Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181749 times)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 50 Regrets
« Reply #780 on: January 13, 2015, 07:19:34 am »

......Just sit there and build up an hyper-concentration pattern known around many sorcerers in my usual sector of operations as 'essence'

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 13, 2015, 01:47:49 pm »

Two more essences!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 16, 2015, 04:54:29 pm »

Turn 51

Switch Solid aspect between water and the... whatever the teeth belong to. +1 POT and +1 COM.
"Oh my..."

Prepare to freeze this...thing when it emerges. (Add CMP, POT and two (+1,+1) essenses

CMP [2+1+1=4]
POT [3+1+1=5]
DEX [6+1=7]

CMP [6+2+1=9]
POT [4+2+1=7]
DEX [1]
END [2]

Both mages started panicing and slinging spels wildly as monstrocity rose from beneath the lake. As waves clashed with ice bridge, one of the waves turned solid while a monstrous tooth became soft like jelly. Kahel fared slightly better, or worse depending how one looked. Spell he unleashed froze several teeth to such a degree that temperature diferences made them scap and crumble, yet spell also chiled his fingers.

Jaw to which monstrous teeth belonged to finaly broke through water surface, revealing a throath filled with sharp teeth all the way down to what seemed bottom of the island. It unleashed a monstrous roar, posibly in pain from damaged teeth, and with it, from underwater rose numerous tentacles. Tentacles started flailing abaut searching for whomever was responsible for waking this being up. Ishin dodged the tentacles, but seemingly forgot low friction of ice and slid right off into the water. Kahel, distracted by suden disapearance of his friend, failed to notice incoming tentacle and was flung into the water with few broken ribs.

*sigh*... Maybe meditating first would help.

Create a single force essence then meditate to clear my mind.
Two more essences!

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [2+1=3]
LUCK [10]

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [2]
POT [1]

Jase continued focusing his powers, while Crimson chose to think on nature of his spells. He examined what was wrong, discarded what was unneccecery and wove in that which was lacking. He was certain now, failure was impossible.
{Auto success on next spell}

"Goodbye David."

Make Grundar get that box by the lakeshore, and put it in the treehouse. Use it to store my less valuble possessions, to prevent my inventory from becoming cluttered.
Spoiler: Inventory management (click to show/hide)

Then try to summon an enchanted weapon.
Then craft a summoning essence.

Try to find a new form for the morph weapon. Try to make that crossbow I saw David using.

CMP [3+1-2=2]
POT [5+1+1=7]
CMP [5]
POT [6]
LUCK [7]

Curents of unreality seem ironic today, though James as he pulled out a needle out of wsirling gate to outer planes. Needle had an enchantment on it as powerful as it was specific. Upon contact, it would erase an object from existence so throughtly that nobody would ever remember it existing in the first place. As long as that something was a dress, worn by a queen of bastard birth, exactly thirty two years of age, if she wore a jade haircomb at the time. Glass artifact experiement was greatly more sucessfull, familiar crosbow shape revealing itself after first button press.

"Ungh. Good to know both of you are still in there, at least. Now, don't run."
Let's get rid of those legs, shall we? 1 +1 pot essence, 1 +1 cmp essence.
If necessary, Etszu moves away from the vortex, while still watching the treants.

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [6+1+1=8]
END [3+1=4]

First thing Estzu noticed after he finished weaving the spell was that world sudenly started tilting. Next thing he noticed was how much his left leg hurt. Lastly, fleshwarper noticed that his left leg was missing. Mage fell on his side, barely retaining enough coherent thoughts through haze of pain for swearing.

......Just sit there and build up an hyper-concentration pattern known around many sorcerers in my usual sector of operations as 'essence'

LUCK [10]
CMP [5+1+4=10]
POT [2+1+4=7]

When Romanticanus began creating a focus for his powers, he noticed an interesting phenomena. Shreds and pieces of the warp sliped through the warp rift into the essense he was making, resulting in an exceptionaly powerfull creation. With sadness, chaos sorceror deduced that continuing to cast spells in the vicinity of gateway to immaterium may not prove as beneficial second time.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 51 This turn does not exist
« Reply #783 on: January 16, 2015, 05:43:04 pm »

Pocket the needle. Never know when I might need it.

Get in my mech and run over to help those two mages fighting the monster.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size?"

Cast a diagnosis spell on the monster, to find out what type of monster it is, and most importantly it's weak point.
Fire the mech's autoaiming laser cannon and autocannons at the monster's weakpoint. Shoot it even if I can't find a weakpoint.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:49:49 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 19, 2015, 01:15:52 pm »

Try to get closer to the icy road. Try swimming to the shore - ice may provide some protection for my already-damaged body.

((Whew. Finished my exams at last.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 19, 2015, 01:17:08 pm »

Two more essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 19, 2015, 01:36:14 pm »

Climb back into the ice bridge and run to beach. Calm down and make two essences while others unleash the big guns.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 19, 2015, 04:27:57 pm »

"FUCK THAT HUR-*ahem* That just won't do, will it. I rather need that leg."
Etszu warps a new leg from the stump of his old one.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 19, 2015, 05:42:34 pm »

Success is at hand! Apply animate master modifier into my force spear.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 19, 2015, 07:22:32 pm »

Run east

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 24, 2015, 08:29:36 pm »

Turn 52

Get in my mech and run over to help those two mages fighting the monster.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size?"

