Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163576 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line
« on: June 24, 2014, 08:56:53 am »

Roll to magic

You are one of the mages, capable of influencing reality around you by will alone. But such power is not always enough, sometimes, you need more, sometimes you need a catlyst. And that is why you are here, and why they are here. Dying breath of a mage can be crystalized, their power and skill traped in a physical container. Many will die today, so that you would be able to shape the universe as you desire.

Spoiler: Basic RTD rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic afinities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Soul shards (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Magic Modifiers
While you can chose what to controll or summon, should you want to do something more intricate, you will need to use the spell modifiers. Each modifier  incurs a penalty to your cast success roll. Basic mod is -1, Advanced is -2 and Master gives you -3.

For Special modifiers you can chose the level (Basic/Advanced/Master) to chose both the power of their effect and their penalty.
Spoiler: Basic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Advanced (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Master (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special modifiers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essences (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rituals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blood Power (click to show/hide)

Now with a charsheet

Spoiler: Table of Contents (click to show/hide)

anonymous suggestions/opinions.
http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/SKx6RqwLhPHh

You can cast a spell in combination with another mage. This will allow usage of both afinities, possibly reducing complexity penalty, and the total power will be combined power of all mages involved (power is roled sepperately for each one). But the success will also be roled for all mages involved seperately, so wach out for spectacular failures.

Your movement alowance is calculated as follows: (SPD roll+your bonus)/2+1

This is my first time being GM to a RTD, so if you have any sugestions, questions or balance issues, post them, and I'll answer.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:34:57 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 09:21:09 am »

Name: Kirby, Devourer of Worlds
Affinity: Transformation.
Description: A round pink ball with a face, and arms and feet, wearing a green santa hat.
STR:1
DEX:0
SPD:3
END:1
POT:3
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:01:39 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:22:09 am »

Name: James
Affinity: Healing
Description: A short man wearing a canadian ww1 medic uniform and round glasses.
Str: 1
Dex: 1
Spd: 1
End: 2
Pot: 3

Shards: 5
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:23:07 am »

Name: Ryan Feng
Affinity: Fire
Description: (will do later)
Attributes:
DEX: 1
SPD:1
POT: 4

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 09:27:40 am »

Name: Crimson
Affinity: Force
Description(optional): A man of average height with a rather long brown messy hair wearing a cloak with the hood up, obscuring most of his face.
STR=0
DEX=3
SPD=1
END=1
POT=3

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 09:29:23 am »

Name: Crimson
Affinity: Force
Description(optional): A man of average height with a rather long brown messy hair wearing a cloak with the hood up, obscuring most of his face.
STR=0
DEX=3
SPD=1
END=1
POT=3
The Force is strong in this one.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 09:34:09 am »

The Force is strong in this one.
Hahaha. It truly is. :P Though in truth, I wasn't even thinking about that when trying to come up with my affinity.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 09:35:33 am »

I'm aware. Otherwise you would have had to state 'The Force', not just Force. Imma copy yo abilities with mine, bro.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 09:40:43 am »

Name: Kirby, Devourer of Worlds
Affinity: Copying abilities of other beings.
Description: A round pink ball with a face, and arms and feet, wearing a green santa hat.
DEX:0
SPD:3
POT:3

See, now, "The abbility to copy abilities of other beings" is what I would call overpowered in its raw form. So I'll have to either limit you to Stealing seperate spells that were cast (Say, "summon mobile halberd", for example) or incur heavy penalties for copying.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 09:41:44 am »

Aww... But I'm Kirby! That's what I do! Maybe make it so I have to eat them to do so or something...

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 09:45:27 am »

Name: Wizard Wizardton the Wizard
Affinity: Magic
Description(optional): A old, bearded man in a wizard robe and hat, wearing pink bunny slippers.
STR= 0
DEX= 0
SPD= 0
END= 0
POT= 8

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 09:58:57 am »

Description(optional): A old, bearded man in a wizard robe and hat, wearing pink bunny slippers.
STR= 0
DEX= 0
SPD= 0
END= 0
POT= 8

Magic, as in Arcane?
Aww... But I'm Kirby! That's what I do! Maybe make it so I have to eat them to do so or something...
If we were to get technical, you were suposted to pick a thing or a force which would act as the keystone of all your spells, not an ability. If you want to roleplay kirby, whenever you kill somone, you could buy whatever afinity they had (10 shards).

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 10:00:06 am »

Ooooooh. That's what you meant. Gonna change my affinity, but totally doing what you suggested.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 10:02:05 am »

STR= 0
DEX= 0
SPD= 0
END= 0
POT= 8

Magic, as in Arcane?
Sure.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 10:08:40 am »

This is mostly for Darkpaladin, but worth remembering for evryone.

Whenever you cast a spell, you will need to specify how your chosen afinity fits into the spell. Look at the examples in Magic afinities if the procedure is unclear for you.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:21:08 am by DreamerGhost »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 506