Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163761 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 55 Tactical retreat is not cowardly
« Reply #840 on: February 08, 2015, 03:47:20 pm »

((All 1's? Even physical ones? Neat.))

Charge three essences, preparing for another grand magic.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 55 Tactical retreat is not cowardly
« Reply #841 on: February 08, 2015, 04:36:47 pm »

Turn 56

SPD [4-1=3] vs [6-1=5]
DEX [2]
STR [4+2=6]
END [5+1=6]
CMP [3]
POT [3+1=4]

Treant, bored by inefectual puncing, opted to grab Estzu instead. Thick finger-branches wraped around fleshwarpers chest as ent picked up offending mage. It was a bad day going worse for Estzu, as spell meant to immobilize his oponent merely made trees grow branches randomly.

Try to dodge any attacks the worm makes. If I can't dodge, then block with the shield.
Slash it with the sword if it gets close enough.
Be sad that the mech only has 2 "weapon slots".

Summon another bomb inside the worm, using a +2/+1 chaos essence and a +1/+1 essence. That should do some damage.
Craft another summon essence.

{I now regret not giving mech stats that would be used instead of your real ones.}

SPD [2] vs [3]
DEX [2]
STR [4+6=10]

All huge things don't seem to move all that fast to an observer. It is usualy so, because observer is realy far away. James found this out the hard way, as giant worm scooped him and several thousand tons of dirt before he could so much as react. Teeth were far more active further into the throat, bending and tearing mech. Despite myriad of warnings flashing across all screens, mashine remained working, but this would not last long.

Boost aspect of Gravity on that beast. Use all essences.

CMP [1+1+1=3]
POT [3+2-1=4]

Ishin was not the kind of mage to be intimidated by the sight of a beast eating something ten times his size in a single bite. Most certainly not. And the spell slightly increased gravity around him becouse he wanted it to. Certainly.

Create a powerful shockwave at my current position, 'Dark Souls Wrath of the Gods' style.

LUCK [8]
CMP [3+1+1=5]
POT [2+1]

Previous trashing of echos served Crimson well as he experiemented with a new spell. Strong gust of wind sent barks trashing in all directions. A shriek came from somwhere to the left, but sound of breaking barks indicated wyrm was scared into fleeing.

Aether sense for any beings of power. Then another essence.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [6+1=7]
LUCK [7]
LUCK [2]

Jase reached out into surounding aether. It took him some time to get through power obelisks were emiting, their power acting as dampening static. Something was hiding fair distance away, but not too far to reach. Something towards... Shuders passed through aether, as the something looked back. It homed in on power of Obelisks. White one shudered and began emiting more power. It would probably be wise to leave.

Go look for the titan

SPD [(6)/2+1=4]

Romanticarnus couldn't believe his eyes. There it was, all shiny and new, no coat of grime, sooth and blood, not even painted yet. His legs caried him with great speed, he arived just in time to witness Titan being eaten by horenduosly oversized worm, probably tyranid. Warp sorceror could had sworn he heard eldar laughing somwhere nearby.

((All 1's? Even physical ones? Neat.))

Charge three essences, preparing for another grand magic.
{That's why I called it staff of bait. Evryone will want one. Possibly yours.}

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [4]
POT [6]
CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [1-->6+1-2=5]

Kahel began prepearing for his next spell, as his new staff continued fixing his mistakes. Is this how it feels to be genius?
Portal in the middle of the island flashed to life again, as Endlessblaze, mage known only by the epitet some had used to describe paths he used. He immedietly showed why as his first action was focusing power for future incinerations.

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [6+1=7]
POT [2]
POT [2]
CMP [4+1-2=3]
POT [4+1-2=3]

It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 56 Discretion is the better part of valor
« Reply #842 on: February 08, 2015, 04:50:05 pm »

so do I have all the essences yet or do I have to wait a turn? I forget...
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 08, 2015, 05:39:47 pm »

((Time for something insane. We've seen that things Warped together keep their minds separate from the Treants I combined earlier, so let's try this!))
"LET'S TRY THIS, SHALL WE?!"
Etszu Warps himself into and throughout the Treant. All Essence.
If he succeeds, he attempts to take control.
((He might be a little annoyed by the Treant continually spellblocking him.))
((His name is/was/will have been Etszu, by the way, not Estzu.))
Spoiler: Name stuff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:35:30 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 08, 2015, 06:07:24 pm »

"My, my, this certainly exeeds initial expectations..."

Kahel smiled to himself.

"Now, a sphere is needed..."

