Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41


Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1220376 times)

darkpaladin109

  • Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 05:22:47 pm »

"Ah, other mages of various caliber. Looks like the best place for me to retreat to would be that castle."
To the Castle!
Logged

4maskwolf

  • Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2014, 08:24:00 pm »

"Fire is my domain.  Do not approach."

move towards the volcano.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:26:36 pm by 4maskwolf »
Logged

BlitzDungeoneer

  • Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 10:12:27 pm »

Hey, I'm going to the castle.
Logged
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sarrak

  • Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2014, 01:01:59 am »

Seeing other mages closing on him, Whaz starts running!

Run to the castle!
Logged
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2014, 09:49:17 am »

Turn 1
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I am known as Kirby, Devourer of Worlds. You may have heard of me, you may have not. All you need to know is that if anybody fires any spells in the next five minutes, they will be transformed into a slug.
Move away slowly from the centre, and towards the castle.
To be with people is frustrating... - dully states Whaz. Then, a bit controversially to his words, he heads to the castle along the shore.
"Ah, other mages of various caliber. Looks like the best place for me to retreat to would be that castle."
To the Castle!

SPD [(6+1)/2+1=4.5
SPD [(6+1)/2+1=4.5
SPD [(2-1)/2+1=1.5

Three mages move out towards the castle, hoping to claim fortifications for the battle to come.

Kirby, shouts out a threat against all who would dishonor tradition of cese fire and  heads out. Whaz, expresses disdain for all that have come here, and heads out with the pink ball. Their walk towards the castle a quiet walking race of awkwardness.

Wizardton, also chose to travel towards fortifications, but whether it would because his mind being ravaged by power, or because his stomach couldn't handle extradimesional travel, he only managed to walk a short distance before stopping for a breather between two lakes.

I'd like to change my color. Also how far can I move in one turn?
My shop shall be located at shipwreck lake.
Onward! To profit!
"Mind if I join you at the shipwreck lake? I don't plan on doing much fighting, unless I have to."
Travel with that other guy.

SPD [(2-1)/2+1=1.5
SPD [(1)/2+1=1.5

David and James, deciding that they do not want to fight until they need to, head out towards the shipwreck lake. This could be a start of beutiful friendship, or a dangerous team. Possibly both.

"Hmm. This contest will be interesting to watch, but I do not wish to be near any of you when the ceasefire ends."
Head Southwest, towards the mountains.
"Everyone sure looks interesting. Well, not that I would want to be near anyone this first five minutes."
Head towards the forest.
"Fire is my domain.  Do not approach."

move towards the volcano.

The rest of mages decided that it would not be in their best interests to be next to a potential backstabber when cease fire ends, and headed out each on their own.

SPD [(3+1)/2+1=3

Jace, wanting to move as far away from others as he could, to engage in battle when he wants and on his terms, headed out towards southwestern mountains.  A healthy jog later, he was at the edge of grassy hills, ready to start his accent.

SPD [(4)/2+1=3

Crimson went out towards nearby woods, hoping that concealment would work out to his advantage, and that trees would serve as an offensive tool to wield with his powers. Though, it was possible that he simply liked forests, as he efortlesly walked towards the heart the woodland.

SPD [(2)/2+1=2

Ryan Feng, seeking to use magmafields as a tool in his conquest headed out towards nearby volcano. Sadly, he seemed to have caught the same plague that bothered Wizardton, and barely made it to the edge of charred forest.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

And the game is on!

Just a hint, that gateway in the middle is more that a spawn point. There are places and artifacts hidden, waiting to be found and claimed.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:14:01 pm by DreamerGhost »
Logged
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlitzDungeoneer

  • Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 09:56:39 am »

Enter the castle slowly, while checking for traps.
A castle, eh? This'll make for a good base.
Logged
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

The Froggy Ninja

  • Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 10:01:36 am »

My color is glow black not glow red.
"Do you think our shop should be floating or lakeside?"

4maskwolf

  • Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2014, 10:09:08 am »

Wait, where am I? I looked at the edge of the forest, and I don't seem to be there...

DreamerGhost

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2014, 10:13:27 am »

My color is glow black not glow red.
"Do you think our shop should be floating or lakeside?"

>_< thought it was red for some reason. Will fix in next map.

Wait, where am I? I looked at the edge of the forest, and I don't seem to be there...

Turns out that you are quite a fast walker, and you did not specify that you want to stop at the edge of the forest. Therefore, you are now in the middle of it.
Logged
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

4maskwolf

  • Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2014, 10:15:52 am »

I still don't see my figure in he burned forest...

Crimson

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 10:17:54 am »

Turns out that you are quite a fast walker, and you did not specify that you want to stop at the edge of the forest. Therefore, you are now in the middle of it.

((I think you're confusing me with 4maskwolf.  :P Checking the map, the red dot (w/ no ring) representing him is actually missing.))

Look around my current location for anything suspicious or out of place.
Logged

NAV

  • Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2014, 10:19:43 am »

"Lakeside. I don't want our shop to sink."

Is the shipwreck visible above the water?
Gather any wood I can find.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:29:55 am by NAV »
Logged
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2014, 10:35:01 am »

Turns out that you are quite a fast walker, and you did not specify that you want to stop at the edge of the forest. Therefore, you are now in the middle of it.

((I think you're confusing me with 4maskwolf.  :P Checking the map, the red dot (w/ no ring) representing him is actually missing.))

Look around my current location for anything suspicious or out of place.
I still don't see my figure in he burned forest...

>_< nr.2 Yup, I mixed you two up, and somehow failed to place maskwolfs marker. I think I had placed it, then done some ctrl+z to change some stuff, and forgot to put it down again. You are at the edge of chared forest maskwolf, on the edge of hex that is fourth from top in a row that is fourth from right.
Logged
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

4maskwolf

  • Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2014, 10:36:49 am »

What's beyond the charred forest? Is that lava or just basalt/obsidian fields?

The Froggy Ninja

  • Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2014, 10:42:47 am »

"Hold that thought. I have a plan. I'm going to draw a Ritual and I want you to pump it full of healing/growth magick okay?"
Draw a ritual of growth around a nearby tree and have James power it to make a giant tree we will build our home in.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 506