Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180478 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 59 Blood diamonds
« Reply #930 on: February 20, 2015, 11:56:57 am »

Start exploration! If nothing interesting is found - two essenses.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 59 Blood diamonds
« Reply #931 on: February 23, 2015, 06:11:49 am »

Turn 60

Head back home. Inform Grundar and Tree of what happened, if they don't already know.
Send Grundar to search the gore-filled lake for anything of value.
Try summoning a tree ornament of magic defense for the tree.
And craft a summoning essence of course.

SPD [(3)/2+1=2.5]
LUCK [9]
CMP [5]
POT [3+1+1=5]
CMP [6]
POT [3+1+1-1=4]

Something usefull boss? I gues you aren't interested in tons upon tons of prime quality meat just floating there? Well, I shall do my best to get something interesting boss!
And with that Grundar scampered off towards the continiously redening lake. Summoning an amulet of magic resistance was almost trivial matter, a red plastic bubble with a string apeared out of nowhere. For a moment, it seemed that treehouse completely ignored it, then, a path among spikes apeared.

Head deeper into the ship while keep hand on my knife in case of ambush while accelerating the naga's heart.

EDIT: I shatter a soul shard.

{Usualy, I roll for actions in order they are writen and running would prevent you from casting. I swaped around the two this time}

SPD [2] vs [6]
STR [4]
DEX [2]
END [4]
CMP [4]
POT [5]
LUCK [9]

Naga lashed out with her tail while Azenfar was still geting into position, but mage managed to prevent the strike from hiting anything vulnerable by blocking with his arm. As he spoke words of power, naga cluched her chest with her right arm, a grimace of pain on her face. Before she could resume her compositure, Azenfar broke one of his shards, calling out a ghost of somone who died on the ship. Ghost was clothed in garb of a common seadog, armed with a cutlass and a mighty beard. While it's inorporeal form ould do no harm to the naga, it's vails and slashes were enough to distract her while Azenfar sliped away.

Will my fireball to move towards, and touch the ship. When the ship catches Fire pull my fireball back to me.

POT [3+1=4]
POT [1]

It was easy to move the fireball towards the ship, but Blaze only managed to pull it back halfway. It fell into the lake, and with a loud *hiss* it was gone. But fire that began to rage on the side of that particular ship also had same solid property, judging from how flames split the wood apart. With flames themselves breaking wood into smaller pieces, it was going to be an inferno in no time.

Swim south while looking for treasures. Get out of water before waterbreathing wears out, and make three essences. Head to where James and Romanticus are debating.
Anything that bothers me during this process will lose their aspect of Strength.

LUCK [10]
SPD [(3)/2+1=2.5]
CMP [4+1=5]
POT [2-1=1]
CMP [2]
POT [5-1-1=3]
CMP [2+1-2=1]
POT [3-1-2=0]

Search resulted in a jackpot, a massive shard worth a life found itself in possesion of Ishin. One rather tiring swim later, Ishin finaly got back on dry land, though while Romanticanus was still there, foaming in rage, James had allready left.
{+5 shards}

"Okay. Listen. The Storm is approaching, so could you at least cooperate for the 5 minutes it takes to leave this area so we don't have both our souls sucked out or something? I'm pretty sure that that would be bad for you as well."
Diplomacy!
Attempt to move East, out of the path of the Storm.

LUCK [10]
SPD [(3-1=2)/2+1=2]

Treant side still refused to comunicate, but spread of numbness and punches stoped, while legs that were no longer his carried Etszu away from the forest.

"Not again!"

Prepare to fight once more, turning my lance back into a spear. Use right arm to punch the air and launch an air bullet unto the incoming enemy.

SPD [2+1=3] vs [5+1=6]
STR [1]
DEX [6]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [5+1=6]
DEX [3-1=2]

Dragon seemed to be focused on intimidation at first, as it did not even bother to open it's maw as it flew over Crimson causing great gust of wind. Mage responded by throwing a punch of air, which missed the dragon entirely. Great lizard started spining around for another fly-by, quite probably, not as harmless as the first.

Start exploration! If nothing interesting is found - two essenses.

LUCK [1]

Kahel managed to walk four whole steps into the burned forest before some sstrange reature apeared in his path. It had a form simmilar to that of a horse, and a horn simmilar to that of a unicorn, yet it was oposite of those creatures of light. Fire burned along it's spine and hoves, while teeth it had seemed more used to eat flesh rather than grass. Running was not an option, yet fighting was also with uncertain outcome
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 60 Butchers reward
« Reply #932 on: February 23, 2015, 06:27:29 am »

((Shouldn't I have one fruit left instead of two?))

Break 6 shards for inceased POT.
Steal Aspect of Competence from foaming rage guy here, boosted with +1 CMP and +1POT essences.
Proceed to kick him on nuts, since he is impotent incompetent.

"I need to kill you, and I'm not sorry about it."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 23, 2015, 06:42:15 am »

"DANG IT I NEEDED THAT!"
endlessblaze looks at the ship.
"hheheheh...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BURNNNNN!"

see if I can control the flames on the ship, if I can break of a piece and bring it to me, if I cant craft 3 essences
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 23, 2015, 09:05:37 am »

James hung the amulet on the tree. Then he walks up to the fire mage.
"Excuse me, I don't mind if you burn things or try to kill eachother, but could you please do it somewhere else?
Oh, and may I interest you in some everburning magma?"

