Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163786 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: The end
« Reply #7560 on: September 27, 2017, 02:34:35 pm »

Turn 268

Add 5 +1/+1 essences, use a lesser and a greater blood power, and resolve the ritual.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac felt that his time was running out. The spell was not quite as powerful as he would have liked, but it seemed more survivable than what was about to happen. He released the spell and vanished. Soon, the ground on which he used to be vanished, along with the remains of the island. The spell lifted him through the planes, forcing him to shed essence, until he was pulled back by the spell, gathering what he lost as he went. Suddenly, Cuberac had a body again, as well as his loot from the Island. He still had a body, and he was pretty sure it looked as it should, meaning that nothing was lost during the trip, or that a whole lot was missing. Unfortunatelly, he now had no idea where he was, but as no immediate danger presented itself, it was probably safe to explore.

Spoiler: Cuberac's new style (click to show/hide)

Somewhere else, Doktor's senses warned him about an intruder onboard.

All ground is gone, only Void remains.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 04:20:47 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line
« Reply #7561 on: September 27, 2017, 03:57:48 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Unacceptable."

PM action.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: September 28, 2017, 03:03:55 pm »

PMs happen here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: September 28, 2017, 09:09:04 pm »

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: November 07, 2017, 03:26:17 am »

So, it's been a week. Have you all been enjoying your epilogues?

Because I most certainly am enjoying mine.

https://youtu.be/ocYgD2CrG28

What, you thought that I was just sitting around doing nothing all of this time, that I would accept being cast aside like so much trash ("Oh look, ATHATH's at it again, isn't that adorable?")? Ohohohohoho no. I've been very busy planning and performing the events and actions that have led up to this post.

I suppose that I should tell you what I've been up to. Very well; after dying, I tried to bend the mimic matter of the plane of mimics to my will.

DG's response was probably the best thing to ever happen to me in this game.

Naturally, I then used my phenomenal willpower and determination to destroy my killers and everything they hold dear to seize control of the dream mimic.

I'm sure that you've begun to connect the dots by now.

I then formed some nearby mimic matter into a portal to a place near the Tower's location (many thanks to my mole for telling me where it went), cast an inversion enchantment to make incredibly obvious changes/absences difficult to notice, and put each of the members of Team Tower under the effects of my dream-ability (this involved some incredible rolls on my end; I had to get some friends of mine to check to see if I was still under the dream-mimic's spell/illusion).

Helping matters was a different enchantment that I had cast earlier. See, while I was dead, I realized how incredibly overpowered my Inversion affinity was. After some questioning to DG, I found out that it wasn't limited to only physical and magical effects/objects- I could invert narrative tropes as well. Needless to say, having the inverted equivalent of the "good always triumphs over evil" trope (is that the proper term for it?) was very helpful to me.

So, in case you haven't caught on yet, your epilogues were all dreams. But don't worry, they weren't completely pointless!

I analyzed them to find out who and what your characters cared about the most... so that I could destroy them in incredibly painful and horrifying fashions while in your forms.

Would you like to see my handiwork?

Shatter the dream-illusion, so that Team Tower will be abruptly ripped out of their happy endings and shown the grim truth of reality (just like what they have done to me oh so many times): the Collection.

You all awaken (if you choose to do so, although I don't see why you wouldn't) to see the Collection: A bloody room filled with hundreds (not an exaggeration) of heads on (s)pikes. You recognize some of them as family members, beloved pets, friends that you knew in mage-college, and so on. Presumably, the rest are the loved ones of the other members of Team Tower.

Don't bother to try to move or cast spells, by the way- you've all been bound in adamantine chains and drugged heavily by some drugs that I raided from the magical hospital that James's second-cousin on his mother's side worked at (hey, I was in the area anyway).

The Collection is what I've been spending the past week or so on. Most of your loved ones were un-noteworthy, but a few stood out:
*I simply must thank NAV/James- Grundar provided me entertainment for two or so in-game weeks before his spirit finally broke. Say, do you have any ideas for what to do with lacerated troll eyes? I've recently acquired a small pile of them, and I'm not quite sure what to do with them.
*Hephaestus was a challenge, but I eventually managed to get him to submit to my demands (let an emissary of mine kill you and bring your head back to me for my Collection, or else I'll keep murdering your priests).
*A couple of "universe-stability" squads have been trying to kill me recently; fortunately (for me), being able to transform into anything in existence and reflect spells back at their casters is pretty overpowered.

