Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163890 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 265 The big Joke
« Reply #7545 on: August 29, 2017, 05:17:33 pm »

((Maybe if you follow a single character, preferably James, as the most public Triad member...))
I think that it could be divided up into the perspectives of the key players (NAV, ATHATH, Beirus, Whisperling, etc.), so that we can see how the game was seen from many different points of view.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: August 29, 2017, 07:10:25 pm »

Update will come tomorrow.

This post? No longer true. Due to personal reasons I am both mad and sad, the updates will be moving to irregular basis but I am still going to finish this up.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: August 29, 2017, 10:33:04 pm »

((Maybe if you follow a single character, preferably James, as the most public Triad member...))
I think that it could be divided up into the perspectives of the key players (NAV, ATHATH, Beirus, Whisperling, etc.), so that we can see how the game was seen from many different points of view.
((So basically the Triad, Waz, TOAM, Team Tower, and F.E.C.E.S.

Summarized even more propably could be done with just James.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: August 30, 2017, 04:27:12 am »

((So basically the Triad, Waz, TOAM, Team Tower, and F.E.C.E.S.

Summarized even more propably could be done with just James.))
((I'm cool with fleshing Whaz out a bit more, as he played a key role both at game start and in introducing actual murder spree into rather slow-paced and peaceful early play.
I'm not able to portrait others well, though. And I do not think either Kahel or Ao deserve their own entries - they may be good if introducing different POV, but not for much more.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7549 on: September 07, 2017, 11:33:05 am »

Turn 266

Time to see if I can use this dagger to blink away while grappled. If not, try tearing this thing's lower jaw off.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Another kill foiled by divine interference. But Cuberac didn't have time for such thoughts, he had to escape and he had to do it right now. Dagger cut through space and Cuberac moved forward... but some bits of him seemed to want to stay with the hydra. The cloak he had looted stayed entirely, and the hat was lost somewhere halfway, but some other, more fleshy parts of him were somewhat more indecisive. In parts where the hydra's teeth had gripped him Cuberac's skin was removed entirely, with some minor muscle tearing at the center. But he was outside of the blast radius that claimed the undead army.

"Well then gentlemen, take me to your boss."

Go with these glorious heralds, onward to a fate unknown.

As Ilium moved forward with the lesser angels, things began growing grim. Corridor walls began shifting in strange colors punctuated by flashes of light. Echoing laughter came from nowhere and everywhere, growing louder and more twisted with each step. Soon, the path ended revealing a massive figure watching what seemed to be an theatrical performance. It too was dressed like a clown, but not a friendly circus one but a menacing theatrical one and all of it's apparel was impeccable. It wore a porcelain mask that was shaped in a menacing grin. "Greetings, wizard. You will know me as the Laughing God. I shall be brief. Everything is going sideways and your talents might help it fall slightly straighter. You shall serve for the rest of your life, and afterwards, well, we'll see how well you do." It had a booming voice, eerily reminiscent of the echoing laughter. "Ah, but worry not. You have been quite amusing so it won't be as bad as you fear. Where I'll send you, nobody knows the kind of magic you do. You shall be free to mess with people, it will be your job even. Push the fools into nice angry piles. For now, sit here and have a look at the scene. You will be working with them after all!

"Agreed. Been nice working with y'all."
If there are any threats, have the stiletto stab them. To death. Give Skelliborn my ring in an attempt to help stop the ... boiling. Once he's better, take it back.
If this is the real end, set off in search of new horizons.

((Well at least I survived.))

Final? Action: Aid Gambler in his search for new horizons.
Before Skeliborn can use his sword on the portal, James turns the omnicube back into a cube and pulls it out. Then Skeli can attack the portal if it's still there.

James also fully heals any lingering injuries anyone has.

"We made it. A few of us. What a sad waste of lives that tournament was."
Seal (Destabilize?) The Portal Using Vortex Bane

Gambler moved his healing ring on Skeliborn to stabilize him while James began actually healing him. It took some effort, but Skeliborn recovered well enough, unbearable pain being a common occurrence to wizards meant that mental damage was minimal. The blood curse would leave him more vulnerable than what he was when he entered, but there were ways around that. Once he recovered, Skeliborn and James began looking for the portal exit but found nothing. It seemed to truly be a one way thing, possibly due to magic dictating the rules of the tournament. Once out you were out forever.

The mages split up afterwards. James returned to healing people, wandering the land wherever his call would take him. His powers to heal were augmented greatly by his newfound ability to call objects to him. No he was able to deal with causes of harm as well as harm itself. In time, he would be declared a holy figure, a saint that pushed away injury and raised the destitute, always having just the right thing that was needed to help. Many religious missionaries followed his trail, wishing to meet the legend, although none succeeded and he passed knowing of neither his sainthood nor his fame.

