Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182943 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 56 Discretion is the better part of valor
« Reply #855 on: February 08, 2015, 08:27:30 pm »

((If I chose 'swords' as my affinity, would I get a -1 or a +1 to summoning a sword?))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:40:17 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 08, 2015, 08:36:28 pm »

"CORPSE EMPEROR!!!!!!"
SEE IF THERE ARE ELDAR NEARBY OR IT IS JUST THAT IDIOTIC ELDARED LAUGHING AT ME
((Can I join? If I have an affinity for a specific weapon, does that mean I get a penalty to everything that has nothing to do with weapons?))
Solid:Summoned or affected matter or force will take up a solid form.
Ethereal Summoned or affected matter will be phased out of reality.
Ranged: Allows you to control or summon objects outside of touch range. The place still needs to be within your field of vision.
((Forgot the colon.))

((Currently, Nav, a healing summoner named James in a huge mechsuit, is getting eaten by a huge worm, I'm getting continually spellblocked by the weakest Treant ever, AoshimaMichio, a aspect mage named Ishin with paper hands, botched a spell and increased gravity on themselves while Crimson, a Force mage of the same name covered in bruises, scared a wyrm away, endlessblaze, the Avatar, master of all four elements, is preparing to make some movable solid fire, and Sarrak, a temperature mage named Kahel the Changer has an obsidean staff that errybody wants.))

((And yes, you can join, and I do believe Affinities are mandatory, as you can only cast spells relating to 'em. You'll be plopped in at the beginning of next turn.))

((WARNING: NOT THE GM, just here and the questions have (mostly) been asked before so I'm parroting him or the first post.))

((@DreamerGhost: If you want me to stop answering questions, just say the word and I will. Don't want ta be spreading misinformation or be angerin' the GM.))
((what about me?))
((Well, you're just kinda derping around and not doing much, so I didn't think that you'd be all that relevant. I'll edit ya in.))

((If I chose 'swords' as my affinity, would I get a -1 or a +1 to summoning a sword?))
((If you said 'summon a sword' (with nothing specified about the sword), you'd get no maluses for a total of +1. If you said 'summon a [material] sword', you'd get a -1 (material specified), for a total of +/- 0. I'm not sure about if you said 'summon a [material] [sword type]' if you'd get a -1(only material specified, sword type irrelevant) or -2(material specified,sword type specified) for specifying type of sword, so either +/-0 or -1 total.
These totals doesn't take into account the -1 for summoning something (because 'summon' is a basic modifier), so the final total would be +/-0, -1, and either -1 or -2, respectively.))

((NOT THE GM WARNING STILL APPLIES))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:38:24 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 08, 2015, 08:41:32 pm »

((So if I chose 'swords' as an affinity does that mean that I'm pretty much unable to make armour? What if I enchanted a sword to be sharper? What if I enchanted a dagger or a spear or a hammer to be more sword-like? What's this CMP I keep reading about?))

EDIT: ((I got to the point where CMP's explained. Nevermind!))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:46:11 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 08, 2015, 08:47:38 pm »

((So if I chose 'swords' as an affinity does that mean that I'm pretty much unable to make armour? What if I enchanted a sword to be sharper? What if I enchanted a dagger or a spear or a hammer to be more sword-like? What's this CMP I keep reading about?))
((Again, not the GM, but you'd be virtually unable to make armor (unless you made it out of swords, which would be uncomfortable at best and not work/slice you to shreds at worst(depending on how the GM rules it)). You could enchant the sword rather easily, CMP is competence I assume, and it means how well the spell is cast, and I'm unsure about the dagger/spear/hammer, depends on the will of the GM if it counts.))

((Also, is that better poketwo?))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 08, 2015, 09:07:49 pm »

I would like to point out that my four elements plan was shot down by the restrictions the gm was going to place on my power if I did that (but I intend to buy the elements when I can)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 08, 2015, 09:12:14 pm »

((I think you should stat the mech, if its not too late.))

"Come on, hold together."
Carve a way out of the worm with the mechs sword.
Shield is useless against this monster, so change it into a giant drill and drill my way out.
Use all non-chaos summoning essense to summon an adamantium jetpack onto my back. So I have a chance to escape if the mech is destroyed.
Then craft another summoning essense.

Check if the mech has a self-destruct button. I hope I won't have to use it, but it might be the only way.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 09, 2015, 01:01:37 am »

@Andres Reading rules realy goes a long way  :P
@XY I don't mind, you are awesome. I couldn't answer the questions because I was asleep.
@Poketwo It's Eldrad laughing. You may want to move, the worm is still angry.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 09, 2015, 01:53:50 am »

Name: Azenfar the Quick Death
Affinity: Acceleration
Description(optional): Preferring to use magic to bolster his physical abilities, Azenfar is famed for his ability to move at rapid speeds and to apply that speed to his strikes. In order to prevent tripping over rocks or smashing into trees, he trained more to manoeuvre at high speeds more than he did train to achieve them.
STR=1
DEX=3
SPD=2
END=1
POT=1
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:06:15 am by Andres »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 09, 2015, 02:04:33 am »

Name: Azenfar the Quick Death
Affinity: Acceleration
Description(optional): Preferring to use magic to bolster his physical abilities, Azenfar is famed for his ability to move at rapid speeds and to apply that speed to his strikes. In order to prevent tripping over rocks or smashing into trees, he trained more to manoeuvre at high speeds more than he did train to achieve them.
STR=2
DEX=6
SPD=4
END=3
POT=1

((Even if you bribed me with essense, (you didin't) I wouldn't allow you to start with 2x stats ))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 09, 2015, 02:07:38 am »

((Fixed. Misread and thought "max 16 stats" meant that's what I start with. Maybe I can bribe you with some...Mystic Snow? ;))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 09, 2015, 02:26:40 am »

((I really want that worm now. Or maybe I'll investigate whatever jacked with the obelisk.))

"Crimson, one of the obelisks seems unstable. Let's get away from here. There's something I sensed that might have messed with it. I'm going to check it out."

Fly to check out the thing I sensed. Make two essences on the way.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 09, 2015, 06:57:45 am »

@Andres Reading rules realy goes a long way  :P
@XY I don't mind, you are awesome. I couldn't answer the questions because I was asleep.
@Poketwo It's Eldrad laughing. You may want to move, the worm is still angry.

KNEW IT

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 09, 2015, 09:56:37 am »

"Up we go."

Now head up and check around. Find any sign of that thing that messed up the obelisk. Also, make two forces essences.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 09, 2015, 11:48:28 am »

"Just as *cough* planned. *cough*"

Well then, steal aspect of Strength from the beast.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 11, 2015, 05:58:38 am »

((Is it ok if I start with a small, single-edged dagger? How long does it usually take before an update?))
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 506