Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183232 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 114 Calm before the storm
« Reply #2745 on: September 06, 2015, 06:41:07 pm »

((Hmm. I can improve your luck in general (either through enchanting trinkets or directly), which will help you with diplomacy and searching, though you can probably apply it to other situations. Alternatively, I can enchant something with more eccentric enchantments, which I'll need more direct input to make, but offers more interesting effects.))

((I'd say either a small (3 to 4 essences) permanent buff for a medium amount of information, or a custom enchantment for a varying amount of information, but we'd have to discuss that one further.))

((I would tell you what the gate does, how to use it, how to decrease the activation cost, and how to influence the result. Activating it is pretty expensive, but has a very significant impact on the island as a whole. The effect doesn't necessarily benefit you over anyone else, though.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:47:59 pm by Whisperling »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: September 06, 2015, 06:53:42 pm »

Hello,can you tell me anything about this tree?

Make two essences,walk closer to the tree if I don't an answer
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: September 06, 2015, 07:17:31 pm »

((I would tell you what the gate does, how to use it, how to decrease the activation cost, and how to influence the result. Activating it is pretty expensive, but has a very significant impact on the island as a whole. The effect doesn't necessarily benefit you over anyone else, though.))
((For the custom enchant or the bonus? I'd give the bonus for just what the gate does and how to avoid causing it to collapse or something like that, because I don't really have any plans involving breaking it for the moment. I want to get some more luck buffs and then an item to convert those into something a bit more wide-reaching before I do anything too crazy.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:24:16 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: September 06, 2015, 08:29:03 pm »

((For the custom enchant or the bonus? I'd give the bonus for just what the gate does and how to avoid causing it to collapse or something like that, because I don't really have any plans involving breaking it for the moment. I want to get some more luck buffs and then an item to convert those into something a bit more wide-reaching before I do anything too crazy.))

((I'm thinking I'll go with the bonus, for practicality. That said, if you ever want more info, I would definitely be interested in purchasing some fun, luck-based artifact.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: September 06, 2015, 08:33:04 pm »

((I'm thinking I'll go with the bonus, for practicality. That said, if you ever want more info, I would definitely be interested in purchasing some fun, luck-based artifact.))
((We have a deal then! I'll just finish my current one with James, then I'll head over and give you the bonus in exchange for the info.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: September 06, 2015, 08:54:28 pm »

"Alright, here's your mask. What do you need this thing for, if you don't mind me asking? Not that it's a bad thing to have on hand, I've accidentally gassed myself a few times now."
Give the gas mask to Shias.

Use a couple essences to summon an...adamantine shield of regeneration, using both my affinities. That should make a nice trade good.
Then one healing and one summoning essence.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: September 07, 2015, 02:04:40 am »

To James: "Ah, thank you. Well, I need it to protect my lungs and mind from harmful substances that happen to be present in area where I need to work."

Chatting with the tree house: "There are many ways to do battle. Most mages prefer flashy techniques, some learn from the nature and adapt slow, enduring and ultimately effective techniques. All mages, even my kind, have one reason to be here: to further my goals. But to expand it more, I'm here because I'm on quest for forest spirits on west, and because to complete that quest I need specific item that I cannot realiably make by myself, which led me to the local summoner who in turn asked me to talk to you, which is something I would have done anyway, seeing your unusual appearance. What have caused that, if you don't mind me asking?"

And three essences.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:25:49 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: September 07, 2015, 02:38:11 am »

((Guys, guys! I just had a great idea! But I'll need a truce and maybe some help from the mages at the portal. Would you all be amenable to this?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: September 07, 2015, 02:53:04 am »

((Guys, guys! I just had a great idea! But I'll need a truce and maybe some help from the mages at the portal. Would you all be amenable to this?))

((Depends on what you want. While I'm not at the portal, I'm very close.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: September 07, 2015, 02:59:18 am »

((Pretty much just not attacking me, holding off on spells until I get mine done, and a few essences from each mage if they can spare any. The more essences the better. And it's something that'll benefit everyone. Could add a whole new dimension for the PvE and non-violent players. Can't really share too much more or else I might get nerfed. Again.  :P But it'll be awesome.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: September 07, 2015, 03:17:30 am »

Go to the spawn.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: September 07, 2015, 03:28:45 am »

((Pretty much just not attacking me, holding off on spells until I get mine done, and a few essences from each mage if they can spare any. The more essences the better. And it's something that'll benefit everyone. Could add a whole new dimension for the PvE and non-violent players. Can't really share too much more or else I might get nerfed. Again.  :P But it'll be awesome.))
((Non-aggerssion is no problem, but further assistance requires greater disclosure. In IC, if possible, despite us being metagaming bastards.

BTW, DeamerGhost: Do penalty from spell modifiers apply to competence, potency or both rolls?))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:52:23 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: September 07, 2015, 03:45:38 am »

((I'm making a base. Which Jase will explain to whoever is there once he gets there.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: September 07, 2015, 03:52:01 am »

((Sounds like something I could support, but on the other hand it might cause compilations for my plan. Or perhaps it might even help. Hmm. Gotta wait and see.))
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: September 07, 2015, 04:11:34 am »

((Non-aggerssion is no problem, but further assistance requires greater disclosure. In IC, if possible, despite us being metagaming bastards.

BTW, DeamerGhost: Do penalty from spell modifiers apply to competence, potency or both rolls?))

((Only to CMP))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 506