Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181292 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 49 Upcoming Storm
« Reply #765 on: January 02, 2015, 04:25:01 am »

"Great. Now, what shall we do? With those fruits we could try and go into whirlpool..."

Give Ishin two fruits and... craft two essences while waiting for him to finish.

((Can we move to the east to discover new lands, or you prefer to keep the map small?))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:53:15 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 02, 2015, 04:57:08 am »

(Go ahead and explore. I initialy thought to have this as an 10x10 island but there is no harm in adding on some more.)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 02, 2015, 05:23:37 am »

"Thanks. I think there is something at bottom of this whirlpool. Probably something worth of checking."

Gather Solidness from ground around us (while standing on ice bidge) and Solidify the whirlpool.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 02, 2015, 06:58:52 pm »

A sad and very minor success. Attempt to reapply the same modifier (-2) again into the force spear, if that's possible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 05, 2015, 11:50:18 pm »

((Heh, my storm got bigger. Also, does the abomination not get a +1 to competency?))

Two more aether essences. Have abomination make another essence too.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 10, 2015, 06:31:18 am »

Turn 50

LUCK [2]
STR [3+2=5]
END [2+1=3]
CMP [3+2+1=6]
POT [3+2+1=6]

Before Etszu could utter a word, one of the treants got a lucky hit in, a punch to the chest that lifted mage off his feet and threw him few meters away. Bone plate sufered the brunt of the damage, protecting fleshwarper, and Estzu launched his spell without wasting time to get up. Treants fused together into a blob with four arms and four legs, all perfectly functional, yet independant, as was aparent from how blob tried to run in two oposite directions at once.

Bury David.

craft three healing essences.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [6+1+1=8]
CMP [5]
POT [5+1+1-1=6]
CMP [1-1=0]
LUCK [4] {Power}
LUCK [9] {Usefulnes}

After giving his ex-coleague a proper burial, James continued his habbit of using out whatever spare time he had making essenses. Errors of the past were not enough to dissuade him, as another essense exploded in making. All around him, plants grew a meter in size, transforming field into a savana.

"Now, time to run at least a semi-detailed analysis on the warp of this area. Now first to see the major powers of the area......."

Do the above. First the warp 'gods' that have the highest influence in the area, also including the major 4 'gods' of the warp. Then what else my character can get from this warp without going mad or being possessed by daemons or anything like the above 2. 

LUCK [3]

Romanticanus extended his enchanted senses towards the warp rift, seeking to identify powers beyond it. There was something there, something strange and yet familiar. There could be no doubt abaut it, such orderly hate towards all warp could only belong to the most hated and feared of those that were called chaos gods. Malal awaited beyond the rift, and to deal with Malal was to ask for death.

"Great. Now, what shall we do? With those fruits we could try and go into whirlpool..."

Give Ishin two fruits and... craft two essences while waiting for him to finish.
"Thanks. I think there is something at bottom of this whirlpool. Probably something worth of checking."

Gather Solidness from ground around us (while standing on ice bidge) and Solidify the whirlpool.
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [1]
POT [3]

CMP [4]
POT [6-1=5]
LUCK [2]

For a moment, whirpool becomes solid and starts spinning on currents of water that caused it. Then it stops completely and waves start forming at its edges as something rises from underneath. Ring of teeth, each as large as a man and all frightfully sharp, apears around the whirpool.

A sad and very minor success. Attempt to reapply the same modifier (-2) again into the force spear, if that's possible.

Two more aether essences. Have abomination make another essence too.

CMP [6+1-2]
POT [2+1=3]

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [4]
POT [4]

CMP [5]
POT [6+1=7]

Crimson was trying hard and failing to not to think abaut various inapropriate jokes. His spear was still floping abaut on the ground, but now he could bend it with his will. Meanwhile Jase continued meditating and training his abomination.
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:21:55 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 50 Regrets
« Reply #771 on: January 10, 2015, 06:47:52 am »

"This... I certainly didn't expect this... What?"

Switch Solid aspect between water and the... whatever the teeth belong to. +1 POT and +1 COM.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:14:08 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 10, 2015, 08:01:03 am »

*sigh*... Maybe meditating first would help.

Create a single force essence then meditate to clear my mind.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:02:47 pm by Crimson »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 10, 2015, 12:11:06 pm »

"Goodbye David."

Make Grundar get that box by the lakeshore, and put it in the treehouse. Use it to store my less valuble possessions, to prevent my inventory from becoming cluttered.
Spoiler: Inventory management (click to show/hide)

Then try to summon an enchanted weapon.
Then craft a summoning essence.

Try to find a new form for the morph weapon. Try to make that crossbow I saw David using.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:45:11 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 10, 2015, 12:15:00 pm »

"Ungh. Good to know both of you are still in there, at least. Now, don't run."
Let's get rid of those legs, shall we? 1 +1 pot essence, 1 +1 cmp essence.
If necessary, Etszu moves away from the vortex, while still watching the treants.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:25:01 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 10, 2015, 12:20:10 pm »

Let's get rid of those legs, shall we? 2 essence.
If necessary, Etszu moves away from the vortex, while still watching the treants.

(You realy should specify what kind of essenses you want to use. I used +1/+1 previous times, but you ran out of those.)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 10, 2015, 12:24:19 pm »

Let's get rid of those legs, shall we? 2 essence.

(You realy should specify what kind of essenses you want to use. I used +1/+1 previous times, but you ran out of those.)
((Aw, dang. had an old version of the sheet open. 1 sec.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 10, 2015, 12:27:17 pm »

((Two questions: What is the -2 in my roll for, and what about my second essence?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 10, 2015, 01:21:58 pm »

((Two questions: What is the -2 in my roll for, and what about my second essence?))

(I may have mixed up colors of you and Crimson. Fix'd)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 13, 2015, 04:06:33 am »

"Oh my..."

Prepare to freeze this...thing when it emerges. (Add CMP, POT and two (+1,+1) essenses
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 506