So, any last words before I crush your skulls like grapes and complete my revenge?

Oh, and Beirus?

Consider the grudge settled.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 03:32:47 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: November 07, 2017, 09:02:20 am »

If ATATH isn't joking, that may be one of the best evil monologues in history.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: November 07, 2017, 12:14:25 pm »

Due to the scarcity and ambiguity of GM quotes I will cast extreme doubt.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: November 07, 2017, 01:00:57 pm »

((I call bullshit. It's still adorable, though.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: November 07, 2017, 01:07:21 pm »

I'm quite a bit disappointed that since around second third of the game many juicy schemes and plots started to happen completely offscreen, without any hints on what is going on. It somewhat took out enjoyment in reading what others were doing to further their ambitions, catching small hints and taking wild guesses.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: November 07, 2017, 04:20:57 pm »

Can confirm all ATHATH quotes of me as true. After all that, ATHATH realized that things couldn't be working out this well for him, and discovered that he never won against the Dream Mimic. It was a double dream all along.

Also, Game is Legit Officially Over

As such, the stuff.
I have begun compiling a ruleset for Roll to Magic. Right now it is written as it would be used as a tabletop game. Have a look, leave a comment if you want something changed/added.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: November 07, 2017, 04:47:57 pm »

((Damn, knew I should have posted it could have been a dream in a dream. Now I can't say I called it.

Anyways, great job on finishing your first forum game, DG. It was really fun.

If Crimson and Whisperling are cool with it, I'll add our epilogue since it's a nice set up for the game I was considering running...or most likely trying to get someone else to run so I can play.))
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 04:50:44 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: November 07, 2017, 04:56:00 pm »

I don't have the time at the moment (and may not for a day or two), but I'm still planning on doing that PM reveal. If anyone else feels like joining in, I know that I'd definitely be interested in seeing all the assorted secrets.

In the meantime, I'd be happy to answer questions, if anyone has some, or simply discuss the game. As a knowledge mage and member of Team Tower, I think I got a pretty good view of some stuff going on behind the scenes.

Beirus, I might be interested in running that game. I'm in a position where doing so could definitely be overextending myself, but consider sending me the details, if you have anything pinned down.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: November 07, 2017, 06:12:34 pm »

Despite being a member of Team Tower, I've not actually been in the tower or even in the same dimension for a long time, starting from that 2nd Dragon Incident in Duck Island until before the endgame started.

Rather, I ended up in the Ice Realm where me and Beirus found the ice dragon early in the game. Had some interesting encounters there as well, most notably finding another mage tower whose undead owner I had to fight after a critical fail in my luck roll. Other than that, the place also had some dwarves / halflings (?) living in various locations in the ice realm who I got to interact with for a bit.

Reminds me that I never got to even learn what those treasures I found can do. DG, can I ask for details about those boots and that lute I have?

And to Beirus, I'm fine with our epilogue being posted here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: November 07, 2017, 06:37:53 pm »

Heh, I knew there was more for the minions to be discovered. DG, you should probably add shard-based minion improvement as well as possibility to change them via affinity (with things potentially going horrifically right or awesomely bad). You may also want to add rituals (in some form).

Also, what happened to my demonic minion after Duck Island? Has he survived transition and did he actually heard Kahel dissmissing him?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: November 07, 2017, 07:00:19 pm »

((I call bullshit. It's still adorable, though.))
Adorable?

ADORABLE?!

Is that all I am to you? After burning what lasts scraps of a moral code I had left for tiny boosts in power, after almost sacrificing a friendship, after suffering countless humiliations, and after spending two goddamn years trying to defeat you, this is what I am rewarded with as a response? "Aw, that's cute."?

Do you know how badly it hurts to have your hopes and dreams dashed before your very eyes when your masterfully-crafted plots that took you hours to make are effortlessly foiled? Do you know how badly it hurts to be subjected to that feeling dozens of times? Do you know how badly it hurts for the person who dashed most of them to not even care about what he has destroyed?

Because I do. And rest assured, you will learn how it feels, even if it takes me TWO MORE YEARS TO TEACH YOU!

tl;dr: Fuck you, Beirus. The grudge will remain in place.
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506