Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1164031 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 141 The time to panic is now
« Reply #4605 on: February 09, 2016, 03:19:40 pm »

((There are 4 types of people in this game:))
((1. Those who think the dragon might be friendly (eternal optimist)))
((2. Those who think the dragon will stomp on them like an insect (eternal pessimist)))
((3. Those who know that the dragon can 1-shot them a thousand times over but stay anyway (optimistic pessimist)))
((4. Those who summoned/ created/ brought the wrath of the dragon in the first place (chaotic evil or clumsy good/neutral)))

((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: February 09, 2016, 03:30:10 pm »

running into extinction.))

((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: February 09, 2016, 03:30:40 pm »

((I'd stay and fight, but it looks like the dragon is trying to let all the air out of the arena. While it might not succeed, I'd rather not take that chance.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: February 09, 2016, 04:16:28 pm »

The new map is in (Might change if people toy with portals/throw landscape features through them)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: February 09, 2016, 04:31:25 pm »

((I can't wait to explore the new map. I assume the center hex is the new spawn portal.))

((On a side note I'm sig-ing the quotes below))

((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:36:00 pm by star2wars3 »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: February 09, 2016, 05:01:29 pm »

((I assume the center hex is the new spawn portal.))

Yes, that is the center portal through which newbies would enter. Of course, since not evryone went to the center portal, not evryone will emerge through it.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: February 09, 2016, 05:28:03 pm »

((Remember not to throw out the old map. We may be switch9ing to a new map/dimension but the old one still exists and I have unfinished business. Aka I will find a way to get back there to complete the Hepheastus quest.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: February 09, 2016, 06:41:15 pm »

Also, DG, keep in mind that the dragon can cast Wish to duplicate the effect of Polymorph, allowing it to transform into something small enough to fit through one of those portals.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: February 09, 2016, 06:45:32 pm »

Also, DG, keep in mind that the dragon can cast Wish to duplicate the effect of Polymorph, allowing it to transform into something small enough to fit through one of those portals.
The dragon can cast Wish? That's beyond absurd. I'm going to assume it can't, for now, because that would be ten miles past broken.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: February 09, 2016, 07:19:39 pm »

((So it looks like we've got a larger map this time... Hmm... Bees? Jungle? Glacier? Neat variety.

Also, the new map should be a Turtle. Cause it sorta looks like a turtle shell.
Well, as much as the last map was a duck, anyhow.))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:35:40 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: February 09, 2016, 08:37:17 pm »

((Turtle sounds good to me. I've been making a few guesses at what the various new zones are based on past turns in other dimensions etc))
((If I messed up on any of the known tiles then please tell me so I can fix this map))
((Also the aqua zone refers to the general area with lots of water on the map. I ran out of room for a big label on the hexes))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:42:50 pm by star2wars3 »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: February 09, 2016, 08:52:20 pm »

pleins
grrrrrr

I agree with everything else, though I'd argue that the "beach" is more like an island. To me, the savannah looks like some kind of rocky wasteland.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: February 09, 2016, 08:58:48 pm »

Looks like a rocky wasteland with geysers.
"Iced meadow" is called tundra.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: February 09, 2016, 10:18:43 pm »

((With the lighting I had on when making the map it looked like Acadia trees but on a second glance Volcanic Guyser Zone may be a better name given the naming pattern I've been using))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: February 09, 2016, 10:51:23 pm »

Guyser

((I really do hate to be this guy, but it's spelled geyser.

Sorry about that. These things just tend to drive me a little crazy.))
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 506