Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183399 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 96 Suspicious and illegal terraforming
« Reply #2205 on: July 05, 2015, 12:41:22 pm »

No need to bump.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 05, 2015, 12:45:30 pm »

((I said that I would update four hours earlier, not eight))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 05, 2015, 12:51:59 pm »

PM'd action.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 05, 2015, 05:35:30 pm »

Turn 97

"Let's get a look around the castle."
Go around the castle, look for any kind of opening on the sides. 1 Electric Essence.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eternas mood quickly turned, as he spied a window over a pile of rubble that was just high enough to reach the window above. After getting up and inside, Eternas smiled, as before him he saw a corridor barely touched by the collapse.

"What do you plan to do with that immense power, sir? Please don't use it to kill me. No, really. Er, volcano god stuff, right? Surely you've angered it enough for something awesome and terrible to happen."
Continue walking to Harden, creating 3 more essences.

Doctor moved off to meet the mage of space. Truly, a most interesting meeteing. Time and space together, what could stand against such duo that wields reality itself? Overjoyed, Doctor barely noticed that one of his essences went critical. Suddenly, he was standing next to Harden with no memory of how he got there. Time magic shouldnt had erased his memories, this was something different. Did it move him forward in time until he arrived at the destination?
{Paradox 1/10}

yessss....power......but I need more. I cannot allow the project to go awry. hehehahahahahhaha....-AHEM- yes. i should probly stop talking to myself, entertaining as it is, and get back to work.

make 3 more essences

Flare was meditating, gathering more power. Also, practicing his mad scientist impression and waiting for the chainsaw to finish cooling. A bit of multitasking that resulted in at least one task being completed, as the chainsaw was now cold enough to use.

"... I think I'm ready now... of course not. This is a deathmatch between MAGES! How am I possibly going to win?"

"Success probability 0%. Recommended action: acquire shards, crush 10 shards for a special affinity. See options in appendix 2 of the pamphlet."

"Wait, did I turn you on? I think not."

No response.

Make three bees essences. Then head north. I've got fighting to do. Have my minions follow me.

Jonas felt ready; he now had weapons enough to face even strongest of enemies.  He went northwards, reaching one of the smaller lakes, elf following after and bees trailing after him as a single cloud. Who would be first?

"I think it's dead! But something seems off."

Summon landing gear onto my plane. Make 2 summoning essences. Keep circling the dragon.

Ability to repair any damage plane sustained without interrupting flight - a dream off every pilot. For now, those wanting included James, as landing gear materialized slightly below where it should had, and unsupported, disappeared within the water below. The only good news was that dragon was still unmoving.

If i have essences left,use all of them to teleport the contents of the volcano into the blood lake.
if not,make 3 essences.
Hip-thrust towards the volcano for good measure. What kind of god acts like a beggar? Get your own damn shards.

The time mage was, ironically, taking his sweet time to get here, so harden decided to use this pause productively by taunting the creature inside the volcano out where he could see it. Mere three hi trusts later, the effort was rewarded. Tip of the volcano began to crack, and a singular magma rock flew out and with a loud screech sailed through the air towards the offending mage. Harden had just enough time to move away before it fell to the ground, melting a bit of ice where he had just stood.

Two more aether essences.
Two force essences then one explosion essence.

Crimson and Jase were splitting their time between meditating and sneaking a peek at Eterna, clumsily climbing a pile of rocks. It was a experience they would not need to have, as they both were able to fly. It was the same smug superiority that most elven races felt permanently, but the duo had the justification that it hurt like hell to get those wings.

Greetings ancient protectors of this forest and the Fountain of Magic it holds, I bear you, nor this forest no ill will but I require the use of this fountain.  I Myself bear you no ill will but they're other mages out there that could and would do this forest harm.  I am just an alcohol Mage and I would not benefit from destroying this forest, not when I can use the land's bounty to brew delicious drinks for those like minded.  With your permission, o mighty ent, I would harness the power that lies withen the well and drive back all the mages that seek to do you and this forest harm.

talkity talk

The treants listen to Dwen speak before largest of them, decorated with leaves of purple and red speaks. You think to trick us? We know full well what would happen if you took over the Fountain of Life, wizard. You shall not be allowed to destroy this. Brothers, remove the intruder! At these words, two green treats and one with purple leaves start to close in on the brewer.

"No... couldn't be."
Make 2 more essences.

Gambler dismissed the absurd thought and sank back into his meditations. Yet when he opened his eyes again, the dragon was still there, not a scale out of place, as if it had been frozen solid.

