Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182300 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 105 Resisting the swarm is useless,bow to new overlords
« Reply #2505 on: August 10, 2015, 02:29:37 pm »

Quote from: thegamemaster1234
I think my turn was missed.

Fixed.
Have a new sheet, then.
Name: Alexander the Second
Affinity: Swords
Description: An almost perfect replica of his father, Alexander, were it not for his much younger appearance. Because, well, he is. Much younger, that is.
STR: 1
DEX: 2
SPD: 1
END: 0
POT: 4

That okay?
((ahem))
It is OK. You will enter on next turn.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 106 Most harmless combat
« Reply #2506 on: August 10, 2015, 03:11:33 pm »

I don't want to carry around either a big cube or a weapon all the time, so try to turn my glass multitool into an armguard. Ideally it would cover my whole arm and hand, and have powered joints to increase strength. A non-powered armguard would be okay too though. Mostly I think it would be cool to type on my armguard then have a weapon or tool pop out. Don't really expect it to prevent much physical damage being made of glass.

If I have time with all the tinkering summon 3 more healing pills.

While tinkering ask Grundar:
"Do you mind finding and bringing back Azenfar's body? I want to give him a proper burial. It's the least I can do since I failed to save him."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: August 10, 2015, 03:13:56 pm »

I completely missed the cube part. Damnit.

EDDIT: Apparently for the best. Since you posted action and not complaint it will happen this turn. I did roll a d10 and got a 1. It would had exploded in your face.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:15:58 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: August 10, 2015, 03:17:52 pm »

S'allright, that's what happens when I cram too many things into one post. Next turn works.

Edit: haha wow. Lucky that didn't happen. I really should get something to increase my luck, eh?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:19:48 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: August 10, 2015, 04:59:20 pm »

"the core needs to be...smart as a dog maybe?  (sigh) and then binding it all together....im not sure if this engine is going to be enough"

more power while I puzzle out the logistics
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: August 11, 2015, 09:40:38 am »

A new puzzle?? What joy!!

Put on the thaumic disruptor backpack. Put together the new puzzle with a weapon in mind. 2 more essences.

((Some side questions:
If someone obtained essences for an affinity that person does not have or is not directly relative to the spell being cast, can those essences be used to negate a malus relating to the essence's affinity? Say I have summoning and want to summon a crossbow; normally I would take a malus for specifying a crossbow, but if I also had a weapons essence for whatever reason, could it be used to negate the malus?

What would happen if someone had affinity affinity??))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: August 12, 2015, 12:11:24 am »

A new puzzle?? What joy!!

Put on the thaumic disruptor backpack. Put together the new puzzle with a weapon in mind. 2 more essences.

((Some side questions:
If someone obtained essences for an affinity that person does not have or is not directly relative to the spell being cast, can those essences be used to negate a malus relating to the essence's affinity? Say I have summoning and want to summon a crossbow; normally I would take a malus for specifying a crossbow, but if I also had a weapons essence for whatever reason, could it be used to negate the malus?

What would happen if someone had affinity affinity??))
They could temporarily grant themselves an affinity (for a round or two), temporarily steal affinities, and/or prevent someone else from using one of their affinites. They would be very versatile, but would find themselves unable to perform many long-term projects, due to only being able to make essences of an affinity when they have it available, likely halving or thirding essence production of non-Affinity essences. They would be a jack-of-all-trades, master of none.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: August 12, 2015, 01:17:06 am »

((Question for DG if you were to switch bodies would your potentency and comptency move with you since your mind wouldn't change, also would you still have the same affinity?))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: August 12, 2015, 01:31:46 am »

((Question for DG if you were to switch bodies would your potentency and comptency move with you since your mind wouldn't change, also would you still have the same affinity?))
((It's happened before. Potency, competency, and affinity all stay the same.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: August 12, 2015, 05:41:33 am »

((How much chains to break are left?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: August 12, 2015, 06:27:59 am »

((How much chains to break are left?))

((None, you are free to claim the throne.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: August 12, 2015, 07:53:12 am »

((Chains that are into the walls, i mean.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: August 12, 2015, 08:47:29 am »

((Chains that are into the walls, i mean.))

((I meant those. You are free to fly out and demand to be led to your Space Marines.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: August 12, 2015, 11:24:23 am »

Two more aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: August 12, 2015, 11:50:22 am »

Three more essences.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 506