Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179572 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 56 Discretion is the better part of valor
« Reply #870 on: February 11, 2015, 07:02:17 am »

((Sunday and wenesday are update days, though there may be delays sometimes. I kinda want all to start equal, on the other hand, this gives an advantage to those that started earlyer. I can allow a knife, as it is far weaker than what you could do with a rock.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 11, 2015, 03:12:02 pm »

((That's cool. Is my updated character ok?))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 11, 2015, 05:38:23 pm »

Turn 57

CMP [4+2+1+2-2=7]
POT [2+2+1=5]
LUCK [7]  {From chaotic essenses}
LUCK [6]

Spell was executed without fault. haotic thoughts of magic were benevolent. And yet still, the power was not enough. Spell was just not powerfull enough to fuse the two completely. Yet spirits bent the magic, veered it away from the route that led to an lifeless abomination. After last of rampant changes subsided, what stood in the forest was a gigantic half man half ent, with a touch of dragon on human leg. Ent side proved somewhat numb to first Etszus atempts to take control, possibly because of shock.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
{Body type - Huge. +6STR -3DEX}

"My, my, this certainly exeeds initial expectations..."

Kahel smiled to himself.

"Now, a sphere is needed..."

I conjure a magical sphere from obsidian and trap immense energies of cold inside, trying to create a self-sustaining artifact supporting my freezing powers. ALL essences.

CMP [5+2+2+1-1=9]
POT [5+2+1+1=9]

Kahel began molding another artifact, an obsidian focus for his powers. Voices were silent through the whole proces, possibly in awe. Smooth silica orb emerget from glowing molten rock, heat swirling in and out of it, power of influx easily manipulated by Kahels experienced hands.
{Orb of focus gained. +1POT.}

create 3 more essences

((Bolding your actual turn is reccomended)).

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [5]
POT [6]
CMP [3+1-2=2]
POT [2+1-2=1]

Endlessblaze continued masssing power next to the entry portal. Was he, perhaps, waiting for somone?

((I think you should stat the mech, if its not too late.))

"Come on, hold together."
Carve a way out of the worm with the mechs sword.
Shield is useless against this monster, so change it into a giant drill and drill my way out.
Use all non-chaos summoning essense to summon an adamantium jetpack onto my back. So I have a chance to escape if the mech is destroyed.
Then craft another summoning essense.

Check if the mech has a self-destruct button. I hope I won't have to use it, but it might be the only way.

((Mabye for the next one))

POT [1]
STR [6]
CMP [5+2+2-1=8]
POT [6+2+1+1=10]
CMP [2]
POT [3+1+1-1=4]
LUCK [9]

STR [3+6=9]
Shield changed itself into an unrecognisable mess of open cables and adamantine scraps. Sword cut few deep gashes through teeth and flesh before hiting something particularly hard and breaking. Now, more than ever, it was time for plan B. Some deity smiled upon wise decisions of James that day, summoning portals complying and granting him a easy to use adamantine jetpack, instruction manual taped on for those who couldnt figure out two button system. Titan also proved surprisingly compliant, it's core built by an engiseer who realised the danger of such thing falling into wrong hands. There was an entire sepperate pannel dedicated for core overload controls, timer and all. Several bleeps and warnings indicated that the worm had just cheved off titans left leg.

"CORPSE EMPEROR!!!!!!"
RUN FOR COVER

Moving out of the way proved easy, as the wrm sudenly got distracted by something from inside. Good, that meant that titan was not yet lost, it was still functional enough to cut away at the beast from inside. Though one should not rely on situation remaining the same.

((I really want that worm now. Or maybe I'll investigate whatever jacked with the obelisk.))

"Crimson, one of the obelisks seems unstable. Let's get away from here. There's something I sensed that might have messed with it. I'm going to check it out."

Fly to check out the thing I sensed. Make two essences on the way.
"Up we go."

Now head up and check around. Find any sign of that thing that messed up the obelisk. Also, make two forces essences.

