Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182974 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 265 The big Joke
« Reply #7530 on: August 27, 2017, 03:49:17 pm »

((I got a 10! I got a 10! My master plan actually worked, for the first time ever!))

PM action. Mwahahaha.

precipitated
((Everybody does this.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: August 27, 2017, 08:17:57 pm »

Can someone summarize the game for me? Reading that many pages would be a bit much, but it looks like it was fun. =P
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: August 27, 2017, 08:27:52 pm »

Can someone summarize the game for me? Reading that many pages would be a bit much, but it looks like it was fun. =P

((It's a bit much to summarize, given that there were 250+ turns and numerous tangentially-related events. I'm sure a lot of the people here (myself included) would be happy to talk about what their own characters did, but the whole thing is likely too long and convoluted to do it justice in a concise paragraph.))

---------------------------

((On that note, I'm planning to share Viznor's numerous PM adventures after the game ends, possibly with commentary. I still have most or all of the original turns in my PM box, plus some assorted notes and plans made throughout the game.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: August 27, 2017, 08:30:20 pm »

"Agreed. Been nice working with y'all."
If there are any threats, have the stiletto stab them. To death. Give Skelliborn my ring in an attempt to help stop the ... boiling. Once he's better, take it back.
If this is the real end, set off in search of new horizons.

((It's super long, but I'll give it a shot. In a minute - it'll take me a while. EDIT: actually, this seems to be a project for another day. Something came up and I can't work on it right now.))

((On that note, I'm planning to share Viznor's numerous PM adventures after the game ends, possibly with commentary. I still have most or all of the original turns in my PM box, plus some assorted notes and plans made throughout the game.))
((Ooo, please do.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 09:16:31 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: August 27, 2017, 09:12:50 pm »

((Well at least I survived.))

Final? Action: Aid Gambler in his search for new horizons.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: August 27, 2017, 11:46:56 pm »

((It's a bit much to summarize, given that there were 250+ turns and numerous tangentially-related events. I'm sure a lot of the people here (myself included) would be happy to talk about what their own characters did, but the whole thing is likely too long and convoluted to do it justice in a concise paragraph.))

---------------------------

Heck, even I don't remember half the stuff I did. I've got 50+ pages of received pms, and a few about Roll to Magic are on the very first page. I'd wager that over two-thirds of them (my pms) are/were RtM-related.

I suppose that's to be expected when you've been a part of a game for three friggin' years. It's been a heck of a ride, though, and I hope that DG goes on to do even better things.

And for the record, yeah, I can probably add my pms to the archive-thingy. Don't expect me to sort them or order them, though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:53:43 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: August 27, 2017, 11:54:55 pm »

I tried to do a detailed summary once, but was quickly defeated by both sheer number of events and lack of personal free time. Also, using color codes for mage names to hint consistency was weird choice, as it looked... rainbowish.

Found it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note that some neat events are missing from here, as pointed out by Beirus. So long ago...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:59:33 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: August 28, 2017, 08:35:58 am »

3 years?!?!!
Uhh, nevermind.
Maybe someone will just write a book about it...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: August 28, 2017, 08:44:54 am »

((There is that idea, though it may be a bit difficult, considering how fragmented things are and how many secrets there are...))

((And once this is said and done, I wouldn't mind contributing my PMs to the archive. Excepting anything that may come to play in a hypothetical epilogue.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: August 28, 2017, 05:25:09 pm »

I'mma just read the whole thing. 0.5% done so far.
Edit: just made it to turn 100
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:24:24 pm by johiah »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: August 28, 2017, 06:44:39 pm »

((There is that idea, though it may be a bit difficult, considering how fragmented things are and how many secrets there are...))

((And once this is said and done, I wouldn't mind contributing my PMs to the archive. Excepting anything that may come to play in a hypothetical epilogue.))
Y'know, I was just about to come here to say something to that effect (that we should turn this game into a book).

Maybe we can just directly transpose it, having "on a forum" as the book's (semi-)unique style or something.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: August 28, 2017, 08:02:29 pm »

I really don't think the game had enough coherent plot for a book. Also, it would come off as trying to surpass George R.R. Martin in kill count.

On more relevant news, I found Dead Space/Worm quest by UnwelcomeStorm and spent three hours reading it. Update will come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: August 28, 2017, 08:04:00 pm »

Isn't the game still ongoing, but in multiple separate dimensions?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: August 28, 2017, 08:04:55 pm »

((Maybe if you follow a single character, preferably James, as the most public Triad member...))

((For the moment, but I'm fairly sure it's going to conclude soon.))
Generic Arms Race.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: August 29, 2017, 02:51:27 am »

Game is centered around Tournament. As mages start leaving dying world in separate dimesions, Tournament (and with it, the game), comes to anend.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 506