Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1176879 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 60 Butchers reward
« Reply #945 on: February 24, 2015, 04:15:32 pm »

"I don't know. I think I might explore, there might be other sources of soul shards around here, and exploring sounds nice, of course just murdering everyone would work but men are beast, and a beast takes its disires and instincts into acount, seeing as humans tend to be pack animals that make friends it can be hard to find a good target."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 24, 2015, 08:00:56 pm »

Use the force generated by my wings to create a solid (-1) force field around me. Or if Jase succeeds in his task before the dragon gets to me, create two force essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 25, 2015, 03:37:56 pm »

Update will happen tomorow, partialy because I have a test to prepeare for and partialy because I want to give Romanticarnus a chance to defend himself.

Spoiler: Also, because of this (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 25, 2015, 04:13:38 pm »

Use pyromancery to blast a blast of fire in the shape of an x at my attacker.

After that, quickly run to cover

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 25, 2015, 05:24:18 pm »

"Huh. Amazing, simply amazing...

Try to make contact with the beast via magic fireworks. If this obviously fails and "horse" shows aggression - freeze it solid.
(Two spells, three essence on freezing one)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 26, 2015, 04:31:38 pm »

Didn't the GM say earlier that the island being a duck was canon? Is the duck now assimilating new land? I am now tempted to make a character that can control ducks.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 26, 2015, 06:13:47 pm »

Turn 61

"I need to kill you, and I'm not sorry about it."
Use pyromancery to blast a blast of fire in the shape of an x at my attacker.

After that, quickly run to cover

SPD [2] vs [1]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [1+3+1=5]

CMP [1-1=0]
POT [6+1=7]
END [2]

Ishin was first to move, and the spell he cast was a terrible one indeed! He plundered all valuable thoughts from his oponents mind, containing them for now in form of neutral essenses.  Barely noticing aditional insanity, Romanticarnus answered with some fire, but warp was ficle even under best circumstances. With magic clouding his mind, sorcerors' fire exploded violently upon contact with materium, flinging Romanticarnus backwards. Usualy, this would had been a mere inonvenience, but here, he was entirely without armor. The only reason why he was still concious was the pain.

"DANG IT I NEEDED THAT!"
endlessblaze looks at the ship.
"hheheheh...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BURNNNNN!"

see if I can control the flames on the ship, if I can break of a piece and bring it to me, if I cant craft 3 essences

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [2+1=3]

A piece of wod split off from the ship as flames that were consuming it caried it towards pyromancer on the shore. It fell in the water just few meters short from reaching the shore.

James hung the amulet on the tree. Then he walks up to the fire mage.
"Excuse me, I don't mind if you burn things or try to kill eachother, but could you please do it somewhere else?
Oh, and may I interest you in some everburning magma?"

((The firefox's remains are still hot, and won't stop being hot, right?))
"Don't worry, I won't set the forest on fire. Perhaps I should introduce myself, I am endlessblaze, I am skilled in the art of fire, known in some circles as pyromancey"
"Make sure you don't. I'm James, healer and summoner."

While we talk summon an enchanted weapon, and a summoning essence.

CMP [5]
POT [4+1+1=6]
LUCK [7]
CMP [4]
POT [2+1+1-1=3]

As aether energiess let go of mysterious item, James was dissapointed at first to find what apeared to be a simple woden bow. Further inspection, however, made him pleasantly surprised. It was a bow of transference - item usualy emplyed by elven wizards. It could hold within itself up to three spells, which would manifest as arows upon drawing the string, quite usefull for using spells that would usualy require touch from a safe distance.

Use 5 +1/+1 essences to control the dragon like the abomination. Try to do it without the mind wipe this time.
Use the force generated by my wings to create a solid (-1) force field around me. Or if Jase succeeds in his task before the dragon gets to me, create two force essences.

SPD [3] vs [3-1=2] vs [5+1=6]
STR [3]
END [5+1=6]
CMP [4+5-2=7]
POT [1+5+1=7

CMP [2]
POT [6+1=7]

Dragon roared and flew by Crimson before either mage could react. This time dragon actualy struck treaspaser of airspace with his wing, but it failed to do even superficial damage to steel form. Jase finished chanting his spell just as dragon began turning for a third attack. The spell reached out to the dragon and changed... something. What exactly was uncertain, as the great beast didin't even slow down. Crimson, not wanting to test neither claws nor fangs against his steel hide, crafted a solid force field. Which promptly fell down, draging mage with it. Dragon almost looked disapointed at the sight of bubble falling down.

Smelling smoke, Azenfar realised the fire mage followed him and lit the ship on fire. Returning to the Naga, he offers to turn her heart back to normal if she swears fealty to him. If she accepts, flee the ship with her help. If she declines, increase the speed of her heart and get out of the ship.

