Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182538 times)

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 120 Trollnaping and real estate
« Reply #3120 on: October 10, 2015, 04:54:44 am »

One more game of essence roulette (whilst within the fortress aura). If I succeed in not killing myself, embark on an expedition to the eastern desert.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: October 10, 2015, 07:28:58 am »

PM'd action.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: October 10, 2015, 09:21:55 am »

craft two essences. Then venture into the castle

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: October 10, 2015, 12:44:11 pm »

((Considering this game's slow update time, I've decided to try to play it again, despite my life's circumstances. Posting enough to play this game shouldn't be too hard.))

Spoiler: Old King Coal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: For Flavor Purposes... (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: First Turn: (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: October 10, 2015, 01:11:48 pm »

((Considering this game's slow update time, I've decided to try to play it again, despite my life's circumstances. Posting enough to play this game shouldn't be too hard.))

Spoiler: Old King Coal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: For Flavor Purposes... (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: First Turn: (click to show/hide)
Meet me in the fortress if you desire an alliance.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: October 11, 2015, 08:13:27 am »

Love the backstory. 10/10
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: October 11, 2015, 12:54:30 pm »

((Good to see you again!))

"Fascinating... Such power was to be expected, yet... Good, good."

To the chamber! Make an ice throne or something. And two essences just before we begin.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 119 Deals with divinity
« Reply #3127 on: October 11, 2015, 04:55:17 pm »

Turn 121

"Seems i need to add another chair, just in case, but i still need to prepare something other."

4 Electric Essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eterna looked around. His golden throne was nice, but maybe not nice enough. There were other options of course, but that would likely need to wait until the council had finished. Then again, it seemed that mages were in no great hurry to gather.

Three force essences while waiting for the council to start.

Crimson sat down on one of the beanbags. It was soft but not too much, he only sunk some thirty centimeters, just enough to touch the bottom of his wings. It would seem that the idea of special seats for those with wings was a success.

Anyway On To The Turn:
"This blade is even better a blade than I could have imagined!!(Thank you Hephestus). Although come to think of the council will be meeting soon for real this time. I'd better find my way there."

Action: Use the castle's built in place-finder in order to find a path to the council room, learning the layout on the way in addition to making 3 blade essences.

Skeliborn admired his sword for a while, before going off towards the summoned castle. Reaching the council chambers proved to be as easy as walking up a staircase within the tallest tower and turning left. While convenient, that left knowledge of any possible layout rather lacking.

"Ah good its all in order, well then to the council chamber."

Head to the council chamber, and when I get there make three essences.

Deciding that any potential visitors of the bar were likely to be within the council chambers right about now, Dwen too left his bar and went off looking. Soon, he found large double doors wide open, and several mages gathered within the room. Any sort of discussion seemed to have not yet begun, as most of those gathered were still testing out various chairs.

"Thank you Viznor. Now there's no time to lose I must go rescue that troll! Damn I'm going be late for the council. Oh well."

Run to Grundar!
Forge 3 summoning essences and attempt to turn the omnicube into a chainsaw on the way there. I hope I can somehow talk my way out of this but it's best to be prepared.

James had to chose between getting to the council on time and helping out Grundar. It was not a hard choice, and soon he was running towards the forest edge. Grundar was a important and loyal ally in this land, and James would be damned if he left the troll to the fates. Omnicube, proved cooperative enough, transsforming into a chainsaw. There was, of course, still the problem that chainsaw was made of rather brittle glass rather than steel. It was probably still very possible to cause serious damage with it, but it was not the same.

It was not long before James reached the forest, and noticed Grundar bound to a tree some distance in. Carefully, James approached the bound troll, keeping his eyes on nearby trees. When James came within five meters from Grundar, the troll spoke up. "Sorry boss, the tree men caught me." With that, three treants came to life around James, one of treants' leaves becoming purple as it moved. "Was it you who twisted the creature into an aberration? the purple leaved one asked.

check out the etchings on the walls, any good artwork?

Flare looked over the main hall within the tower, seeking pillars of Iron he had created. They were indeed there, looking calmingly solid among the ever-so-slightly shifting aether surfaces that made up the place. On them, in gold were etched many strange glyphs, most of which Flare failed to recognize. What few he did manage to recognize, depicted a great battle between creatures of iron and men of stone. The place of battle was also mentioned, a large grassland with a forest close to the south, and another a bit further to the east, with a lone mountain among the trees.

Ah... This will do just fine.
Create a few more essences, 3 to be exact, and look around at last, take in every detail of my surroundings.

Alexxander stashed chakram within the pile of swords, and took a breather. He stretched a bit and looked around, looking for anything interesting. There were a few frogs on the lakeshore to the west. There was a bunch of grass to the south. There was a huge eldritch castle to the north. There was a lake that smelled akin to a Bloody Marry to the east. Nothing too unusual, or at least, Alexander glared at the frogs, nothing useful and unusual.

i humbly to you Isis , the Egyptian Goddess of Motherhood, Protection and Magic, and the Mother of Horus. I seek you guidance, the hat which lies before me i do not know what it could mean for me, all I ask this time is that you keep me from harm

I hear you and I answer your call. I feel your prayer to be earnest, and thus I shall grant you my help. As long as you do not seek conflict, no attack shall take you by surprise.

Go to the council chamber,make 3 essences

Seva, not seeing anything that caught his immediate attention, left the garden in search of the council room. Again, he knew not where exactly he was going, but soon found himself in a room among other mages trying out chairs and beanbags.  Somehow, it would seem through sheer luck, he had taken the exact path to the council chamber.

The Gambler prepares, and uses ALL essences, even chaotic, to summon a glass amulet that multiplies good luck, rather than merely improving it.