I conjure a magical sphere from obsidian and trap immense energies of cold inside, trying to create a self-sustaining artifact supporting my freezing powers. ALL essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 08, 2015, 06:32:42 pm »

create 3 more essences
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:42:43 pm by endlessblaze »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 08, 2015, 06:36:11 pm »

when I have all my essences created
summon-solid-animate-fire
use all essences
You can use them now, I do believe.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:38:56 pm by XXXXYYYY »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 08, 2015, 06:37:20 pm »

sweet... wait....hold on let me edit something

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 08, 2015, 06:40:15 pm »

sweet... wait....hold on let me edit something
you realize that will be roughly -8 to all casting rolls, for a total of -6 cmp and -4 power, right?
You get -1/-1 for every spell you cast in a round, and forming an essence counts as a spell.
That is, if you even get to that point.
If you don't wait a turn the spell is ensured to fizzle or blow up in your face.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:42:40 pm by XXXXYYYY »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 08, 2015, 06:41:57 pm »

alright then I will edit again and just make 3 more essences for this turn then make another 3 next turn , repeat until I can reliably make the thing I want to make

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 08, 2015, 07:29:08 pm »

((Can I join? Are affinities mandatory? If I have an affinity for a specific weapon, does that mean I get a penalty to everything that has nothing to do with weapons like throwing a fireball or punching someone?))
Solid:Summoned or affected matter or force will take up a solid form.
Ethereal Summoned or affected matter will be phased out of reality.
Ranged: Allows you to control or summon objects outside of touch range. The place still needs to be within your field of vision.
((Forgot the colon.))

EDIT: ((What's going on at the moment IC?))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:51:06 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 08, 2015, 08:03:20 pm »

((Can I join? If I have an affinity for a specific weapon, does that mean I get a penalty to everything that has nothing to do with weapons?))
Ranged: Allows you to control or summon objects outside of touch range. The place still needs to be within your field of vision.
((Forgot the colon.))

((Currently, Nav, a healing summoner named James in a huge mechsuit, is getting eaten by a huge worm, I, a Fleshwarping mage with a dragon leg and a bone plate on my chest, am getting continually spellblocked by the weakest Treant ever, AoshimaMichio, a aspect mage named Ishin with paper hands, botched a spell and increased gravity on themselves while Crimson, a Force mage of the same name covered in bruises, scared a wyrm away, endlessblaze, the Avatar, master of all four elements, is preparing to make some movable solid fire, and Sarrak, a temperature mage named Kahel the Changer has an obsidean staff that errybody wants. Meanwhile, poketwo, a Warp (from 40k) wizard is just kinda derping around and running all over the place like a headless chicken.))

((And yes, you can join, and I do believe Affinities are mandatory, as you can only cast spells relating to 'em. You'll be plopped in at the beginning of next turn.))

((WARNING: NOT THE GM, just here and the questions have (mostly) been asked before so I'm parroting him or the first post.))

((@DreamerGhost: If you want me to stop answering questions, just say the word and I will. Don't want ta be spreading misinformation or be angerin' the GM.))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:41:50 pm by XXXXYYYY »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 08, 2015, 08:17:57 pm »

((Slight correction:
James (NAV) is getting eaten by the worm. A towering horror made from teeth, burnt tentacles and broken hopes.
Crimson chased off wyrm. A strange and fast creature prone to panic attacks.

About Affinity: you may forgo choosing one. But then you won't be able to use magic. And, as we're playing Roll to Magic... Well... You probably should not forgo it. XY already gave some great tips on choosing one.

XY, I don't think DreamerGhost would object.))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:21:27 pm by Sarrak »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 08, 2015, 08:24:09 pm »

((Slight correction:
James (NAV) is getting eaten by the worm. A towering horror made from teeth, burnt tentacles and broken hopes.
Crimson chased off wyrm. A strange and fast creature prone to panic attacks.

About Affinity: you may forgo choosing one. But then you won't be able to use magic. And, as we're playing Roll to Magic... Well... You probably should not forgo it. XY already gave some great tips on choosing one.

XY, I don't think DreamerGhost would object.))
((Edits will be made and I really just want to make sure, because annoying the GM is always bad.))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:25:49 pm by XXXXYYYY »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 08, 2015, 08:27:01 pm »

"CORPSE EMPEROR!!!!!!"
RUN FOR COVER
((Can I join? If I have an affinity for a specific weapon, does that mean I get a penalty to everything that has nothing to do with weapons?))
((Forgot the colon.))

((Currently, Nav, a healing summoner named James in a huge mechsuit, is getting eaten by a huge worm, I'm getting continually spellblocked by the weakest Treant ever, AoshimaMichio, a aspect mage named Ishin with paper hands, botched a spell and increased gravity on themselves while Crimson, a Force mage of the same name covered in bruises, scared a wyrm away, endlessblaze, the Avatar, master of all four elements, is preparing to make some movable solid fire, and Sarrak, a temperature mage named Kahel the Changer has an obsidean staff that errybody wants.))

((And yes, you can join, and I do believe Affinities are mandatory, as you can only cast spells relating to 'em. You'll be plopped in at the beginning of next turn.))

((WARNING: NOT THE GM, just here and the questions have (mostly) been asked before so I'm parroting him or the first post.))

((@DreamerGhost: If you want me to stop answering questions, just say the word and I will. Don't want ta be spreading misinformation or be angerin' the GM.))
((what about me?))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:58:34 am by poketwo »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 506