Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1193053 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 131 Anticlimatic impacts
« Reply #3885 on: November 25, 2015, 06:19:59 am »

Make a pair of essences. Make sure to keep up with the others.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: November 25, 2015, 09:25:24 am »

i honestly like things as they are now.
((And I mostly agree with that. But in combat, it would make sense to have using more essences take up time and leave the user vulnerable to attack. Other than that, I don't want any changes to the essences system.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: November 25, 2015, 09:32:35 am »

((And I mostly agree with that. But in combat, it would make sense to have using more essences take up time and leave the user vulnerable to attack. Other than that, I don't want any changes to the essences system.))
((-1SPD per essence used?))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: November 25, 2015, 09:32:59 am »

((I'd be happy with rituals to cast large spells, combat more focused on smaller spells, and essences removed entirely.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: November 25, 2015, 09:35:49 am »

((Huh. Sure. If you spend lots of time casting a large spell in combat, you're going to cast it later. Note that -1 DEX per two essences might also be a good idea along with this.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: November 25, 2015, 10:43:03 am »

((I'd be happy with rituals to cast large spells, combat more focused on smaller spells, and essences removed entirely.))
((Same. If you can "easily" cast large spells through rituals, and they stop dominating combat—which they need to—essences don't serve much of a purpose, other than to annoy you by forcing you to postscript "+3 of the magic battery things" practically every turn.

If you're not doing anything magical in a turn and you want to make something for the future, you should have to do something more interesting. Create an item, enchant yourself, whatever.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: November 25, 2015, 11:16:28 am »

((If you're not doing anything magical in a turn and you want to make something for the future, you should have to do something more interesting. Create an item, enchant yourself, whatever.))

OR MURDER!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: November 25, 2015, 12:01:34 pm »

((At least such nerf is needed.))

((Agreed. If essences could not be removed - I'd limit their use in combat with SPD restriction (see first quote) & number restriction (3?). Makes for a prolonged combat and values more powerful essences over +1's.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: November 25, 2015, 01:55:12 pm »

Could evryone look over the map and tell me what parts of it make no sense? Namely the placement of where people are? I just noticed that I forgot entirely to place Viznor and I remember old king coal being next to an entirely diferent lake. Now I am confused as to where some people are.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: November 25, 2015, 02:03:14 pm »

Could evryone look over the map and tell me what parts of it make no sense? Namely the placement of where people are? I just noticed that I forgot entirely to place Viznor and I remember old king coal being next to an entirely diferent lake. Now I am confused as to where some people are.

((...So that's why I couldn't find my dot.))

((Anyway, I believe I should be just outside the forest. I'm unsure of my exact location, mainly because I didn't specify a direction other than "away from meteor impacts."))

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: November 25, 2015, 04:51:24 pm »

Let loose an experimental spell, the nature of which has been pm'ed.
On the unfortunate event of failure, run. Preferably away from the voracious sand-dweller and its pit of doom.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: November 25, 2015, 05:12:36 pm »

I'm getting a feeling that I should just move the turn from wenesday to thursday, as I don't need to get up early on fridays.
Yep, you guessed it, it is another delay.
I wrote 12 peoples turns, and comparing the number with people from previous turn that says that I have at least eight more to write.
On the plus side, discussion can continue. I will update the poll to relay recent sugestions.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: November 25, 2015, 08:56:40 pm »

I found an error in the char sheet I think. Grundar still has 4 limbs in the char sheet despite having been returned to his original state.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: November 25, 2015, 09:13:00 pm »

Another error: The jet is still listed in James's inventory when he traded it away to Jiksap. Though maybe it should be listed as lost stuff since Jiksap traded it to Marcus (I think).

In lost stuff there should also be an anti-dragon crossbow bolt, wherever James fought the dragon.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: November 25, 2015, 11:15:58 pm »

Another error: The jet is still listed in James's inventory when he traded it away to Jiksap. Though maybe it should be listed as lost stuff since Jiksap traded it to Marcus (I think).

In lost stuff there should also be an anti-dragon crossbow bolt, wherever James fought the dragon.
The items were never in Marcus' possession. This has been confirmed through PM chat.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 506