((The firefox's remains are still hot, and won't stop being hot, right?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 23, 2015, 10:11:08 am »

((Huh. Thought I posted for that turn. So is the snow dragon magic?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 23, 2015, 10:31:12 am »

((Firefox remains are still burning, dragon is magic.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 23, 2015, 11:55:16 am »

((DG, I should mention that you have a few extra essences in my character sheet. I used the 2 +1CMP and the +1/+1 summoning essences to summon the jetpack. The sheet's also missing my +1 POT summoning essence. Yay for honesty.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 23, 2015, 12:29:50 pm »

"Don't worry, I won't set the forest on fire. Perhaps I should introduce myself, I am endlessblaze, I am skilled in the art of fire, known in some circles as pyromancey"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 23, 2015, 02:48:20 pm »

Use 5 +1/+1 essences to control the dragon like the abomination. Try to do it without the mind wipe this time.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 23, 2015, 03:15:32 pm »

"Don't worry, I won't set the forest on fire. Perhaps I should introduce myself, I am endlessblaze, I am skilled in the art of fire, known in some circles as pyromancey"
"Make sure you don't. I'm James, healer and summoner."

While we talk summon an enchanted weapon, and a summoning essence.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 23, 2015, 07:00:45 pm »

"james the healer.....ahhh yes I believe I have heard of you. you say your also good at summoning? interesting, a useful affinity no doubt. tell me what are your goals at the moment? are you going to overtake this land? battle the other mages for power? relax a bit and enjoy life? all of those ideas sound nice."

endlessblaze sits by the lake gazing at the water and the burning ship.

"the water looks so relaxing, water.....it sustains life in the beast of the world....
the fire....providing warmth and light, while also providing a powerful weapon of destruction...
the forest, a place filled with life and food, and with danger of those who would make a meal of you...."
(sigh)
"I think I will rest here a bit, don't worry about me killing you. im a nice guy most of the time"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 23, 2015, 09:12:05 pm »

Smelling smoke, Azenfar realised the fire mage followed him and lit the ship on fire. Returning to the Naga, he offers to turn her heart back to normal if she swears fealty to him. If she accepts, flee the ship with her help. If she declines, increase the speed of her heart and get out of the ship.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:42:56 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 24, 2015, 12:53:12 pm »

"Umm. Hello. I'm back. I may or may not have Warped myself into this Treant here and he's none too happy about it. Trying to usurp the shared body and not communicating and such. Most annoyingly, he keeps punching me and disrupting my casting. Actually, let me try to give him a mouth. He might not be able to use mine. Sorry about that, bodykin. Lemme just give you another mouth. Let me just make a few essences so I don't mess us up further. I do hope that this will be the start of a good Union, but you're making me fear the worst.

Actually, could we try and make this body control thing a bit more democratic instead of this chaotic mad powergrab we're doing now? I actually met with a few Elders that actually settled into symbiosis with their Kin before I came here, and I hope that we could setup something like that. I'll get you a mouth in a jiffy, so we can actually discuss this like civilized beings. For now, just give me a sign on your opinion so far."

3 Warping Essences. Try to ignore the punches, if any come.
After that, attempt to regain feeling in any numb limbs. Don't necessarily try and take control, but attempt to make this a bit more democratic.

((May edit later.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 24, 2015, 02:54:25 pm »

"james the healer.....ahhh yes I believe I have heard of you. you say your also good at summoning? interesting, a useful affinity no doubt. tell me what are your goals at the moment? are you going to overtake this land? battle the other mages for power? relax a bit and enjoy life? all of those ideas sound nice."

endlessblaze sits by the lake gazing at the water and the burning ship.

"the water looks so relaxing, water.....it sustains life in the beast of the world....
the fire....providing warmth and light, while also providing a powerful weapon of destruction...
the forest, a place filled with life and food, and with danger of those who would make a meal of you...."
(sigh)
"I think I will rest here a bit, don't worry about me killing you. im a nice guy most of the time"
"I've considered fighting for power, especially when I first summoned that mech. I've also heavily considered wandering off into the distance and seeing what I find. But I think I'm going to stay here, live comfortably, and help out the passers by. Maybe earn a few soul shards doing so, though people seem reluctant to part with them. It was originally my partner David's plan." James glances to where David is buried.

"What's your plan?"

"Umm. Hello. I'm back. I may or may not have Warped myself into this Treant here and he's none too happy about it. Trying to usurp the shared body and not communicating and such. Most annoyingly, he keeps punching me and disrupting my casting. Actually, let me try to give him a mouth. He might not be able to use mine. Sorry about that, bodykin. Lemme just give you another mouth. Let me just make a few essences so I don't mess us up further. I do hope that this will be the start of a good Union, but you're making me fear the worst.

Actually, could we try and make this body control thing a bit more democratic instead of this chaotic mad powergrab we're doing now? I actually met with a few Elders that actually settled into symbiosis with their Kin before I came here, and I hope that we could setup something like that. I'll get you a mouth in a jiffy, so we can actually discuss this like civilized beings. For now, just give me a sign on your opinion so far."

"Welcome back. I see you've been busy."
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 506