Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183419 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 129 The last trick
« Reply #3690 on: November 15, 2015, 07:13:40 pm »

((Interesting, now the question is Marcus truly dead, or did he want you guys to kill him so he could come back and kill you all.))

"Almost there, yes the castle will make a great staging point."

Continue heading towards the castle, create 3 essences, search the court yard of the castle.

(Also DG I think the map is messed up.))

((Messed up how? It works fine for me.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: November 15, 2015, 07:15:24 pm »

I don't think anyone else will bw that foolish anymore. So now lets get back to business. I'd like to create an expedition to deal with the eldritch portal thing to the southwest. I have a blade which should be able to stop the portal as portals are a type of vortex but I don't have the firepower to stand up against eldritch magic alone. Also, since the eldritch portal is a portal leaking how high level magic, there is a chance of finding some high level loot, the chances of getting good loot and being in danger increase the closer you get to the portal and probably skyrocket on the other side. So, who wants to join me?

((Not sure how my character would know about the portal but lets just say it was something on the lines of sensing dark magic or some effect of the blade or something like that. If not, then either I assumed incorrectly that the map is public knowledge or I apologize for metagaming. ))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: November 15, 2015, 07:16:58 pm »

((I can't find a dot that represents my character on the map.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: November 15, 2015, 07:19:22 pm »

Cuberac decides to climb through one of the windows, and create 3 essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: November 15, 2015, 07:38:51 pm »

--
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:40:43 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: November 15, 2015, 07:40:07 pm »

((I'm taking the shards. Just to clarify that. And I'll either give James enough to cover whatever he lent Marcus, or use them.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: November 15, 2015, 07:51:57 pm »

((I can't find a dot that represents my character on the map.))
Fixed
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: November 15, 2015, 07:53:58 pm »

mmm......
-flare stands up-

"HALT"

if the golem does not obey use 2 plus one potency essences and 1 plus one competence essence to establish control.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: November 15, 2015, 08:11:46 pm »

"I just don't understand why people try things like that. It never works. He owed me those shards, so I'll be taking them."

Get 7 of Marcus's shards. Give one each to Crimson, Gambler, and Skelliborn for their help.
Return to the council chamber and try yet again to turn the omnicube into a powered armguard.
Remember that I still owe Gambler for upgrading the omnicube and give him a shard.
Gotta replenish my essence stock. 5 healing essences.

I don't think anyone else will bw that foolish anymore. So now lets get back to business. I'd like to create an expedition to deal with the eldritch portal thing to the southwest. I have a blade which should be able to stop the portal as portals are a type of vortex but I don't have the firepower to stand up against eldritch magic alone. Also, since the eldritch portal is a portal leaking how high level magic, there is a chance of finding some high level loot, the chances of getting good loot and being in danger increase the closer you get to the portal and probably skyrocket on the other side. So, who wants to join me?
"The expedition could use a healer. I might join."

edit, just in case:
If wail of the banshee actually does still happen, drop whatever I'm doing and heal myself. Just apply constant healing to counteract whatever damage it does. All essences. If the spell is powerful enough have it extend to other people too.
Amulet of magic defense would provide some defense too.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:46:15 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: November 15, 2015, 08:22:31 pm »

"Agh. Owww... that hurt. Bah. Onwards to loot! To LOOT!"

Old King Coal makes 3 bone essences, then uses the glow of the climbing claws to enable visual scanning of the temple. Visual scanning then commences.

((By the way guys... I wouldn't be too surprised if the Wail of the Banshee(if Marcus actually used it) went off next turn. Old King Coal might be safe because of his underground location, but everybody else around the castle and in it...))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: November 15, 2015, 08:39:41 pm »

((By the way guys... I wouldn't be too surprised if the Wail of the Banshee(if Marcus actually used it) went off next turn. Old King Coal might be safe because of his underground location, but everybody else around the castle and in it...))
((Seems quite likely. And the Wail would obliterate all living inside (bare surprising luck) if it was properly executed. But no one cares. Oh well.))

Kahel looked at the sharp-pointed golem with slight amusement:

"Seems like your construct is still far from being perfect..."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: November 15, 2015, 08:50:14 pm »

Walk towards the purple stuff with my velociraptors,stopping at the edge and sending my budgeriars out to scout
Make 2 essences
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:23:20 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: November 15, 2015, 08:57:05 pm »

"I just don't understand why people try things like that. It never works. He owed me those shards, so I'll be taking them."

Get Marcus's shards. Give one each to Jase, Crimson, Gambler, and Skelliborn for their help.
Try yet again to turn the omnicube into a powered armguard.
Remember that I still owe Gambler for upgrading the omnicube and give him another shard.
Gotta replenish my essence stock. 5 healing essences.

"The expedition could use a healer. I might join."
"Many thanks. I will join this expedition as well."
The Gambler breaks into a coughing fit, doubling over and shuddering with its intensity.
"'Ady above, 'at 'urts."
Study the enchantment on my chair and create a pattern to be able to copy it later on a more... portable object. Then, y'know, move it back into the council chamber, where it belongs.
Then make 3 luck essences and prepare to leave on the expidition.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:38:09 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: November 15, 2015, 09:30:29 pm »

((So I looked in the charsheet for clues as to strange happenings. Two things of note:
Viznor has gained a new affinity,
and Marcus... he is present in the corpse sheet, but instead of reading "head cut off" in cause of death, it reads "fine". I'm going to hope that's just an error.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: November 15, 2015, 09:46:06 pm »

((I got the binding affinity a while ago, during some PM adventures. I believe it wasn't in the thread mainly because the rest of the turn was secret.))

((Also, I just blew 20 pot's worth of essences on a counter to wail of the banshee. It was, apperently, just a big illusion.))
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 506