Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163573 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 02:33:26 pm »

Name: Whaz the Gloomy
Affinity: Darkness
Description(optional): A very gloomy bald man with a short brown beard. He wears perfectly white shroud and worn sandals.
STR=0
DEX=0
SPD=4
END=4
POT=0
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 03:47:36 pm »

Name: Jase Blackthorn
Affinity: Aether
Description(optional): An unassuming and normal-looking man. He has no remarkable features.
STR=0
DEX=1
SPD=3
END=1
POT=3
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:51:40 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 05:59:49 pm »

Name: David Cunningham
Affinity: Runes
Description: A tall wiry albino man with an impish face.
STR=0
DEX=0
SPD=0
END=0
POT=8n
Can wizards work together for shared POT and Affinity bonuses? Also to other players: I plan to be a pacifist merchant. Please don't kill me. I will be selling rituals and magic items for soul shards, materials and/or magical favors.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 06:05:29 pm »

-snip-
Can wizards work together for shared POT and Affinity bonuses? Also to other players: I plan to be a pacifist merchant. Please don't kill me. I will be selling rituals and magic items for soul shards, materials and/or magical favors.

You can. This would combine the potency rolls, and possibly reduce complexity penalties by allowing you to trace towards the final spell from both afinities. Fire and water afinities combined would be able to controll steam with no penalty. Though spell success would be rolled for all mages involved, so chance to fail spectacularly rises exponentialy.

If I counted corectly, we have eight people here. I think I will limit active player list to eight people for now, and possibly increase the number later. Expect Turn 0 and a map tomorow.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:12:57 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 02:22:37 pm »

Turn 0
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You step out of Terminus gate along other seven mages. You were the first to answer the call, and come to this place. A magicly created island in the middle of void. You take a breath of air, and smell blooming trees off to the west. As you look around, you see a volcano off to the norteastern edge of the island that will serve as your battlefield. Few small lakes and a rather large one with large whirpool at its center surround the arcane gateway. To the south you see hills, witch rise to mountainous height towards southwest and sprout a casstle keep towards southeast.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Eight mages turned to each other recognising them. They did not think of each other as friends or enemies, most mages did not meet with each other often enough to form such relationships. But excelent memory is a requirement for those that wanted to study the art, and those that gathered here easily recognised eachother. They were known as:

Kirby, Devourer of Worlds, Master of transformation. Some would find his choice of form silly, and laughworthy. Those more offten than not would find themselves twisted in abominations, horryifying beyond their wildest nightmares.

James, Powerfull healer hailing from frozen north, his skill was legendary, and he was regarded as saint for all those he had saved. Few knew, that he was more than capable when it came to death as well.

Ryan Feng,Pyromancer of grand caliber, his fiery strenght mached only by his fiery temper. If you can see his face from under his hood, start thinking about finer points of being roasted alive.

Crimson, Powerful wielder of threads that bind all that matters together. From light curents of wind, to devastating gravity singularities, nothing is beyond his grasp. Cower, and mabye you will be spared from having to experience might that moves the universe.

Wizard Wizardton the Wizard, A mage for whom material world was not worthy of atention. His gaze can see the workings of greater things, his mind is capable of tearing reality apart. Beware, for under his satirical wizard apearance hides incomprehensible power.

Whaz the Gloomy, A shady mage who wields shady art, for darkness itself is his weapon. From lightest shade to cosmic void, all are his to command and use to smite his enemies.

Jase Blackthorn, Seemingly unasuming man, but wielding power beyond this reality, he is more than capable of warping you into a very dead corpse.

David Cunningham , Mage of not words, but symbols, capable of both enchanting and cursing. His slim demaneour masks his mountaineous force, he wields his strenght for pleasure and profit, move aside, or your bones will decorate his next creation.

Traditionaly, to avoid being caught in a maelstorm of spels, mages would agree to Cease fire for first five minnutes. But then again, a quick blast now might provide a substancial advantage, and nobody judges the winners.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll use the collors that are shown in your names to mark your possitions on the map when you innevitably scater. If you want to be sneaky, you can PM me your actions, but please still post a message that you sent out a PM. If you want your collor to be changed, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:11:38 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 02:30:13 pm »

I am known as Kirby, Devourer of Worlds. You may have heard of me, you may have not. All you need to know is that if anybody fires any spells in the next five minutes, they will be transformed into a slug.
Move away slowly from the centre, and towards the castle.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 02:45:17 pm »

I'd like to change my color. Also how far can I move in one turn?
My shop shall be located at shipwreck lake.
Onward! To profit!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 02:59:14 pm »

I'd like to change my color. Also how far can I move in one turn?
My shop shall be located at shipwreck lake.
Onward! To profit!

To which color do you wish to change?

As for movement, I'm thinking (SPD roll+bonus)/2+1.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:00:56 pm by DreamerGhost »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 03:05:00 pm »

red

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 03:12:46 pm »

Ryan the pyromancer is red, would this color do?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 03:26:57 pm »

"Mind if I join you at the shipwreck lake? I don't plan on doing much fighting, unless I have to."
Travel with that other guy.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 03:30:26 pm »

Would this color do?
""Mind if I join you at the shipwreck lake? I don't plan on doing much fighting, unless I have to.""
Travel with that other guy.
"Of course my friend. We shall double the profit!"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:32:37 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 04:11:33 pm »

To be with people is frustrating... - dully states Whaz. Then, a bit controversially to his words, he heads to the castle along the shore.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 04:25:32 pm »

"Hmm. This contest will be interesting to watch, but I do not wish to be near any of you when the ceasefire ends."
Head Southwest, towards the mountains.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 05:19:31 pm »

"Everyone sure looks interesting. Well, not that I would want to be near anyone this first five minutes."

Head towards the forest.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 506