Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163909 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 141 The time to panic is now
« Reply #4590 on: February 07, 2016, 09:33:36 pm »

((... Sarrak... in that last bit of your action post... are you referring to Whaz?))
((Yep. I think that he deserves at least a honorable mention, being the most successful mage of this game - in its intended form, at least. Also, it's still hilarious remembering his unique relationship with magic.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: February 07, 2016, 09:41:22 pm »

((Absence could work too))

((Say, maybe absence of the mimic's heart? You might need some time magic to make it work, but it'd be a lot easier than trying to cast a spell on an island-sized dragon.))
Unfortunately for you, the dragon has more than twice the INT and WIS scores of Sherlock Holmes, and thus knows what you'd try to do to kill it before you do.
I don't think that's how INT and WIS work in AD&D, much less this game. :P
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:45:37 pm by Elephant Parade »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: February 07, 2016, 09:47:32 pm »

((Okay... so time shenanigans. I get the feeling that trying a change in the timeline that dramatic would... generate quite a bit of Paradox.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: February 07, 2016, 09:52:42 pm »

((Okay... so time shenanigans. I get the feeling that trying a change in the timeline that dramatic would... generate quite a bit of Paradox.))

((...Not really. It's only a turn ago, and the dragon hasn't really done much besides scare everyone.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: February 07, 2016, 09:56:21 pm »

((Absence could work too))

((Say, maybe absence of the mimic's heart? You might need some time magic to make it work, but it'd be a lot easier than trying to cast a spell on an island-sized dragon.))
Unfortunately for you, the dragon has more than twice the INT and WIS scores of Sherlock Holmes, and thus knows what you'd try to do to kill it before you do.
((And good thing, too. DG has clearly spent the time to make a new map (or will be spending) and a change of scenery would be really nice. Also, with the dragon's crazy unlimited power, I'm wondering if it's possible for it to transcend the limit on its transformation. Of course, this also gives me the potential to explore a new character. Affinity ideas include Energy (Rayman anyone?) and Tunnels (ultimate dwarfiness alert! Prepare for quantum tunnel contained black hole portal madness!).

One more thing: everyone should be feeling a bit lighter about now, considering the immense mass of this dragon compared to this tiny floating island. The Moon is much less massive than the Earth, and it causes the tides. This dragon must be at least a tenth of the duck's mass, so unless there's a special gravity field keeping everything Earth-like...))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: February 07, 2016, 10:22:25 pm »

((It is less of time shenanigans and more like even the dead run away from the abomination you became (due to the game world collapsing in itself, I thought it was accented quite clearly). Nice work breaking it, FoU. Nice work.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: February 07, 2016, 10:43:52 pm »

Roll to Magic Monty Python

Skeliborn: Lets go to Camelot

DreamerGhostEvilBunny: There's a giant Doomsday Dragon the size of the moon.

Skeliborn: Let's not go to Camelot. Tis a silly place.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: February 07, 2016, 10:51:45 pm »

((Nice work breaking it, FoU. Nice work.))
((Oh, you haven't seen anything yet.))
((Really. I'm serious. Here's a math assignment for all the denizens of this game: thus far, I've had 4 characters(No, None, Jonas, Old King Coal). Assign a certain amount of destruction/kills/ruination a number, then tally up the number for each character. What you should see is exponential growth.))
((I haven't even told the other members of F.E.C.E.S about my plan for my next character.))
((Actually, I should PM DreamerGhost about my plan- I don't even know if it'll be valid yet.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: February 08, 2016, 11:49:22 am »

PM

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: February 08, 2016, 11:52:11 am »

((It is less of time shenanigans and more like even the dead run away from the abomination you became (due to the game world collapsing in itself, I thought it was accented quite clearly). Nice work breaking it, FoU. Nice work.))
((The dead are fleeing even when their souls are actually scattered to oblivion (through used shards) or still trapped in shards? Maybe it's a kind of residual spirit kind of thing?))

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: February 08, 2016, 12:04:12 pm »

"The time to act is now, clearly. I wish that I had more time to prepare, but oh well. Some things never change."

Use my 5 +1/+1 Paleomancy essences. Morph myself into an http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Indominus_rex, then get to the nearest portal and pass through it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:25:06 am by Trewque »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: February 08, 2016, 02:35:02 pm »

Since the Dragon was kinda sudden, and people are still having plans, I think I'll try to get the next turn up on Thursday. To keep some content up, I might post the new map tomorow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: February 08, 2016, 02:56:29 pm »

To keep some content up, I might post the new map tomorow.

((Sounds good!))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: February 09, 2016, 10:51:31 am »

((So, I'm assuming that the whirlpool will basically drag me into the heart of the lake if I make it to the water.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: February 09, 2016, 03:02:54 pm »

((There are 4 types of people in this game:))
((1. Those who think the dragon might be friendly (eternal optimist)))
((2. Those who think the dragon will stomp on them like an insect (eternal pessimist)))
((3. Those who know that the dragon can 1-shot them a thousand times over but stay anyway (optimistic pessimist)))
((4. Those who summoned/ created/ brought the wrath of the dragon in the first place (chaotic evil or clumsy good/neutral)))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 506