LUCK [2]
STR [2]
END [2]
CMP [4]
POT [1]
DEX [6+1=7]
END [2]

Naga responded to the offer with a disheartened slap of her tail. Could it be her way of expresing afection? Azenfar decided to show his intolerance to such alien methods by restoring weakening spell over nagas' heart, but only by a tiny bit. He was a gentleman first and intolerant murderer second. Mage then made himself scarce, deftly dodging nagas' possibly afectionate grab with a mighty leap towards the deck. So mighty was the leap, that when one of Azenfars feet brushed a loose nail, it tore through the shoe and pierced his foot.

"Umm. Hello. I'm back. I may or may not have Warped myself into this Treant here and he's none too happy about it. Trying to usurp the shared body and not communicating and such. Most annoyingly, he keeps punching me and disrupting my casting. Actually, let me try to give him a mouth. He might not be able to use mine. Sorry about that, bodykin. Lemme just give you another mouth. Let me just make a few essences so I don't mess us up further. I do hope that this will be the start of a good Union, but you're making me fear the worst.

Actually, could we try and make this body control thing a bit more democratic instead of this chaotic mad powergrab we're doing now? I actually met with a few Elders that actually settled into symbiosis with their Kin before I came here, and I hope that we could setup something like that. I'll get you a mouth in a jiffy, so we can actually discuss this like civilized beings. For now, just give me a sign on your opinion so far."

3 Warping Essences. Try to ignore the punches, if any come.
After that, attempt to regain feeling in any numb limbs. Don't necessarily try and take control, but attempt to make this a bit more democratic.

{Did you somehow offend RNGeesus lately?}
LUCK [1]
END [6+1=7]

Treant side seemed confused at what it's fleshy parts were doing, so it decided to stop messing around. Instead of punching it went for one obvious weakness. When woden arm withdrew, Etszu was bloody. And blind. Knowlege that the tree could will do worse if allowed, helped Etszu fight through the pain, at least enough to still cast spells. Not that he had much control over anything more before losing sight.

"Huh. Amazing, simply amazing...

Try to make contact with the beast via magic fireworks. If this obviously fails and "horse" shows aggression - freeze it solid.
(Two spells, three essence on freezing one)
SPD [6] vs [3+2=5]

CMP [5+3=8]
POT [6+3=9]

The horse was actualy quite impresive. It would probably be able to ride over sand easily. As well as any other surface. It would probably be fast enough to outrun anything that other mages could create. He only needed to impress it enough to not to eat him immedietly. A little show of fireworks might sufice. It was at this point in his train of thought that Kahel remembered that he didin't actualy know how to create fireworks. Plan B it was. Flames dissapeared from the horse as it's body cooled, it's two front legs freezing beyond usefullnes. Even paniced, it shrieked horifyingly.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:10:08 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 61 Critical showers
« Reply #952 on: February 26, 2015, 06:23:54 pm »

"DANG IT!" TRY AGIAN!

"ohhhhh is that a transference bow? can you make me one? fireproof please"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 26, 2015, 06:24:26 pm »

((In case it matters, my CMP should have been 7, not 6))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 26, 2015, 06:37:30 pm »

((It doesn't, but fix'd))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
RE: Roll to Magic: Turn 61 Critical showers
« Reply #955 on: February 26, 2015, 06:41:48 pm »

{Did you somehow offend RNGeesus lately?}
((I wish. I'll burn some food in sacrifice tomorrow. Maybe it might finally break my bad luck streak.))

((Told you I used up all my remaining luck on those Chaotic essences. :P))

"OW. ow. fuck. ow. Help? Someone?"
Request assistance.
"Mister Treant. I am trying to make this arrangement work. To put it in few words, I AM TRYING TO MAKE YOU A HEAD. Wait a short while and I will be ready. NOW WILL YOU PLEASE STOP FOR ONE GODDAMN SECOND."
3 Warping Essences. Try to convince the Treant to calm his sheet and his flailing appendage.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 26, 2015, 06:45:10 pm »

Murder-kill endlessblaze with my knife.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 26, 2015, 06:45:39 pm »

((@XXYY Now that I think back on it, I should had rolled you END for horenduos pain. Consider it a freebie for dealing with continious terrible luck.))

((@Andres You have yet to see him. Please keep the metagaming down to non-inhibitive levels by replacing "endlessblaze" with "That mage standing on the shore".))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:48:01 pm by DreamerGhost »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 26, 2015, 06:47:13 pm »

What were the first two strength and endurance checks for?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 26, 2015, 06:49:27 pm »

((Which ones you are refering to, exactly?))
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 506