Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183179 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 114 Calm before the storm
« Reply #2775 on: September 08, 2015, 06:22:42 am »

EDIT: What about holding a first mage council after creating a suitable tower at the starting square? Every active mage seems to be drawn back to portal now.
((If you want that, i could use my gold-affinity throne. And yes, i agree to the council meeting.))
((Anyone want to buy my golden throne? 3 shards is the minimum price, and if 2 people or more want to buy the throne the throne goes to the highest bidder. It gives gold affinity. Honestly through, i don't know this is IC or OOC.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: September 08, 2015, 08:04:23 am »

((Oh oh! And I can use my metal affinity to make supports! Steel pillars with gold etchings anyone's?))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 08, 2015, 08:47:04 am »

((I am also in accordance with this council tower. It could use some automated defenses, eh?))
"MWEHEHEHEHEEE! My plan is complete! The final step is only to prepare... Oh, hello Bob! You wouldn't mind protecting me while I do crazy?"
Go a little ways back from the jet... then craft essences until one collapses. Obviously watch for this. Oh, and try to stay a little close to the dinosaur, for protection and happenstance. If something bad starts to happen, try to use thaumic disruptor to stop it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 09:07:55 am by thegamemaster1234 »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: September 08, 2015, 09:54:36 am »

There is one teensy little problem with building the meeting hall at spawn- spawn is covered in an anti-magic field to prevent spawn-killing, so it's going to be really hard to (magically) build a structure there, unless Beirus is trying to turn off the AMF field. Maybe we could build it somewhere else, like NAV's forest or the treant's forest.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:56 am »

((What about by the lake in the forest? Or above the lake....or that volcano...))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: September 08, 2015, 10:02:08 am »

((Not the Treant Forest please, well everyone is contributing something, I guess I can provide refreshments?))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: September 08, 2015, 10:24:17 am »

There is one teensy little problem with building the meeting hall at spawn- spawn is covered in an anti-magic field to prevent spawn-killing, so it's going to be really hard to (magically) build a structure there, unless Beirus is trying to turn off the AMF field. Maybe we could build it somewhere else, like NAV's forest or the treant's forest.
((Well, well. If you haven't done something horribly wrong with our spawn point when I was absent, I'm pretty sure it has NO means of duel prevention. At the very start of this game, DG was probably shocked we choose to withdraw peacefully before killing each other. Anyway, offing newcomers is a bad taste.

I'd say we'll choose the best course of action when we actually gather and start planning IC. I predict many horrific and awesome ideas born from heated magic dispute.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: September 08, 2015, 10:55:05 am »

((Not the Treant Forest please, well everyone is contributing something, I guess I can provide refreshments?))
What if all of the treants within a several tile radius were zombies under my control?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: September 08, 2015, 11:11:02 am »

(This meeting hall/tower/ fortress shall need guardians. I can provide them.)

Hello, Jiksap. What is that thing you've been working on? If you need more magic power, I'd be happy to provide it.

Summon another obedient Deinonychus. Then, if Jiksap agrees, join with him in whatever spell might be required.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: September 08, 2015, 01:10:45 pm »

((I'm not casting yet, and dinosaur magic may not be entirely practical here.))
"IT'S A SECRET!! And dinosaur magic could interfere with the machinery, sadly. I'm sure we could team up on upgrading one of your pets, but now is not the time."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: September 08, 2015, 02:09:16 pm »

((Well, well. If you haven't done something horribly wrong with our spawn point when I was absent, I'm pretty sure it has NO means of duel prevention. At the very start of this game, DG was probably shocked we choose to withdraw peacefully before killing each other. Anyway, offing newcomers is a bad taste.

I'd say we'll choose the best course of action when we actually gather and start planning IC. I predict many horrific and awesome ideas born from heated magic dispute.))

((It was a simple choice with no extra thought attached. The spawn does have some safeguards, including one that makes those who enter practically invulnerable for their first turn. It was even used once.))

((As for general non-murder that is happening, it does slightly confuse me. There is no waitlist. You either win or come to fight again. Some artifacts I allowed only because I thought that their overpowerdnes would be nerfed by dragging everyone and their dog into wanting the artifact and willing to take it from a dead body. Kahels orb allows rerolling all 1's, changing your chance to fail horribly from 1/6 to 1/36. Why does he still have it?))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: September 08, 2015, 02:24:19 pm »

((As for general non-murder that is happening, it does slightly confuse me. There is no waitlist. You either win or come to fight again. Some artifacts I allowed only because I thought that their overpowerdnes would be nerfed by dragging everyone and their dog into wanting the artifact and willing to take it from a dead body. Kahels orb allows rerolling all 1's, changing your chance to fail horribly from 1/6 to 1/36. Why does he still have it?))
((There is no reason for main triad (James-Jase-Crimson) to fight between themselves and they mostly leave new mages to dwell while pursuing knowledge. A fine choice. But new players have very low aggression, considering that they would benefit from fighting the most. I think a some sort of global event is needed at/after the council, as to promote bloodshed.

As for my staff... I'm simly too good at survival (running away), diplomacy (exploiting the weak) and being neither strong nor weak (triad can finish me, but it won't be so simple for newer mages).))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: September 08, 2015, 02:33:23 pm »

((It was a simple choice with no extra thought attached. The spawn does have some safeguards, including one that makes those who enter practically invulnerable for their first turn. It was even used once.))

Well, we're kind of just plotting right now. I suspect that a few plans will fire off soon and cause some nice fireworks, causing a chain reaction of combats that are caused by people taking advantage of the depleted resources of other combatants.

What are the actual effects of the wards that surround the entrance portal? Can we use the entrance portal to go to other places?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: September 09, 2015, 12:53:31 am »

"Thank you. I will bring my friend back with me soon. May I bring this crab on my journeys so that it can help me find my way back here when I return? Oh, and I realize I never introduced myself. I am Jase Blackthorn."

Exit the cave and start heading back to the entrance portal. Two aether essences on the way. Leave the crab with the golem if I can't take it with me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:22:39 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: September 09, 2015, 05:31:21 am »

Use a simple scanning spell to determine whether there's anything useful or valuable in the area. Two knowledge essences afterwards.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 506