Gambler focused, conjuring and shaping, first the glass amulet then the enchantment to force on the amulet. The glass churned as magic attached itself to the amulet, finally settling in a shape of three conjoined sevens. Gambler could feel the possibilities being split by the amulet, all converging just outside of it. The day was about to improve considerably.
{Glass sevens gained - Roll thrice each luck roll, gain results from all three.}

Spoiler: Poetry (click to show/hide)

"This place is beautiful, like the inner chaos that drives the dynamos of thought... Speaking of which, perhaps it's about time I make something. Something..."
 Jiksap starts mumbling to himself about machines and Elder Things and other topics beyond the comprehension of other, more sane minds. Or maybe he's just saying random stuff for dramatic effect. Whatever.

Sit in the chair. Create an effigy to my inner insanity! Use the chaotic essences.

Jiksap broke an entirely superfluous piece of pipe from his throne, which somehow made one of cogs on the left side spin slightly slower, and used it to stab the table. As he stabbed, he muttered a spell, which made the aether that formed the table to overflow and spill, forming several cogs. The cogs began spinning and orbiting the piece of pipe, some crashing against one another, changing their trajectories, which resulted in more crashing. The impacts never stopped, as gears did not seem to lose any momentum.

Head over to the fortress and explore the grounds. Then create 4 essences.

Ilum walked over to the newly appeared fortress. The gates were unlocked, although the semi-liquid walls would probably be enough to scare away those who needed to care about gates. Within, there were stairs leading up the walls, several potted white flowers scattered here and there, and the entrance to the main tower. There was also a mage standing there, with chest colored by blood.

"Shoot. Time keeps slipping through my fingers. Oh well. Must press onward!!"

Head inside the castle with my raptors. Go to the council chamber.

Bob too went off to find the council chambers, but unlike other mages, he had three raptors to herd. The trio did not like the flowing texture of the floors and walls within the castle all that much. It did not seem solid enough to walk on for them, and it took a lot of persuasion from Bob to get them inside. Afterwards, raptors stuck almost uncomfortably close to Bob. The path to the council room proved to be mercifully short and straightforward, however, and Bob soon was within a room filled with chairs andd mages.

One more game of essence roulette (whilst within the fortress aura). If I succeed in not killing myself, embark on an expedition to the eastern desert.

Xom again focused power until he could no more, and gave in to the collapse. A cube with ten corners fell out of nowhere, while Xom inspected whether all of his limbs were still attached and still limbs. After confirming that all was well, Xom left the group of mages and walked off towards the eastern desert.

craft two essences. Then venture into the castle

Ancano continued his travel towards the castle ruins. Harsh wind from the nearby desert slowed him down considerably, but he forged on. The eldritch castle seemed dormant, but that was certain not to last.

"Fascinating... Such power was to be expected, yet... Good, good."

To the chamber! Make an ice throne or something. And two essences just before we begin.

Kahel, unknowingly following fresh footsteps of few other mages, walked off in search of the council chamber. Just like for everyone else, it did not take him long to find it, and as he entered, Kahel conjured a throne of unmelting ice for himself. As he tried to get comfortable in his new stylish seat, however, chill of the ice presented an unexpected flaw in design.

A new mage emerged from the portal, known as Old King Coal, or just Coal to his friends. Old king Coal had no friends, and any who dared to shorten his name by skipping the title died slow and painful deaths. As did many who used the full title. Anyone whom Old King Coal could catch really. He looked around in surprise, rightfully suspecting some sort of treachery. Not feeling too optimistic about the castle, which seemed like something a demon of hell could own, old king decided that for now his destination would be "away".

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:50:53 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 121 Gathering and explorations
« Reply #3128 on: October 11, 2015, 05:04:58 pm »

go to council chamber, make a chair of gold. also look at the etchings in there.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: October 11, 2015, 06:51:55 pm »

((I'm settling down to do business for a few turns, so here's a cursory list of stuff I can do.))

Spoiler: Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Services (click to show/hide)

((I'll price things if/when people express interest in them.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: October 11, 2015, 07:00:26 pm »

"Seems like no design is without flaws..."

Kahel mused while the chill started to get through his robe. And trained against his own element he might be, prolonged exposure would not be pleasant.

"Maybe I should ask Knowledge mage to confirm demon's whereabouts... If one of the newer mages attacks him, things could swiftly become gruesome."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: October 11, 2015, 07:03:05 pm »

Hey, you there. Yeah, the guy who is selling there services. My name is Skelliborn and I could use your help.
(Viznor)(PM will be sent)

((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: October 11, 2015, 07:57:16 pm »

"Ooo, aren't you ah nice lil' one."
Put on the amulet, then search around a bit for a chair outside. If one exists, take it. Then go up to the council chamber regardless.
((Let's see if my luck works in my favor here and finds me something.))

((Also, sorry 'bout the Treants.))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:02:19 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: October 11, 2015, 09:13:06 pm »

I put the hat on and meditate "Thank you Isis i shall do anything you ask"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: October 11, 2015, 11:43:21 pm »

You forgot my ring of +1 luck. The bush trimmer should be a chainsaw.

James nods to Grundar.
"Don't worry I'll get you outta here. Its the tree men who should be saying sorry not you."
He then looks at the three treants stopping at the purple one. He's getting very frustrated with tree's behavior lately.
"Why do you have Grundar bound like this? Please let him go."

"I'm guessing the aberration you're asking about was the troll's extra arms. I see he doesn't have them anymore. No, that wasn't weren't my work. The mage who caused that is dead now. You know just because someone looks a bit different doesn't mean they're an aberration, that's very inconsiderate thinking."

Try to peacefully talk our way out of this, but if the treants attack blast them with my dragonbreath then use the chainsaw to free Grundar. If they don't attack then forge 3 healing essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 506