Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163923 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 141 The time to panic is now
« Reply #4620 on: February 09, 2016, 11:50:47 pm »

((So since I'm basically dead should I create a new character?))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: February 10, 2016, 08:28:29 am »

Guyser

((I really do hate to be this guy, but it's spelled geyser.

Sorry about that. These things just tend to drive me a little crazy.))
((I dont blam yu. Saem geos fur mi.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: February 10, 2016, 08:41:53 am »

((You could still try to drag someone down with you))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: February 10, 2016, 09:45:33 am »

((You could still try to drag someone down with you))
((Quite literally, this time!))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: February 10, 2016, 10:35:12 am »

((Now let's see... Wheeeere to set up shop?  Do I find a nice secluded spot on a glacier? Do I ride a boat to the far shore and conjure up a beach hut? Do I get gems from the possibly eldritch place and build a shining home out of the useless, sparkly rocks? Do I build a house which sinks into the swamp and Thus creates an underground bungalow held out of the depths by a wide buoyant brim around the top and/or some surrounding trees? Do I create a structure held aloft by funnel shapes catching water from the geysers? Decisions, decisions!))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:11:40 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: February 10, 2016, 10:56:34 am »

((I don't think that eldritch plane belongs there...))
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: February 10, 2016, 11:25:53 am »

Also, DG, keep in mind that the dragon can cast Wish to duplicate the effect of Polymorph, allowing it to transform into something small enough to fit through one of those portals.
The dragon can cast Wish? That's beyond absurd. I'm going to assume it can't, for now, because that would be ten miles past broken.
Yes, yes it can. It has 38th level Sorcerer Spellcasting (21th level spellcasting is where you start doing things like animating the Earth or creating new species, but you need to research those kinds of spells, so the dragon doesn't have them. It does still have 9th level spells, though, and that's the level where Wish is at), and the sample dragon has Wish as a spell known. It also knows Gate, so it can create its own portals if they're all destroyed.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:37:44 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: February 10, 2016, 12:12:55 pm »

((Reserving this character in case Jiksap dies.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: February 10, 2016, 04:03:01 pm »

((The new map looks great!))

Also, DG, keep in mind that the dragon can cast Wish to duplicate the effect of Polymorph, allowing it to transform into something small enough to fit through one of those portals.
The dragon can cast Wish? That's beyond absurd. I'm going to assume it can't, for now, because that would be ten miles past broken.
Yes, yes it can. It has 38th level Sorcerer Spellcasting (21th level spellcasting is where you start doing things like animating the Earth or creating new species, but you need to research those kinds of spells, so the dragon doesn't have them. It does still have 9th level spells, though, and that's the level where Wish is at), and the sample dragon has Wish as a spell known. It also knows Gate, so it can create its own portals if they're all destroyed.
((Given that we're not playing DnD, those mechanics have negligible significance here until DG gives us his verdict on the matter. In any case, it seems that the dragon has no access to its memories, which may imply that it is acting on primal instinct and casts some doubt upon the degree of control FoU actually has on the creature's actions.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: February 10, 2016, 05:00:33 pm »

((I have no control over the dragon's actions. That said, it is doing what I want...))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: February 10, 2016, 05:05:28 pm »

Urgh. Too many interconected posts, too little time. I'm getting up at why o clock tomorow, and thus can't do the turn today. Should have it tomorow.

To clarify, Dragon can't cast actual spells, but it still has power which can manifest in mysterious ways.
I am planning to delay actual arrival of Mages to second island until either there is nobody important left on Duck island, or interdimensional entrophy tears the island apart. Shouldn't take longet than three turns and since many mages are geting into the portals, the turns should pass through quicker than average.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: February 10, 2016, 05:09:40 pm »

Old King Coal: After you shift back into your human form, use your last few moments before the lack of atmosphere takes you to pray to become the Avatar of Armok.

((Note the fact that Armok is the god of destruction and blood, evil, whatnot... of all the gods who would sponsor Old King Coal's survival, it would be him or Zentol...))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: February 10, 2016, 08:26:32 pm »

Urgh. Too many interconected posts, too little time. I'm getting up at why o clock tomorow, and thus can't do the turn today. Should have it tomorow.

To clarify, Dragon can't cast actual spells, but it still has power which can manifest in mysterious ways.
I am planning to delay actual arrival of Mages to second island until either there is nobody important left on Duck island, or interdimensional entrophy tears the island apart. Shouldn't take longet than three turns and since many mages are geting into the portals, the turns should pass through quicker than average.

((In that case save a copy of some entropy fractured world for when I return to finish the Heaphestus quest))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: February 11, 2016, 12:06:47 am »

Action PMed

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: February 11, 2016, 06:35:52 pm »