Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182380 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 121 Gathering and explorations
« Reply #3180 on: October 15, 2015, 03:33:30 pm »

Shias the Druid
"Well then. Council chamber has been created. What is be the matter this council will discuss about?"

Placeholder action: Make 5 essences.

You forgot my action.

((Added.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 122 Strange tomes and Old enemies
« Reply #3181 on: October 15, 2015, 03:50:47 pm »

Marcus smirked.

"I'm back, baby!"

Float through the walls of the fortress and into the council chamber. Make four essences once I am inside of the fortress.

Ah, the perks of being a banshee.

Walk up to Jikzap, and ask him a pm'd thing.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:14:44 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: October 15, 2015, 03:56:29 pm »

((Ten pot? Those must be some claws.))

ID the book with enough essences to net me a total of +3 +3 (including my natural bonus, and the newly-enhanced aura), and figure out what it is, what I can do with it, and anything else of interest. The scanning spell told me this thing was valuable, so it has to be useful somehow. PM the info, if that's all right.

Also, get away from that blade mage. He did a great job on my claws, but I don't want to be anywhere near someone making essences with a -10 penalty.

If Skelliborn ends up dead, collect his shards, plus whatever he was carrying around. No use letting them go to waste.

Assuming neither the book or the blade mage cause any issues:

This wouldn't be much of a library if it didn't have a set of encyclopedias. Get the library to guide me to them, and take the "E" volume off the shelf. Flip through it a little, see if anything looks interesting.

Do another scanning spell. This time, make it tell me about what it detects, in addition to finding it.

Make three essences.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:57:22 am by Whisperling »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: October 15, 2015, 03:56:48 pm »

((Uh, DG? I think you forgot my action))
"Ooo, aren't you ah nice lil' one."
Put on the amulet, then search around a bit for a chair outside. If one exists, take it. Then go up to the council chamber regardless, making 4 essences.
((Let's see if my luck works in my favor here and finds me something.))

((Also, sorry 'bout the Treants.))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:53:10 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: October 15, 2015, 04:22:08 pm »

"Thanks for being so understanding. I'll try not to do any evil fleshwarping. Now we gotta run, we're late for a council meeting."
James would have stayed a bit longer to talk about morality of fleshwarping and other topics, but he doesn't want to keep the council waiting any longer. And it's probably best to leave while the treants are happy and not risk angering them by saying something they disagree with.

Hurry to the council. Make sure to stick with Grundar though.
Forge 3 healing essences on the way there.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:31:30 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: October 15, 2015, 04:50:02 pm »

-eye twitch-

"And people wonder why mages risk there lives in tournaments, colosseums and the the like for souls....Magic is just so unreliable otherwise!"

-sigh- "
hey I'm going to try to make an essence gen. Anyone Mind helping? It would at least let us spend our time working instead of gathering power."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(No this is not me trying to bypass no essences to make more thing. I have been planing this since we started with the tower. Basically this is a device that makes essences over time, speed and chances of being chaotic depend on the particular genrator.)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: October 15, 2015, 04:52:05 pm »

Marcus smirked.

"I'm back, baby!"

Float through the walls of the fortress and into the council chamber. Make four essences once I am inside of the fortress.

I'm fairly certain I had said that you enter the arena as a Fleshy mage. Because you do.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: October 15, 2015, 04:54:48 pm »

[provided my turn gets added in by DG,]
"I'd chip in, 'n' I think my affinity 'ight prove 'elpful in that endeavor."
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: October 15, 2015, 05:57:14 pm »

I haven't gotten the info yet DG.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: October 15, 2015, 06:02:23 pm »

"most likely. your power should make it easier to insure the generator has a low chaotic rate vs the rate of stable essences...."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: October 15, 2015, 06:14:36 pm »

Make 3 essences
So,what are we doing here?
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: October 15, 2015, 07:13:24 pm »

I think we are talking about magic or something. My name's Skelliborn the blade mage by the way. although I prefer just Skelliborn to my full mage title. How many I address you?
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: October 15, 2015, 10:16:53 pm »

Marcus smirked.

"I'm back, baby!"

I'm fairly certain I had said that you enter the arena as a Fleshy mage. Because you do.
Why do my plans get thwarted at every turn!?

How much pot and comp are required to make myself a banshee?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: October 15, 2015, 10:58:39 pm »

((I'm going to provide an estimate for the CMP required. First up, let's assume a banshee is a type of undead, because otherwise it's going to be near-impossible with your affinities. So let's go with -1(specific type of undead), -1 or -2(spectral, passes through walls), -1 or -2(controlled flight/levitation while incorporeal), -1 or 0(becoming solid at will). Let's throw in one more minus-1 for transforming the self, and perhaps a -1 for anchoring your soul so it stays in your body... the grand total on the low side is (-1-1-1-0-1) which is -4 CMP. If you want to be on the safe side, you should plan for (-1-2-2-1-1-1) which is -8 CMP. So if you average those results... you're going to need essences to account for -6 CMP at least, and preferably several more essences to make most likely a good result.))

((I'm not sure if POT suffers maluses for complexity.))

"Tobacco? What is tobacco doing growing with reeds? Aha! Mages would want to keep their loot hidden, thus out-of-place bushes are a good place to hide things! Thus, it must be a magic chest in disguise!"

Poor Old King Coal suffered from bouts of insane troll logic through no fault of his own, but that didn't stop them from working.

Old King Coal tries to open the presumed magic chest, while making 3 bone essences. If he fails to open the chest, he's going to start tearing up the plant in an attempt to get to the supposed treasure inside(which probably doesn't exist).
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: October 15, 2015, 11:21:26 pm »

Jiksap begins top secret conversation with the odd, dark, smells-of-death visitor. And why not? After all, this type of character is always bound to be interesting.

Sadly, what he wanted was exactly the two things besides himself that he holds most dear. A different arrangement would have to be made, if at all.

Meanwhile, Jiksap decides to begin to stop being overly paranoid and put his fancy backpack to use. Of course, no hostile intent here! Jiksap doesn't want to blow anything up at all! It's just that the pack's secondary function - and perhaps later, additional functions - won't work at all the way it is now.

Use a small little spell (say, summon a cog) and have my backpack absorb it as charge. Afterwards, create 3 essences.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 506