Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1178263 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 61 Critical showers
« Reply #975 on: February 27, 2015, 05:05:45 am »

((I'm still not 100% on what an essence is. I'm guessing it's basically solid.....concept, I guess? You cast a spell and make an "essence" of that spell which you can use later to buff your competency?))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 27, 2015, 05:14:12 am »

((Neutral essenses can be used for any spell.))

((Quite right, essense is a buff in a can.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 27, 2015, 05:24:39 am »

Target 1: Romaticus's skull
Target 2: Air above him
Aspect: Solidity
Effect: Switch aspects between targets
Essences used: Aspect essense +1/+1

((It's a bit late to confirm this, but does +1/+1 essences grant bonus to both CMP and POT automatically, or do I have to specify which one should be boosted?))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:46:01 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 27, 2015, 05:41:03 am »

((Both. The gig is that you can't use only half of it.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 27, 2015, 06:47:48 am »

Make force field around me disappear. If Jase still fails to fully tame the dragon, try to create the same kind of force field around the dragon using the force from its wing movement (-2 ranged and solid). Use a single +2/+1 chaotic force essence. If Jase succeeds though, then create three force essences instead.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:06:09 am by Crimson »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 27, 2015, 07:04:44 am »

((I HATE YOU IN BOTH GAMES))

USE TELEPATHY TO RIP OUT THE THINGS Ishin STOLE OUT OF MY MIND FROM HIS MIND, AND MAYBE A FEW THINGS FROM HIS MIND TO ME, WHILE ALSO MAYBE EXPOSING HIM TO WHAT I HEAR FROM THE WARP. USE MY ESSENCE. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:02:23 pm by poketwo »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 27, 2015, 07:09:28 am »

((You either add esense to your spell or not. No midspell fixes. I should probably add penalties to your casts since you have so many spells available. Possibly something from messed up psychic table.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 27, 2015, 07:11:10 am »

((I HATE YOU IN BOTH GAMES))

USE TELEPATHY TO RIP OUT THE THINGS Ishin STOLE OUT OF MY MIND FROM HIS MIND, AND MAYBE A FEW THINGS FROM HIS MIND TO ME, WHILE ALSO MAYBE EXPOSING HIM TO WHAT I HEAR FROM THE WARP. USE MY ESSENCE, BUT ONLY IF THE ROLL IS LOW ENOUGH IN EITHER POTENCY/COMPETENCY THAT IT WOULD FAIL. 
((You are my target only because you were so conviently close. And in other game it was a overshoot, you can't blame me.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 01, 2015, 01:27:26 pm »

Turn 62
"Mister Treant. I am trying to make this arrangement work. To put it in few words, I AM TRYING TO MAKE YOU A HEAD. Wait a short while and I will be ready. NOW WILL YOU PLEASE STOP FOR ONE GODDAMN SECOND."
3 Warping Essences. Try to convince the Treant to calm his sheet and his flailing appendage.

LUCK [4]
STR [4+2=6]
END [2+1=3]

Ent was not willing to wait for the mage to prepeare a spell of uncertain purpose and results. Crack of bones was unheard by Etszu, as his mind sliped into darkness of unconciousness

Murder-kill endlessblaze with my knife.

Azenfar was overcome with desire to kill the mage standing on the shore. Surely, it was he that had to be responsible for the fire that was consuming the ship! He may had even been responsible for that naga. Not that he needed the reasons, Azenfar was here to win, even if that required sacrifices. Sadly, the two were sperated by an expanse of water, possibly full of dangerous creatures and certainly full of naga. Swiming could be dangerous, but with the ship on fire, he may ot have a choice.
What about Grundar's search for loot?

"Don't worry Etszu, I'll heal you. You have no idea how stubborn trees can be."
Heal Etszu.
Then step between Endlessblaze and the knife-wielding mage.

"Break it up. Stop fighting."
"awwww....but I want to steal his soul....."
CANCEL CURENT ACTION!

NEW ACTION--- wait and let james "try" to talk us down

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [1+1+1=3]

{Grundar is still searching. You can call him back whenever.}

The request not to wory seemed less like certainty and more like unfirm reassurance. Healing spell fumbled almost entirely, fixing few bruises but nothing else. Unless something more serious was used, treant would finish beating Etszu to death very soon. Trying not to end up with more patients than he could handle, James atempted to talk two mages out of murdering eachother while his power recharged.