Skeliborn still had tasks that were undone, debts that were owed to the God of Crafting. He would spend his life building wealth and favors to launch an expedition to recover the items that the God had tasked him with recovering. But only two of three could be found, the third piece was destroyed and Skeliborn disappeared alone, carrying only his blades and the two pieces of the unknown construct. None heard of him again, but adventurers soon reported a mountain of blades appearing in the dessert. Within the mountain was a blade of teal glass and gold with a head sized ball of ruby in the center. It was said that it was the result of Skeliborn building the third part and this was the new form of the God-Machine. The God remained, silent and over time, the story of the mage of blades was forgotten.

Gambler and Sharrin went towards the horizon. A mage without magic and a wolf with sorcery. The two became fairly famous, for the short days they'd spend in civilization before venturing out towards the unknown again. Maps made by them were among the rarest and most expensive objects an adventurer could acquire, detailing places that were lost to the knowledge of mankind, or even never known in the first place. Kingdoms rose from exploiting the information that they brought in, with a hundred legends for each of their travels. Some were even true.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 266 Four wanderers
« Reply #7550 on: September 07, 2017, 11:35:17 am »

The idea was to post this after finishing PM's behind the scenes happenings and just generally syncing up the two playstyles, but people are not answering. Therefore, update.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: September 07, 2017, 01:27:46 pm »

Start a ritual using my organic bladecubes and, if possible, my blink dagger.
Goal: Move away from here. Use +5/+5 in +1/+1 essences.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: September 07, 2017, 06:48:14 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

Totally a PM action.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: September 09, 2017, 08:19:21 am »

((It just dawned on me how ironic it was that as a blade mage I was basically attempting a pacifist run))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: September 14, 2017, 11:50:40 pm »

Bump.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:40:13 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7555 on: September 20, 2017, 02:19:50 pm »

Thank you for running this game DreamerGhost, and thank you for giving it a good ending. It was the only game I've experienced that started as a simple arena deathmatch but ended up as so much more.

What happened to Grundar and what happened to the tree?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: September 21, 2017, 05:42:57 pm »

Turn 267

Start a ritual using my organic bladecubes and, if possible, my blink dagger.
Goal: Move away from here. Use +5/+5 in +1/+1 essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There many fates that are considered worse than death. Like torture followed by death. Or death followed by torture in case you pissed off a necromancer. Or just torture followed by maiming. Or pineapple pizza for some reason. In truth, there are very few fates that are actually objectively worse than death, but just risking one is technically not quite as bad. Cuberac was a case study of this, as his plan of getting the hell out of here involved modifying Metaton's Cube spell to bounce him elsewhere instead of the usual stuff it did, which consisted of redistributing target's very being back into the base concepts.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

"...And here we have Estuans Spica, more commonly known as Ember Chestnut or Embertree. Now students, can anyone tell me why it is called so?"

"Cuz it goes all fiery in summer mister Lamboodle!"

Lamboodle looked Thomas over who was again answering without raising his hand. It could be worse. The entire class was at the edge of the forest, learning how to recognize trees. They could be scattering after falling leaves, getting lost in the forest.

"Correct. And does anyone know why they bloom fire?"

"A wizard did it"

Lamboodle nearly tossed his hat down in anger. He turned towards the forest where a troll was now standing next to the embertree. Yes, it had lived in the forest for fifty years and had learned to sneak but this was absurd. Kids were quiet today and still he didn't hear the green menace walking.

"Damn it Grundar, you can't just wave the matter away! You can't just say "it just does it" and call it a day! I'm trying to teach here."

"Iz tru though. Was there when it was done."

Lamboodle opened his mouth to express just how unbelievable this was, but was overtaken by a chorus of squeaky "Really"'s from the class. This seemed like another lesson lost to storytelling. Fictitious storytelling, filled with lies and misinformation. What kind of healer would have the knowledge or desire to summon a troll? Who ever met a mage that could forge spells in seconds. At least this time the troll wasn't opening up a poacher to teach anatomy, if it could even be called such. Local druids cared not that the beast was using flames on the trees to cook lunch, but nobody was allowed to even touch the damn things. For "their own safety" his ass! Lamboodle sat down and leaned his back against the embertree. He punched the ground in frustration and jumped as sudden pain flared in his shoulder blades. There were tiny spikes on the tree where he was resting, but just as soon as he grabbed a notepad and a pencil to draw the new growth, it disappeared. There had to be an explanation. Some complex water powered pressure triggered underbark structure. He'd figure it out if only druids weren't preventing him from taking samples. Blasted troll friendly science obstructers.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:50:05 pm by DreamerGhost »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 267 Three surviving groups
« Reply #7557 on: September 21, 2017, 06:42:10 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

PM action.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: September 21, 2017, 08:25:42 pm »

Entropy's embrace approaches. Leave or make your peace now, for every tile in this amusing little world is now under the disapproving gaze of the New Gods.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: September 22, 2017, 12:30:18 pm »

Add 5 +1/+1 essences, use a lesser and a greater blood power, and resolve the ritual.
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506