Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183516 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 32 Mage of indestructium
« Reply #570 on: October 01, 2014, 08:51:29 pm »

Nothing better to do, off to the vault. Craft an essence along the way
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 01, 2014, 10:34:48 pm »

"Goddammit!"

Being casted under a few floors worth of stone wasn't the best Whaz has had in his life. Really, he was SO right when he started to kill those mages on sight... An assassin! Out from the blue! And vector mage on top of that. Quite an annoying ability to deal with...

Additionally, being immobilized restricted him to using...magic! And Whaz really hated being restricted to it, considering his hard and dangerous relations with the art. Although, it may work on the assassin. He always was good at killing things... Trying to free himself, on the other hand, would be ridiculously dangerous - stones returning back into real world inside of his body were not only possible, but rather predictable.

If stone is prone to aging (cracks and crumbles), work with my sword. It may take some time...
Cast death grip (ranged) onto the mage when he gets into my sight, buying me some time. Or, preferably, stilling his heart.
Oh, and if I can free the other sword... Throwing, anyone?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:09:10 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 31 Dealing with deamons
« Reply #572 on: October 04, 2014, 06:22:12 am »

((Very nice end roll you had there.))

Aoshi smiles. This is it! The first challenge on the path!
Let's collapse entire tower on him. Once again fast motions with my rocks and transferring vectors to supporting parts of the tower. Use remaining essences.

Mental spellbook:
Spoiler: Shaked, not stirred (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 04, 2014, 07:14:19 am »

((Yeah, Whaz is ridiculously lucky when things don't come down to using magic. A bit too lucky sometimes. See other turns for sternum axe, backflip dodging from acidic geyser and climbing the tower by scaling its wall...

As for action... Collapsing a whole tower on one mage? Really? Still, I appreciate the effort!))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 04, 2014, 08:55:06 am »

Idle.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 04, 2014, 01:07:17 pm »

((There's no such thing as overkill. Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload".))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 05, 2014, 03:49:30 pm »

Turn 33
"Careful, Crimson. These obelisks are in balance right now. If you disturb one of them, the results could be catastrophic. Although if you give me a little while to prepare, I believe I have a spell that might use them to our advantage."

Make two aether essences.

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [3]
POT [3]

The power here was truly great, but it was wild, meaningless, easily controlable. Jase could already see it in his mind, a slight nudge here, opening a path there, it will be easy! But even something as minor as directing it will require strength. But there were esenses for that.

"Alright. I'll head up and check around."

Fly up and look around for anything else interesting.

LUCK [4]

Force mage blasted upwards with ease, his wings were fully rested from previous flight. Yet as Crimson looked around he saw nothing but mushroom tops. Mushrooms and some rather large birds. Somewhat nasty looking large birds. With long talons and sharp beaks. They did not look agresive. Probably. For now at least.

Not quite enough essenses. I'm weary to use the chaos essenses for this. Craft 4 more.
While I'm at it, try searching the water for any treasure, maybe the mech stirred something up.

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [2+1+1=4]
CMP [4]
POT [4+1+1-1=5]
CMP [5+1-2=4]
POT [6]
CMP [4+1-3=2]
POT [2+1+1-3=1]
LUCK [1]

James was geting ready for his next move. A few more esenses joined the stash of power. Deciding to go look for some fresh air and possibly some treasure, mage finished the champane and opened the door to outside. The air was fine, yet possible loot was lacking. Probably floated away on the waves while mech was hard at work. Just as James started thinking abaut going back inside a strange noise atracted his atention. Just behind him a summoning vortex opened and from it a pair of cyborg doctor octopus in cloaks walked forth.  From their vox units a bunch of static spilled forth, and then one of them pointed at James. "You. How did you steal our walker prototype?"

Nothing better to do, off to the vault. Craft an essence along the way

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [3+1=4]
LUCK [2]
END [4+1=5]

Creating an esense was still as easy as ever, and so, Witness set forth. He reached the vault quicly, surprisingly quicly. Entrance to the vault opened beneath his feet when plague mage believed that it was still some hundret meters away. Needless to say, the sudden fall was quite surprising. Yet not surprising enough to cause injury, plague mage landed on his feet and roled suffering no damage beyond some minor pain in the feet.

"Goddammit!"

If stone is prone to aging (cracks and crumbles), work with my sword. It may take some time...
Cast death grip (ranged) onto the mage when he gets into my sight, buying me some time. Or, preferably, stilling his heart.
Oh, and if I can free the other sword... Throwing, anyone?

Aoshi smiles. This is it! The first challenge on the path!
Let's collapse entire tower on him. Once again fast motions with my rocks and transferring vectors to supporting parts of the tower. Use remaining essences.

Mental spellbook:

SPD [2+1=3] vs [5]

CMP [5+2=7]
POT [1+2+1=4]
LUCK [5]

END [4]
LUCK [6]

The great guide shouted out a command and for the first time here he was faced with failure. Some of the bricks that made up the tower flew out of walls and fell inwards, yet the tower remained upright.

Whaz meanwhile, was doing quite a bit better. Few falling bricks fell on the pile that had traped him, their impact noticable but not painfull. The bricks proved suceptible to his sword too, although they still took quite a while to break. So far, shadow mage managed to get both of his hands and the backup sword free, though his chest and legs were still weighted down by stone.

Idle.

LUCK [8]

Whatever the strange creature was, it walked away without as much as looking at Alexander. "The being knew what it was dealing with well", thought the Weaponmaster.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 33 Adeptus Recoverus
« Reply #577 on: October 05, 2014, 05:09:21 pm »

"Steal? I summoned this! Sorry, but I can't let you take it away."
Use my healing magic to regrow where flesh was replaced by cybernetics, forcing the cybernetics off their bodies. Use all my healing essences.
Then get back in my mech and stand up.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 05, 2014, 05:50:17 pm »

Make a summoning essence, then an aether essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 06, 2014, 11:09:06 am »

"Hmm, that's odd... Well, there's always other ways."
Enter to line of sight with shadow mage and cast Shaked, not stirred on him.

Mental spellbook:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:23:28 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 06, 2014, 12:29:14 pm »

"Hmm, that's odd... Well, there's always other ways."
Let's cast Shaked, not stirred on shadow mage.

Mental spellbook:

You are going to need Line of Sight for that one.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 06, 2014, 12:40:14 pm »

"When I will get out... That fool will pay. Dearly!"

Mustering my desire for murder, I try to finally free myself. When I see a vector mage - still his heart and throw normal sword point-first!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 06, 2014, 01:09:19 pm »

Create (-1) an iron(-1) sword.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 06, 2014, 05:29:27 pm »

Look around, see if there's anything that stands out
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 07, 2014, 03:22:02 am »

Head back down and create two force essences.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 506