Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182336 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 20 Ascending from life
« Reply #420 on: August 14, 2014, 09:27:39 pm »

((Only guaranteed suicidal on that last one where he gets a net -3 malus.))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:29:30 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 14, 2014, 09:31:49 pm »

((And on those last two he will roll for both item and material. Anti-mater frag grenades inbound.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #422 on: August 14, 2014, 09:34:31 pm »

Well, if all goes well he will be dodging a stone wall... Hopefully he drops his swords dodging.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 14, 2014, 09:58:06 pm »

((Maybe summoning completely random items at a -3 is poorly though out.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 14, 2014, 10:08:51 pm »

Create another disease essence, then move toward the shipwreck, and explore
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 14, 2014, 10:33:13 pm »

"If I can!"

Punch the air with my right hand and manipulate the force imparted into the air to create a solid air bullet (-1) directed towards the abomination.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:38:18 pm by Crimson »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 17, 2014, 06:04:07 pm »

Turn 21

"I... Remember your face, mage. This time your soul won't escape it's fate!"

To hell with magic and everything overly complicated. I jump onto the boulder and attack the stonemaster before he can do anything.

Grow the boulder into a wall, then push it at him with magic.

As I do that, grab his two swords out of the ground.

You are alone! Only death and darkness!

SPD [3+1=4]
STR [2]

SPD [2+1=3]
DEX [5]
CMP [4]
POT [1]

Whaz was first to recover from shock, and thus, first to attack. With a mighty leap he jumped on the boulder seperating the two mages and dashed forward. Isaac, expecting such, easily sidesteped the attack and moved over the boulder, placing duo in almost exact same position they were before. Only main diference was that stonemancer now had a wall behind him. Yet Isaacs power of legs did not extend to power of spellcasting. While the spell itself was constructed splendidly, it was too weak to do anything more than make few peeble sized shards of stone fall off the boulder.

Try and make that wand again.

CMP [2]
POT [3+2=5]

David continued his experiements in storage of spells and was making progress. This time, while the wand exploded, the extent of damage was a few splinters of wood loged in his palm. Rather small price to pay seeing as explosion launched bottom part of failed wand deep enough into the earth to make it invisible from surface.

"Crimson, I'm gonna try aomething. Be ready to kill this thing if it doesn't work."
"If I can!"

Punch the air with my right hand and manipulate the force imparted into the air to create a solid air bullet (-1) directed towards the abomination.

Time to make a new friend.

SPD [5]
CMP [6+1+1-1=7]
POT [6+1+1=8]

SPD [3]
CMP [3+1-1=3]
POT [2+1=3]

SPD [2]

There are bold psychers and there are sane psychers. Jase was rapidly heading towards the former category, as insted of threading carefully, he decided to try and owerwhelm the creature with all he had. Within moments, whatever thoughts could had been within that eldrich skull were purged clean off, making the abomination seemingly freeze in place. Only the barest instincts remained, the being had no purpose or reason anymore. Aether mage would need to tell it to do even most basic things as walking, yet nevertheless, the monstrosity was now as loyal as a hammer to blacksmith.

Crimson, not entirely trusting the suden ceasmen of movement coming from abomination sent a pulse of air towards it. It pushed the creature a bit, proving that it did not just phase out from laws of physics, yet it did not react in any way.

"Grundar, do you want a weapon?"

If Grundar wants it then give him the mace.
Summon a jetpack. Summon a helmet. Summon a healing pill.

"Oh, thanks boss. This one is realy good too. Sturdy, finely balanced and above all, enchanted. Knew that you can find the best stuff"

Grundar happily acepted the mace and went out to try it by bashing off a few branches from nearby trees to keep the bonefire burning.

James made himself bussy by summoning more things, entirely undeterred by his recent failure.

CMP [6]
POT [4]
LUCK [1]
END [1]

Practicioneer of summoning this time was a tad bit confused by softness of material he had grabed from between the planes. The end result, for that fraction of a second James could see it, was a proper jetpack, oiled and with full fuel tank, made entirely out of paper and on fire. At least mage presumed that fuel tank was full, as following explosion threw him several metres back, forcing veteran healer to slide on his back almost as much. Shock did little damage, but James brain not apreciating the ride decided to shut down for a moment.
{Unconcious}

Create another disease essence, then move toward the shipwreck, and explore

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [3+1=4]
LUCK [8]

Plague Witness closed off another piece of his power for later use, this time a bit larger, and went off to explore the shipwreck that was abundant. Abundant in the middle of the lake, surounded by deep water with uncertain ammount of creatures hiding within blue depths. But by chance wind had blown one of the smaller ship remains close enough to shore that barely any swiming would be required.

I will be gone for next four days or so, with an internet acess being of dubious quality and uncertain existence. So if I messedd up something, it probably won't be fixed until thursday.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 21 Gone camping
« Reply #427 on: August 17, 2014, 06:56:03 pm »

Wake up. Heal myself if needed. Create a summoning essence or 2.

James really is a much better healer than summoner.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 17, 2014, 10:09:36 pm »

"It won't threaten us any more, Crimson. Now then, creature, tell me what affinities you possess."

Create another aether essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #429 on: August 17, 2014, 10:15:50 pm »

Melt the boulder and push the molten stone at him with magic! Then open a hole in the wall and dive through, sealing it shut behind me.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 17, 2014, 11:20:22 pm »

"O-Ok... At least that worked."

Create another force essence.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 18, 2014, 09:01:33 am »

Draw a Rite of Mindfulness around James.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 20, 2014, 08:35:22 am »

Sarak and Salsacoockies havent posted yet.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 20, 2014, 09:46:02 am »

Yeah, sorry. Waited for you for some reason I forgot.

"Time to die!"

Rush at Isaac and turn him into bloody mess!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 21, 2014, 03:47:24 pm »

head into the ship, see what's inside. Charge another essence
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 506