Go into the forest,look for birds
If no birds are found,make 2 bird essences

{Color accepted}

Seva moved off to the forest, seeking to find some birds which he liked so much. There was a strange creature lying on the other side of the lake, a lizard like in appearance. Only when he saw the head did Seva understand that he had seen a dragon. Destroying wings like that was rather cruel, yet dragons were dangerous and harmful creatures who loved hunting birds so he did not feel too angry about it. Soon, Seva had reached the forest and proper search for flying creatures could begin. Seva could already hear some songs of the flying ones in the distance.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

{One and a half hour late behind desired schedule, but two and a half hour ahead of usual one. Improvement I guess?}
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:55:27 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 05, 2015, 05:50:25 pm »

I have some ideas.
Quick Modifier: Can only work in projectiles. Damage is multiplied by one and half, rounded down. Reduces dodge roll by POT(or CMP, you choose)/4, rounded down, but 1 reduction on the dodge roll always exists.
Cluster Modifier: Allows summoning of multiple objects at the same time, but individually smaller.
Trigger Modifier: Triggers an Modifier when certain condition is achieved(eg. Ethereal when touched something 5 times).
Sense-Extension Modifier: Allows you to sense from an object(Normally can only be used to extend touch, but the more POT you use at this modifier you can smell, hear and even see from the object).
That's okay if you reject this. Of course, yes.

Added to spell modifier list.

((On a side note, I wonder whether a properly constructed solid-lightening heart would be function as both a typical heart and a method of revival.))
((I think I recall DreamerGhost commenting on preventing the solidification of things that really shouldn't be, like fire. I doubt the flow of electrons, otherwise known as electricity, could be considered something with enough tangibility to be made "solid." Lightning is just electricity flowing through the air. Besides, if the result was a heart made of solid electrons, you'd likely create a rather large explosion/discharge. Or not, if the magic is powerful enough that the electrons don't decide to go anywhere, which would be a very interesting material, indeed... functioning properly as a heart though? Who knows!))

This only applied to summoning.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 97 Exploring castles and volcanoes
« Reply #2210 on: July 05, 2015, 06:26:41 pm »

"Oh no. Oh no no no no. 'Ey actually killed it. Not good. Not good at all. A dragon is predicable. 'ese people arn't"
The Gambler heads off to the forest making an essence as he travels.
If he gets there, he tries to find a suitable branch to serve as a weapon/wand-like item, making an essence as he does so.
Else, he makes another essence.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:24:47 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: July 05, 2015, 06:26:56 pm »

No tricks, no tricks at all because I honestly don't know what would happen if I took used part of the fountain of life's power, so tell me o'mighty ents, please tell me what would happen if I harnessed the power of this pool, hopefully before you crush me.

talk with the ents calm them down, if they still advance back away
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 05, 2015, 07:21:50 pm »

make 2 bird essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: July 05, 2015, 09:33:46 pm »

"Well. Thus the battle... eh I'm outnumbered."

"Outnumbered is relative. All you have to do is be a good enough mage."

"But I'm certainly not good enough!"

"Bah. Your perceptions are skewed. It is time to access the competitive side of your affinity."

Spasms of electricity expand from the visor, wracking the poor apiarist.

"AGHHHH!!!"

A few moments later, Jonas stood again, with a new perspective taken.

"Come. We will destroy the enemies of the Swarm, and of me by extension."

Jonas walks up to the purple legged man and applies a salvo of kicks. Anyone who interferes is hit with a PM spell. The elf minion will aid me in killing him, but his first priority will be defending me from anyone who would interfere. My bees will hang back and not act, unless I am attacked(not by the purple legged man, by another mage), in which case they will devote themselves to the purpose of stinging the offender's(not mine!) neck.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 05, 2015, 11:12:26 pm »

MOAR POWAH. 3 more spatial essences.
"lolN00b,sw3gm8 l3rn 2 21m"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:14:10 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 06, 2015, 01:36:46 am »

"That's a good entrance. Now for things, let's look at the throne room first. But where is the throne room? Better i look for it."
Look for the throne room.
((EDIT: Blitzdungeonner's (EEDIT: And some other) corpse never exists in the charsheet. What?))
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:08:39 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 06, 2015, 11:37:59 am »

"That's a good entrance. Now for things, let's look at the throne room first. But where is the throne room? Better i look for it."
Look for the throne room.
((EDIT: Blitzdungeonner's (EEDIT: And some other) corpse never exists in the charsheet. What?))

((Some mages died before charsheet was created, and thus, are not in it.))

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: July 07, 2015, 05:53:28 am »

Due to my previous attempts in body armor being a failure, this time, I will use force created with my spear to try and create a cloak made of solid (-1) force. Then one force essence after the attempt.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: July 07, 2015, 04:39:11 pm »

Try again for landing gear, use all non-chaos essences. Then 3 more summoning essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 08, 2015, 06:52:37 am »

Okay, erm, I'm here now. Huh.
Create two essences. Study recent warpings in the timestream, particularly that which brought me here.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 506