"Well, sorry about that. Creating fireworks for contacting you would be too difficult even for my present temperature powers... So, the question is: do you have intelligence for a simpler forms of contact?"

Offer the beast choice of death or life under me. If it can't comprehend or refuses - finish it off.

LUCK [5]

Demonic beasts, and this horse was certainly demonic, rarely had inteligent capacity beyond uncountable ways of killing and maiming, but they all obeyed strenghth. This nightmare belonged to the masses that couldn't comprehend speech, but mabye it could be trained. It probably won't risk atacking.

Continue Operation How To Train Your Dragon. 5 more +1/+1 essences.
Make force field around me disappear. If Jase still fails to fully tame the dragon, try to create the same kind of force field around the dragon using the force from its wing movement (-2 ranged and solid). Use a single +2/+1 chaotic force essence. If Jase succeeds though, then create three force essences instead.

CMP [1+5-2=4]
POT [5+5+1=11]

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [2+1=3]

As two mages cast of their newest spells, wooing a dragon and removing shield, great wyrm slowed down and began to land. As mind control once again returned uncertain results and shield thined to half strength, dragon gracefuly landed next to duo and nochalantly, almost carefuly crushed remaining force shield without making any atempt to harm the mage inside. It then proceded to move it's head right next to Crimson, wait a few moments, and then breathe out a puf of smoke in his face.

"Truly you are sent by Ancient ones to annoy me. Here I go flying, looking for something to eat, and there you are, completely ungarbed in hard to digest metals and even in the air, mening no need to land on this blasted snow. And what do you proceed to do? What is your choice? Put yourslef in a magic can and drop on the groud. Truly despicable, I even lost my apetite."

Target 1: Romaticus's skull
Target 2: Air above him
Aspect: Solidity
Effect: Switch aspects between targets
Essences used: Aspect essense +1/+1

((It's a bit late to confirm this, but does +1/+1 essences grant bonus to both CMP and POT automatically, or do I have to specify which one should be boosted?))
USE TELEPATHY TO RIP OUT THE THINGS Ishin STOLE OUT OF MY MIND FROM HIS MIND, AND MAYBE A FEW THINGS FROM HIS MIND TO ME, WHILE ALSO MAYBE EXPOSING HIM TO WHAT I HEAR FROM THE WARP. USE MY ESSENCE. 

SPD [3] vs [2]
CMP [6+1=7]
POT [1-1+1=1]

CMP [5+1-2=4]
POT [3+1=4]

Ishin was first to move, his spell weaved almost perfectly, but power behind it was missing, reulting in a solid cube of air floating away like a balloon and entirely unhurt sorceror. Romanticanus was not so gentle, tearing out bits and pieces of oposing mages' mind to restore his own.
{Ishin -1CMP next spell}

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:07:22 pm by DreamerGhost »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 62 Back to your regular evryday murders
« Reply #984 on: March 01, 2015, 01:35:55 pm »

((What about the essence I used?))
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 01, 2015, 02:07:44 pm »

((Fix'd though it doesn't change anything))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 01, 2015, 05:06:18 pm »

Run on the water using magic, like last time. There weren't any dangerous creatures last time so there won't be any now.

EDIT: How could a fire mage be responsible for a naga being inside a ship? That was obviously just a case of bad luck.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:20:26 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 01, 2015, 06:41:31 pm »

"GRUNDAR, WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY HERE! I NEED YOUR HELP."
Call Grundar over.

"Wake up, you'll be okay. I hope."
Heal Etszu using 3 +1/+1 healing essences.
When Grundar gets here, have him act like a bouncer and stop the two mages from fighting, while I take his mace of paralysis and use it to paralyze the ent parts of Etszu.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 01, 2015, 08:28:01 pm »

((Well dang. While I wait for the Treant to finally finish me off/be saved, I might make a few more with a few ideas I had rolling around in my head.))
Spoiler: The Gambler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Jail-keep (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Titan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Seer (click to show/hide)
((I have way too much fun doing these.))

Etszu attempts to wake up, or at least gain some semblance of awareness of his surroundings.
((Also, if someone were to kill 'me' after I die to the treant, would they get my shards?))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 02, 2015, 12:54:15 pm »

Is the typo in the subject intentional?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 506