Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163910 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 57 Winter is comming
« Reply #885 on: February 12, 2015, 06:44:01 am »

Ohhh sunglasses nice touch.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 12, 2015, 06:49:24 am »

((If you pass DEX rolls to dodge teeth on your way out, and then survive the aftermach, I'll autopass sunglasses summoning rolls))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 12, 2015, 06:52:14 am »

Even the GM likes sunglasses.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 12, 2015, 07:55:53 am »

Ookay, this is suddenly sounding very dangerous area. I think I will run to closest edge of world for now. And make 3 essences.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 12, 2015, 10:36:08 am »

"Jase, I'll be going down to get myself some defenses since this might get really dangerous."

Head to the ground and using the power of all my essences (+20/+17) , change the ground around me to create a form of armor for myself with the animate modifier (-2) applied to the base materials.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 12, 2015, 11:03:41 am »

"Right. I'll see if I can get a better location on that thing I sensed."

Aether sense for that thing, then make an essence. Have abomination make an essence too.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 15, 2015, 09:43:08 pm »

Turn 58

EDIT: I run away from the portal as fast as I can, using magic to boost my acceleration.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [2]
SPD [(2+1=3)/2+1=2.5]
DEX [3+1=4]

Not wanting to be near the crazy looking smolddering guy, Azenfar moved off, bosting his speed with a well known spell. But magic was ever so slightly diferent in this place, what was suposed to boost his speed made him levitate ever so slightly. Experiementaly, mage tilted his foot slightly, and the levitation spell launched him forward. It did not take Azenfar long to get the gist of it, dodging trees with ease, even though one was covered in nasty looking spikes. Soon, he was gliding over a lake full of shipwreck. But the waves are not same as land, levitation spell reflected off a wave, threw mage upwards. Quick twist of lower body landed Azenfar on board of a shipwrech without any injury, but the spell was spent.

((That went... Surprisingly well.))
((Also, I guess I had been storing up my luck for this. Thank you RNG, just this once.))
"Well that went well, all things considered."
So, can you hear this, my new form-sibling? It'd be nice to chat, you know. Keeps the mind sharp. Who are you, anyway? I don't remember you saying anything before you attacked.
Etszu attempts to take full, complete control of the body, without destroying the Treant's mind.
EDOOT:If he gains enough control to walk/run, Etszu runs in a SE direction, away from the Storm.

LUCK [1]
STR [2+2=4]
END [4+1=5]

Etszu atempted once more to wrangle the body to his will, but this time he was met with something else than silence. His left leg sudenly stoped responding at all, soon, fleshwarper couldn't even feel that it was there. Ent side also sprung into action, making use of the fact that Etszu could hardly dodge, it began pounding fleshy parts of the body. Luckly, punches were still rather weak.

"Now, one final touch. Essences!"

Overjoyed, I craft four essences, taking intense heat from the volcano itself!

CMP [4+1+1=6]
POT [1-->4+1=5]
CMP [2+1+1-1=3]
POT [4]
CMP [5]
POT [4+1-2=3]
CMP [4+1+1-3=3]
POT [1-->6+1-3=4]

Kahel laughed feeling the ease with which he conjured essenses. To think that some would have any trouble with this. But then, they were not he.

"i think its time....."

create solid animate fire! USE ALL ESSENCES

POT [3+1+2+1+1-1-1-3=3]
CMP [6+2+2+1=11]

As Blae commanded, so did fire spring forth,coalesing itself into a ball before droping onto the ground with an audible *thud*. few surounding grasses caught fire as well, and a few thrown stones showed that indeed, the tongues of flames were solid enough for a peeble to ricochet off. Now came the dificult part of actualy transporting it.

Take one last sip of the mech's champaign. Then perform quick salute for the its service and sacrifice. Then set the core to detonate and fly out of its mouth. Summon and equip a pair of sunglassed as the worm explodes behind me.