Cast a diagnosis spell on the monster, to find out what type of monster it is, and most importantly it's weak point.
Fire the mech's autoaiming laser cannon and autocannons at the monster's weakpoint. Shoot it even if I can't find a weakpoint.

SPD [(4)/2+1=3]
LUCK [5]
DEX [6]
DEX [4]

Seeing a lake sprout massive teeth and hundredths of tentacles would be a cause for concern in a dream. In a land of magic, one does not have luxury of waking up from such sights. James did not want to wait until something more emerged from underneath the lake and moved in with heavy guns of his mech. Atempt to modify a cantrip spell often used in diagnosing patients returned info that whatever it was, it felt pain of losing several teeth recently.

Armed with knowlege that whatever that is, it can feel pain, James fired all guns at the creature. Lazer cannon shatered Ice bridge and burnt several of the tentacles betwen mech and the mouth in the lake. Autocannons shot apart few more tentacles. All in all, over a third of tentacle mass obstructing shots to the mouth weere destroyed. Several pannels indicate that Core is at 80% power and regenerating at 5%, with 90% autocannon ammo remaining.

Try to get closer to the icy road. Try swimming to the shore - ice may provide some protection for my already-damaged body.

END [1]
LUCK [7]

Kahel could feel his lungs burning with pain as pieces of bone presed against them, but he kept swimming. Ice bridge was close and water was full of tentacles. To stay was to risk death. Just a little closer. Temperature mage was only an arms reach away from the bridge when bright ruby beam destroyed it. Shock and exhastion proved too much and Kahel passed out. Luckily, human bodies are light enough to float and beast was moving around enough to casue waves to gently push mage towards the shore.

Two more essences.
Success is at hand! Apply animate master modifier into my force spear.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [4]
POT [3]

CMP [Autosuccess]
POT [Autosuccess]

Jase continued meditating, while Crimson rose from his thoughts. So many ideas, so many truths revealed. But to act upon one was to discard all others, as they would prove disastrously distracting during casting. By his words, spear of force sprung upwards and started sailing gracefully through the air. At a simple command it changed to a glaive, then halberd, then naginata. A masterwork weapon by any standart.
{Gained Knowledge of Annimation. +1CMP when using Mobile/annimate enchantments.}

Climb back into the ice bridge and run to beach. Calm down and make two essences while others unleash the big guns.

LUCK [1]
END [6+1=7]
LUCK [5]
SPD [5]

Ishin tried to get back to the bridge, but just as his coleague, didin't make it before bridge was destroyed. A large chunk of ice fell on the mage, forcing him underwater, yet othervise causing no harm. During involuntary dive, Ishin managed to see mass of tentacles floating around, with no clear end or begining. It was all motivation he needed to hastly swim all the way to the shore.

"FUCK THAT HUR-*ahem* That just won't do, will it. I rather need that leg."
Etszu warps a new leg from the stump of his old one.

CMP [6]
POT [6+1=7]
END [4+1=5]

Estzu hastily chanted the spel to recreate lost leg, fear of bleeding out and pain induced adrenaline high forcing him to overdo the spell. From the stump a black mass emerged, growing, expanding, finaly shaping up into a leg that wouldn't look out of place on a dragonblood. great claws for fingers ashured that no shoe would last a day, but with thick scales covering every inch of the leg, it was hardly a problem. Pain caused by regrowing a leg, specificly all the nerves in the leg caused a new wave of pain for fleshwarper, though that was hardly the problem compared to encroaching eldrich storm.

Run east

SPD [(6)/2+1=4]

Romanticanus moved eastwards with all haste he could muster. Even dealings with pleased warp Gods could have outcomes worse than death, dealings with Malal hardly ever resulted in anything else. Hills were covered with sand and tall brown grass when sorceror stoped moving.
As my exams are finaly over, I can update more offten! Now, I will be updating on wednesdays and saturdays. Due to time zones, it may be thursday/sunday for some players, but for now, updates can be called regular once more.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 52 Back with schedule
« Reply #791 on: January 24, 2015, 08:37:35 pm »

Looking at the storm, Etszu speaks. "Oh dear, you two just stay here and try not to die in the incoming storm, alright? I'll be back once it passes. Don't try and run, though. I'd be very displeased"
If there is time before the storm arrives, Etszu Warps roots onto the Treant(s), binding them in place."Flesh for the Flesh Tree."
Etzsu moves out of the way of the storm, keeping a watchful eye on the Treant(s).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:42:25 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 24, 2015, 10:59:51 pm »

"Get out of here, it's too dangerous!" James yells to the two mages, his voice amplified by the mech's speakers.

Summon an active bomb into the monster's mouth. Use 2 +1/+1 essences and 4 +1POT essences.
Continue shooting it if it survives that.
Finally, conjure a summoning essence to replenish my depleted stocks.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 26, 2015, 06:24:53 pm »

Recover consciousness. Swim the last meters & run!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 26, 2015, 07:50:18 pm »

Two force essences for now.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 506