Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1184150 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 123 The council begins!
« Reply #3315 on: October 21, 2015, 04:29:16 pm »

((Oh, you aren't walking out. You're being removed expediently, which should have already happened. Unless you'd like Jase to call Marcus' bullshit and point out again that Marcus threatened him twice with no provocation.))
You said that you don't care about nor follow the divine law, to Marcus, a cleric of a deity of Law.
((Who then threatened to smite Jase. Unless you're playing some insane religious zealot, a disagreement on ideology is not adequate provocation to threaten bodily harm, at least not to Jase and presumably some of the other mages in the chamber. And if you are playing a religious zealot, Jase would throw Marcus out anyway because he tried to force his own ideology upon others by bringing up the "book of divine law" thing, and then told Jase he would "rue the day", which is also a threat. Marcus figuratively doesn't have any ground to stand on because he barged into someone else's place and then started acting like he was above them all. Marcus has already stated that he won't abide the council's decision if it isn't the one he wants, so Jase further sees no reason to let him stay.))

"It seems Flare votes against. We may just be wasting more of our time than Marcus already has, James, since he did say he wouldn't repay you even if that was the decision reached by the council. I see no reason to keep him here, especially since he seems to have deluded himself into thinking he's being punished for speaking out instead of for the threats that I'm sure you all heard as well."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: October 21, 2015, 04:56:12 pm »

"James I would welcome the help of your troll, and as Jase and I said you aren't getting your shards from him, so let him leave."
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: October 21, 2015, 05:08:54 pm »

"Yeah, I guess its not worth it. I'll drop the issue. Marcus can leave."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: October 21, 2015, 05:16:32 pm »

"I didn't say that, Dwen. I just said he wouldn't give them to James willingly. If the decision is reached that he does owe James and he chooses not to abide our decision, James is free to recover the debt in any way he chooses. But perhaps we can return to this later. For now, there are more important matters."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: October 21, 2015, 06:42:24 pm »

"yes. first things first. power. we need to manufacture an essence generator. we need luck magic, ather magic, and my own metal power at least, there's no way I could make it on my own.

especially the luck power, it will keep the essences from going chaotic all the time."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: October 21, 2015, 07:14:16 pm »

My vote is we have the turn today. We can debate this over other turns too.
please lets continue and talk more next turn

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: October 21, 2015, 07:18:56 pm »

"'Ndeed. We should 'ave some public structures for anyone ta use. I was thinkin' of a sorta Shrine that can change to accommodate any a the gods, but that's for later, 'n the generator comes first. 'Ow do we want it ta derive tha power to make em, though?"
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: October 21, 2015, 07:42:17 pm »

"typically essences generators tap into ambient power, but im really not very knowledgeable on the subject."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: October 21, 2015, 07:48:04 pm »

"Essences are just stored power. Any generator requires a dedicated power source, and the only power around here is to run the fortress. Not to mention the difficulties of trying to have it generate essences bonded to specific mages. Essences are as insubstantial as affinities, not physical objects. How to you plan to deal with that?"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: October 21, 2015, 08:01:03 pm »

"like I said, im not very knowledgeable on the subject. though I guess we could just have James summon one."

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: October 21, 2015, 08:12:29 pm »

"'Erhaps somethin' like one a those old static electricity accumulators? Y' know, the ones with the sphere on tha end an' the belt that use friction? An' if ya touch one, it'll transfer it ta you? 'Erhaps make a magic version that concentrates unused ambient mana. Could have it be driven by a crank or perpetuum mobile an' give a bolt a essences to a mage that touches the accumulation sphere. Gets the power from tha crank and the affinity from tha mage, so it should solve both a the problems."
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: October 21, 2015, 10:05:51 pm »

((Oh, you aren't walking out. You're being removed expediently, which should have already happened. Unless you'd like Jase to call Marcus' bullshit and point out again that Marcus threatened him twice with no provocation.))
You said that you don't care about nor follow the divine law, to Marcus, a cleric of a deity of Law.
((Who then threatened to smite Jase. Unless you're playing some insane religious zealot, a disagreement on ideology is not adequate provocation to threaten bodily harm, at least not to Jase and presumably some of the other mages in the chamber. And if you are playing a religious zealot, Jase would throw Marcus out anyway because he tried to force his own ideology upon others by bringing up the "book of divine law" thing, and then told Jase he would "rue the day", which is also a threat. Marcus figuratively doesn't have any ground to stand on because he barged into someone else's place and then started acting like he was above them all. Marcus has already stated that he won't abide the council's decision if it isn't the one he wants, so Jase further sees no reason to let him stay.))

"It seems Flare votes against. We may just be wasting more of our time than Marcus already has, James, since he did say he wouldn't repay you even if that was the decision reached by the council. I see no reason to keep him here, especially since he seems to have deluded himself into thinking he's being punished for speaking out instead of for the threats that I'm sure you all heard as well."
Well, yeah, he is (or appears to be one, at least). He believes that he can impose the laws of the gods upon mortals because they (the gods) are above mortals, by the very definition of them being gods.

The threats were because he serves a deity of Wrath, and believes that slights against him should be repaid in greater or equal damage. You spoke rudely (in his mind) to him, so he replied in kind.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:53:42 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: October 21, 2015, 10:07:19 pm »

"like I said, im not very knowledgeable on the subject. though I guess we could just have James summon one."
Gee, if only we had a Knowledge mage...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: October 22, 2015, 03:46:53 am »

"For the essence generator, if you need energy, perhaps you could create a orb of your own affinity. Or make a rune that creates or absorbs energy. I don't know what's the best affinity for that, other than Orbs, Runes or Absorption"

Gee, if only we had a Knowledge mage...
((There is a Knowledge mage. You forgot?))
The threats were because he serves a wrathful deity, and believes that slights against him should be repaid in greater or equal damage. You spoke rudely (in his mind) to him, so be replied in kind.
((FIFY. Well, i don't like mistakes like that that much...

EDIT: Stop saying whateverdeityisthat))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:37:58 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: October 22, 2015, 05:51:34 am »

((I think that was sarcasm, m8.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 506