DEX [5]
DEX [3]
CMP [2]
POT [1+1+1=3]

James set core to explode in five minutes, went back to finish champagne and pay his respects to the mech. He managed to pick up the bottle, before bone spikes tore the mech in half, reminding him that moving out was probably for the best. Dodging spikes proved surprisingly easy, as there was a large enough space between them for large prey to fit. Easily, james flew out open mav of the beast, and deided to celebrate this feat by summoning a pair of sunglasses. Some god looked upon his efforts and decided that they were not going to be. Small piece of black plastic apeared before James, as worm exploded into shower of gore and sharp bone pieces, one of which it James in his right shoulder, making him loose control of right jetpack side and forcing a landing.

Ookay, this is suddenly sounding very dangerous area. I think I will run to closest edge of world for now. And make 3 essences.

SPD [(5-1)/2+1=3]
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [3-1=2]
CMP [5]
POT [3-1-1=2]
CMP [5+1-2=4]
POT [6-1-2=3]

Ishin, tired of already explored lands, decided to move closer to islands eddge. To his surprise, several tiny islands apeared from below and merged with main one.

"Jase, I'll be going down to get myself some defenses since this might get really dangerous."

Head to the ground and using the power of all my essences (+20/+17) , change the ground around me to create a form of armor for myself with the animate modifier (-2) applied to the base materials.
"Right. I'll see if I can get a better location on that thing I sensed."

Aether sense for that thing, then make an essence. Have abomination make an essence too.

CMP [1+1+4=6]
POT [2+1+3=6]
CMP [6+1+6-1-2=10]
POT [6+1+4-1=10]
CMP [4+1+4-2=7]
POT [2+1+4-2=5]
CMP [5+1+6-3=9]
POT [6+1+6-3=8]

CMP [3]
POT [5+1]
CMP [2]
POT [5]

CMP [1]
POT [3+1=4]

Power surged through Crimson. What once was a common human was now reinforced by gifts of the earth. Steel without and withing, his rule of iron fist would be literal.

Jase continued searching throug aether for the one that activated white obelisk. He managed to find out that the being was only half a mile away, before signal disapeared entirely under a wave of aether. As mage opened his eyes, he saw the consequences of the wave. Reality twisted and bent, before straightening out in one motion. As suroundings became coherent again, two mages were in a frozen wasteland.

Andres, your bad luck is legendary, you shouldn't had annoyed Fortuna. That is a reroll. Your first roll was you triping over your own legs, falling face first and losing conciousnes, and also stabbing yourself with that knife. Yeah.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 58 Terminators and explosions
« Reply #892 on: February 15, 2015, 09:53:43 pm »

make the fire levitate, take it with me as I go chase that guy that flew off with super awesome speed

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 15, 2015, 10:29:38 pm »

((Yup. All my luck went into those two rolls.))
Etszu Warps away the 'muscles' on the treant's side, replacing them with human flesh. He continues attempts to wrangle control. While he works, he sees if any sort of mental 'bond' happened when the two of them merged.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 15, 2015, 10:36:58 pm »

((Now I want to be a landscaper by using aether.))

"Hey Crimson, I think that white obelisk was infused with an ice or snow affinity or property. Odd, I thought they were just filled with unaligned power. But the thing that activated it is only a half mile off and...hey, did you do something with your hair? And the rest of your body?" Jase asks.

Head towards the thing. Or aether sense it again if I need to. Make another essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 15, 2015, 11:35:29 pm »

Walk back home and heal my shoulder.
Then summon a summoning essence. I've got a lot of work to do.
So, is there any sort of reward for killing the worm?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:52:38 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 16, 2015, 01:19:21 am »

AFTER PAUSING IN SHOCK FOR THE LAST TURN, ROMANTICUS BRISSUMS WITH RAGE AND RUNS OVER WHERE JAMES IS
"YOU"

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 16, 2015, 02:56:41 am »

"Yeah, I kind of changed myself a bit."

Get a feel of the new changes then fly up once again. Follow Jase if he heads to whatever is approaching.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 16, 2015, 03:11:21 am »

James turns to the angry mage running towards him.
"Please, don't do anything you might regret. I'm sure we can work this out."

If Romanticus attacks, then use all healing essences to fill his heart and lungs with scar tissue.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:58:44 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 16, 2015, 01:44:05 pm »

Actually, now that the worm is dead I go back into the lake. Eat one water breathing fruit and explore where the whirlpool used to be.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 506