LUCK [6]
CMP [6+1=7]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [1]
POT [5]

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [5]
POT [4]

Direcctions in aether are uncertain, as it streches through all creation, with co convenient markers such as sun or gravity. Try as he did, Jase couldn't reliably say in which direction the being was. Duo of mages took to the air and away from obelisks. It started snowing.

"Just as *cough* planned. *cough*"

Well then, steal aspect of Strength from the beast.
(( I feel sad for you))

CMP [2]
POT [1]

Ishin tried again, and this time his spell went entirely nowhere, as eertion in physical realm obstruted mages concentration on channeling power into his magic. Which was probably for the best, seeing as threads of magic attached themselves to entirely wrong aspects in the first place.
Flash of light from the main portal announcedd arival of another mage. Azenfar the Quick Death entered the competition, his favorite knife nimbly moving around his fingers. Close ccombat or long range sniping, none could escape his ire.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 57 Winter is comming
« Reply #873 on: February 11, 2015, 05:52:50 pm »

((Er...where's the portal? Where am I? I'm good at long-ranged sniping? That's pretty cool. When I'm moving at high speeds, DEX is what's likely to keep me from crashing into a tree, right? What's an essence?))

EDIT: I run away from the portal as fast as I can, using magic to boost my acceleration.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:37:06 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 11, 2015, 06:35:55 pm »

((Look at the map, you are marked with the same collor as your name. Yes, but there are large areas with no trees, and as such, no dex rolls. Read first post.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 11, 2015, 06:38:13 pm »

((So SPD governs dodging. Can I change my stats to 4 SPD and 1 DEX? Has anyone actually used DEX for acrobatics?)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 11, 2015, 06:39:44 pm »

hay dreamer can you show me my "inventory", of essences?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 11, 2015, 06:43:11 pm »

((Link to charsheets is in first post. Your essenses are as follow:
((
Fire essense +1/+2
2 Fire essenses +1/+1
Fire essense +1POT))

((So SPD governs dodging. Can I change my stats to 4 SPD and 1 DEX? Has anyone actually used DEX for acrobatics?)

DEX governs dodging. SPD governs traveling and chance to hit against DEX. I'll allow it, but why would you want to? I think yes, climbing a tree.))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:53:33 pm by DreamerGhost »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 11, 2015, 06:50:15 pm »

((That went... Surprisingly well.))
((Also, I guess I had been storing up my luck for this. Thank you RNG, just this once.))
"Well that went well, all things considered."
So, can you hear this, my new form-sibling? It'd be nice to chat, you know. Keeps the mind sharp. Who are you, anyway? I don't remember you saying anything before you attacked.
Etszu attempts to take full, complete control of the body, without destroying the Treant's mind.
EDOOT:If he gains enough control to walk/run, Etszu runs in a SE direction, away from the Storm.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:37:10 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 11, 2015, 08:07:32 pm »

((So the storm didn't move this turn?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 11, 2015, 08:22:08 pm »

"Now, one final touch. Essences!"

Overjoyed, I craft four essences, taking intense heat from the volcano itself!

((I think we need to slightly enlarge our map to the right. Next turn exploration begins!))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 11, 2015, 08:36:51 pm »

DEX governs dodging. SPD governs traveling and chance to hit against DEX. I'll allow it, but why would you want to? I think yes, climbing a tree.))
((I'll stick to my old stats then. You might want to update the OP, then. It still says that SPD is used for dodging.))
Dexterity: Your ability to aim, and do acrobatics.
Speed: Your ability to run fast, dodge, and initiative.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 11, 2015, 09:14:14 pm »

"i think its time....."

create solid animate fire! USE ALL ESSENCES
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:38:41 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 11, 2015, 09:25:14 pm »

"i think its time....."

create solid animate fire!/b]
((Don't forget to declare if you're using essences, and if so, which.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 11, 2015, 11:14:47 pm »

Take one last sip of the mech's champaign. Then perform quick salute for the its service and sacrifice. Then set the core to detonate and fly out of its mouth. Summon and equip a pair of sunglassed as the worm explodes behind me.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:38:19 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 506