Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183011 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 128 Who you're gonna call?
« Reply #3660 on: November 12, 2015, 03:15:33 am »

((Not storing CMP into essences makes the game more slave to RNG and more into spirit of RTD, but allowing to store CMP as essence lets us feign competence as a mage.
Currently every big and important spell is casted with essences making them more important than shards, so large part of game is spent walking around and making essences until they are almost all spent on a spell or two. So an alternative is to get rid of essences altogether and let d6+bonuses completely determine outcome of spellcasting. Though that would encourage more murder and creation of artifacts.
I vote "no opinion" on this matter.))

Deeper into forest! Find its heart and pay my respects.
Make 3 essences. Pray for god of winds to grant me a favour in future.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: November 12, 2015, 03:48:51 am »

((As for affinity. I think we may want to redo essences a bit to make it more worthwhile. My preposition:

1) Make essences only store POT, not CMP.
2) Give bonuses to spell CMP & LUCK for stronger affinity.
3) Make chaotic essences more powerful, yet roll LUCK for each chaos essence used.
+) Some LUCK-changing events might be interesting.

This will change the game, making it much more useful to gather shards and spending them on self-empowerment, though it will make POT stat semi-obsolete - just like now. It is not really useful while you have essences on hands. Perhaps, we should think of something else for it (instead of 12 shards/+1 POT)? on second thought, POT stat influences essence crafting and, as such, speed of restocking. Seems fine.

Reason for preposition: as of now, mages simply stockpile essences and cast without a chance of failure (chaos essences excluded). Not enough danger here, in my opinion. And no incentive to gather shards.))

This seems like a great idea. If anyone has anything against it, speak now, or don't complain when I implement it.
((About 1, i more agree if it is like this: It takes twice CMP at roll to get the same bonus at POT.))
Use healing magic to remove whatever necromantic enchantments Marcus and his equipment has and turn him back into a normal fleshy human. Healing being opposite to necromancy and all that. All chaos essences in.

Then hack him apart. Grundar too.

Thanks for turning me into a super-human, buddy.
Fun fact: If he failed/overshoot and turns you into a super-regenerating human(or yet a other thing, immortal), that could be worse than death because you're stuck at a chainsaw. Goo luck.
"Hold them while you can!"
Run from the castle.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: November 12, 2015, 04:35:38 am »

((The faces probably have something to do with Marcus' wail of the banshee spell. It might be a good idea to cover your ears.))
Speaking of Wail of the Banshee, I feel that you guys should know more about it. If I hit a +24/+24, it kills everything with a PC's health or less in a three tile radius, no save. I received a boon in my travels in the afterlife. Look at the possible boons for the Manipulator. Then, realize that I created the faces last turn, before I was silenced. Then, panic.

((3 tile radius seems a bit exessive, especially if source of the scream is all inside the castle.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: November 12, 2015, 07:26:59 am »

((The faces probably have something to do with Marcus' wail of the banshee spell. It might be a good idea to cover your ears.))
Speaking of Wail of the Banshee, I feel that you guys should know more about it. If I hit a +24/+24, it kills everything with a PC's health or less in a three tile radius, no save. I received a boon in my travels in the afterlife. Look at the possible boons for the Manipulator. Then, realize that I created the faces last turn, before I was silenced. Then, panic.

((3 tile radius seems a bit exessive, especially if source of the scream is all inside the castle.))
((Does it? +24/+24 is quite a lot of power. And the source seems to be the tower.))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: November 12, 2015, 07:52:22 am »

Flare nonchalantly looks at where Markus was.

"Well then, I doubt he will last long. Mmmm.....

"Let's see.....I could save my dragon golem frame for later and make a guardian now.....
It would be quicker considering a simple guardian won't need as many parts.... Alright then. Guardian now. Dragon later."

create humanoid golem of animate metal, that is loyal to flare and can preform complex commands use 2 +1/+1 essences.  2. +1/+2 essences   And 4    Potency +1 essences.   
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: November 12, 2015, 09:00:48 am »

It's a radius of comp/8. Technically, I'd actually just need a +4/+24 to insta-kill most of the people inside of the castle with WotB.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:09:02 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: November 12, 2015, 09:23:59 am »

((If you're telling the truth... I'd better have a backup character...))
((Assuming your spell goes off.))
((Assuming you're not lying.))
((KILL MARCUS NOW! KILL HIM!))
((But just in case:))

Spoiler: Dr. Wily (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Oh? Who're you? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: First Turn (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: November 12, 2015, 10:54:11 am »

If I was lying, the Manipulator would smite me (very flashily).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: November 12, 2015, 11:12:51 am »

((You do realize I could just break that armor of yours right?))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: November 12, 2015, 11:14:28 am »

Ehh, not far enough

Run for the hills with my velociraptors(the hills near the forest that aren't forest hills)
Then make 2 essences and watch the castle

I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: November 12, 2015, 11:49:03 am »

((We shall see. We shall see.))

((@DG: to what degree can Luck manipulate reality, anyway? If no one were to look at, say, the southernmost wall/side of a cabin (for the sake of example, let's say you already mapped out the cabin's plan, but no player ever saw that wall), and one person with a very high luck bonus were to search for a doorway through it, could it result in a door that wasn't originally intended? Could a high enough roll result in more drastic results, like one of Marcus' clones actually being him, unbeknownst to anyone?))
Also,  even if you did cast that spell, it only has a 1/3 chance of succeeding. You have no essences left (Thank you, Dwen! You were adequate distraction).
((your welcome, I was going to try summoning a demon lord of booze because people used a lot of essences but alas I wasn't fast enough.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: November 12, 2015, 08:42:30 pm »

"You there, why are you running from the castle?"

((Talking to Seva))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: November 12, 2015, 08:46:20 pm »

I think that it's going to blow up or something,anyway it's probably not a good idea to stick around
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: November 12, 2015, 08:51:27 pm »

"Ah thanks, I will spare you for that" chuckles madly a bit

Head for the more ruined castle now.  Make 3 essences

((Dreamer Ghost, I'm still waiting on my previous action, Move towards the grand structure and make 4 essences when I get there..))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:30:12 pm by fillipk »

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: November 12, 2015, 09:14:02 pm »

i continue to follow the sign to where I am needed and make 4 essences on the way
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 506