a wizard there was an image of the same man that had emerged from the fireball. Then he began singing in a voice slightly deeper than the face suggested.

"Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you"

The song continued but Gambler snapped out of shock and rushed to the portal, stiletto in hand. The fireball and the figure disappeared, but the song and the spell of communication remained. Sharrin rushed through second and then James and Grundar carried Skeliborn through, who was still trying to boil violently. They emerged in a grasland blisfully free of any foreboding feeling, next to a ddirt road leading to somewhere. Seva was also there, surounded by a fresh lock of tiny birds. Some of them were resting on his larger birds. Sharrin and Gambler were also there. "Nice to see you James. I was worried the portal had tossed me fifty miles away from the entrance, but it seems that it just isn't two ways for some reason. Which is why I didn't go back to say that it's all clear on this side."

And with that the portal was left alone in the grassland.

Moments later, another mage appeared right next to the elephant that was currently dancing to the song. Ilium the illusionist was having the time of his life and he had one more trick to play yet. He pulled out a book that was shaped like a bottle, or perhaps a bottle shaped like a book, uncorked the bottle and opened the book. There was an explosion of wine, an endless deluge that washed over the land and pooled in lake sized puddles. Then the wine began rising up into alcohol elementals, each lasting just for a moment before falling back into inert wine. The pools rippled, and something, or perhaps someone, floated up to the surface. Then the light fell and Ilium saw no more.

Ilium woke up to the sound of laughter. Two disheveled looking clowns were having trouble staying upright as both were shaking with laughter. Still, they managed to get ahold of themselves soon enough. "Welcome to the realm of Manipulator, Illusionist" said one. "The plane of humor in the realm to be more precise. I'm Muni and he's Buni, we're lesser angels" the other elaborated. "Lesser angels of lower humor!" This seemed to crack the two up again. After laughter subsided, Muni began speaking again. "Don't worry, you attracted attention of someone higher up the ladder, we're just messengers. But before we go, I think you'll want to see this." Buni had from somewhere procured a bright orange bucket filled with water which he nearly shoved in Ilium's face. As ripples subsided, reflection of Ilium's face on the surface was replaced by a reflection of the place he had just left. There was an extremely sick and disheveled looking man, floating half naked in the wine, seemingly trying his hardest to stay asleep. Then the light crashed, washing away the wine and the land underneath and even the Portal to a safe plane. The man remained, his sunken eyes now opened and visibly bloodshot.

"That's the Oh God of Hangovers right there" Buni helpfully supplied. "He hates existing, so he had Dionysius seal him in a bottle of endless wine. Can't be hungover while drunk or something like that. It worked out, but now..." Buni smiled viciously. "He's awake, he's out of booze and someone is causing a god damned racket!" Muni shouted, throwing his hands up in the air. In the vision, the Oh God had procured a lead pipe from somewhere and was steadily rising upwards. The vision suddenly ended as Buni tipped the bucket over, drenching Ilium with cold water. "Not really sorry, the lesser angels of low humor was not entirely a joke. But let's go see who wants you so bad to send us out."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 265 The big Joke
« Reply #7523 on: August 25, 2017, 08:15:51 pm »

((I don't suppose I could save anyone who's still left in the other world by any chance. This would be on the basis that time space in this world doesn't necessarily work the same way as on the dying world and that a portal could be made from this world to any point in space-time within the other world in order to save those who remain.))

((In any event, thank you for running this game and as thanks let me play one last thing to add just a bit more thematic flavor))
Seal (Destabilize?) The Portal Using Vortex Bane
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:27:37 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: August 25, 2017, 10:03:39 pm »

Nice work, Illium. I hope my patron treats you well. I'll see if I can put in a good word for you.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: August 25, 2017, 10:47:48 pm »

Before Skeliborn can use his sword on the portal, James turns the omnicube back into a cube and pulls it out. Then Skeli can attack the portal if it's still there.

James also fully heals any lingering injuries anyone has.

"We made it. A few of us. What a sad waste of lives that tournament was."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: August 26, 2017, 01:46:22 pm »

Time to see if I can use this dagger to blink away while grappled. If not, try tearing this thing's lower jaw off.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: August 26, 2017, 04:38:50 pm »

Before Skeliborn can use his sword on the portal, James turns the omnicube back into a cube and pulls it out. Then Skeli can attack the portal if it's still there.

James also fully heals any lingering injuries anyone has.

"We made it. A few of us. What a sad waste of lives that tournament was."
Oh, don't worry, they won't be wasted...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: August 27, 2017, 03:14:28 pm »

((Well, the gig’s finally up. My secret affinity was ‘Illusions’. Practically everything James and his crew struggled to defeat in the last couple of turns, from Rick Astley to the black flames which engulfed the portal at the start of all this, was nothing but a bunch of insubstantial figments. The only truly harmful things present were Ilium’s own psychic attacks, and the Molotov cocktails, flashbangs and telekinetically-controlled weapons thrown through the fake portal in the sky, where Ilium spent most of the battle levitating safely out of reach, masked by permanent invisibility. (Note that, owing to the latter trait, most of Ilium’s interactions with other characters throughout the course of the game were actually carried out through an animate illusion of himself). The shadow demon, ghost illithid, Skeliborn doppelgänger, Dalí-inspired elephant, morphing blood, fireballs and Ilium's own corpse were elaborate illusions prepared several turns in advance for such an occasion.

Character-wise, Ilium was meant to be an opportunistic rogue who enjoyed practical jokes and liked to mess with people. He was not a follower of the Manipulator, nor was he a true ally of Unghe. He actually precipitated Unghe's death by purposefully framing him after the harmless portal stunt, unaware of the fact that Unghe really had tampered with the portal spell. (Sorry ATHATH; I needed a scapegoat to shake up the endgame, and your character was quite evidently a superb choice).

P.S. Having embraced death, I may now admit to being responsible for any baguette-related curses in this game.))

"Well then gentlemen, take me to your boss."

Go with these glorious heralds, onward to a fate unknown.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: August 27, 2017, 03:32:36 pm »

((Knew it.))

((Well not that it was you, but that someone had to be there doing that.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 03:38:56 pm by Rautherdir »
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 506