Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182757 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 87 Impact punch and desperate restoration
« Reply #1875 on: June 02, 2015, 02:03:43 pm »

"I owe you greatly, healer mage!"
"You're welcome. Now let's take down that dragon!"
Summon an anti-dragon bolt, using 3 +1/+1 essences. Load it into my crossbow and shoot the dragon.

((Remind GM that the treehouse is wearing an amulet of magic resistance, just in case someone is trying to cause harm to it.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: June 02, 2015, 03:06:57 pm »

((First off I was burning it so magic resistance wouldn't have helped.))

((Second off, can I give up this character, without killing him, I don't really have any plans that don't involve burning down a tree and angering the deadly healer, maybe Dwen can just wander around and share drinks with anyone who wants to.  I'm not quitting the RTD just this character.))

((If not...))

This land is too crazy I should have never come here, THE TREE WANTS TO KILL ME, well I won't give it the pleasure

turn my blood into alcohol, suiciding by drinking too much and sacrificing myself to the alcohol god to become one of its eternal brewers
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:55:50 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 02, 2015, 03:46:06 pm »

((You can, though I am somewhat saddened by it. You could had done some fun stuff with Alcohol.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 02, 2015, 04:04:33 pm »

((You can, though I am somewhat saddened by it. You could had done some fun stuff with Alcohol.))

((I know but my mind got on something else and alcohol just feels tame compared to how much I could wreck everyone, I'll commit suicide because it seems funnier maybe my god likes it and smites the tree for me who knows.  Maybe someone else could pick alcohol and wreck everyone through drinks, but it's not going to be me.))

((Did I mention methonal burns in contact with oxygen.))

((My next character:))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:53:06 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 03, 2015, 12:10:15 am »

If you're going for batman, why have you dumped STR and END and pumped POT. If you want an authentic batman, your POT should be zero, and your physical stats should be at least ones, with two threes in either END, DEX, or STR.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 03, 2015, 12:22:45 am »

If you're going for batman, why have you dumped STR and END and pumped POT. If you want an authentic batman, your POT should be zero, and your physical stats should be at least ones, with two threes in either END, DEX, or STR.

((I'm not per say going for remaking batman but taking on qualities of batman that don't include physical stats, and because batman.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 03, 2015, 07:09:55 am »

((Oh, ho.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 03, 2015, 01:35:12 pm »

Look around a bit, making [2] essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: June 03, 2015, 01:39:21 pm »

i want to join tho.
Name:Harden
Affinity:spatial dimensions (bigger on the inside,smaller on the outside,the spooky scary forest magic where you get lost but keep ending up in the same place again)
Description: Someone who would look devilishly handsome,if it werent for his overly large,floppy ears.And no,he is no doctor poo.He is wearing a white trenchcoat-robe His eyes are green. His hair is black.
STR=1
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=1
POT=4
If i can join immediately,Move for blackened trees near the volcano,and get a random +1 from shards
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:41:05 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: June 03, 2015, 01:43:39 pm »

((Yeah, you've got a problem. Everybody starts with 5 shards, and that's only enough to get a random stat boost- you can't choose your stat point with only 5 shards. And with an affinity like that... you might need to come up with some example spells.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: June 03, 2015, 01:47:31 pm »

((Yeah, you've got a problem. Everybody starts with 5 shards, and that's only enough to get a random stat boost- you can't choose your stat point with only 5 shards. And with an affinity like that... you might need to come up with some example spells.))
Fixed my post then.
EDIT:fixed again. too many ideases.
EDITEDIT: again edited.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:55:43 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: June 03, 2015, 02:30:38 pm »

So yeah, between my internet being a bit crap right now and half(?) of players having not posted yet, next turn will be tomorow.

@Magmaholic, I will still probably want you to think up some example spells. Partialy so that I would know what to expect and so that you wouldn't go in expecting things to work one way before I declare that they won't.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: June 03, 2015, 02:33:33 pm »

@Magmaholic, I will still probably want you to think up some example spells.
Loop-Moving leads to starting point

Distance-Increase/shorten distance between destination.

Bigger/smaller inside--Increase/Decrease volume of container

Bigger/smaller outside-Shrink/Expand target
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:38:34 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: June 03, 2015, 02:37:21 pm »

Ohh I can see some hillarious failed spell results allready. You are in, and will apear next turn.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: June 03, 2015, 02:58:13 pm »

((My mansion is smaller on the inside! None could probably do some of that with his affinity.))
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 506