Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182328 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 147 Fortune hates the cheaters
« Reply #4875 on: March 14, 2016, 06:47:58 pm »

For the moment, he restricted himself to inverting gravity of a nearby peeble and watching it slowly float away.
((... talk about magic- if physics applied, that pebble should have exploded.))
((Good for ATHATH.))
((Had he been that inept at inversion magic, the peeble would had turned into ethereal antimater and would had killed all ghosts on the island))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: March 14, 2016, 08:17:37 pm »

For the moment, he restricted himself to inverting gravity of a nearby peeble and watching it slowly float away.
((Good for ATHATH.))
((Had he been that inept at inversion magic, the peeble would had turned into ethereal antimater and would had killed all ghosts on the island))

((So... There would have been a 50% chance of Kahel dying?))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: March 14, 2016, 09:24:27 pm »

Impart my wide knowledge of curses into a conjured book! Up to 5 chaotic essences, using the strongest first.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: March 15, 2016, 07:59:55 am »

((Good for ATHATH.))
((The pebble would only explode if all gravitational forces involved were inverted (and actually, perhaps not even then - the internal force of gravity is probably small enough that the pebble could retain its form due to atomic bonds). Presumably, this was only inverting the gravity from the island on the pebble. Although, in that case, the pebble would be more flying away than floating. Kind of like falling up. Which is, in fact, exactly what's happening. Maybe this was only a partial inversion?))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:02:11 am by thegamemaster1234 »

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: March 15, 2016, 10:44:23 am »

Use five non-chaotic essences and attempt to age the Tyrannosaurus Rex to adulthood.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: March 15, 2016, 11:59:53 am »

Fly. Looking for Grundar. Try again to sense the branch.
Then make 2 summoning essences.

Call Grundar to make sure he's still alright. Ask if he's seen any mages or anything else interesting. How goes his orders to find Jase or Crimson?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:02:17 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: March 15, 2016, 03:40:30 pm »

try again to fix my leg, climb back up into the trees if it works

((also it still says turn 147))
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 148 Fortune hates the cheaters
« Reply #4882 on: March 15, 2016, 05:35:47 pm »

((Chorkinaan was supposed to have -1DEX from the injury I inflicted.))

Punch Chorkinaan in the skull, using kinesis magic to increase the kinetic energy of his skull going through his brain. (This ensures so that even if I get high POT/low CMP roll, it's his skull that explodes (as opposed to going straight backwards) rather than my hand.)

((Not talking because two turns close to death and have a chest wound.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: March 15, 2016, 10:13:20 pm »

((Chorkinaan was supposed to have -1DEX from the injury I inflicted.))

Punch Chorkinaan in the skull, using kinesis magic to increase the kinetic energy of his skull going through his brain. (This ensures so that even if I get high POT/low CMP roll, it's his skull that explodes (as opposed to going straight backwards) rather than my hand.)

((Not talking because two turns close to death and have a chest wound.))

((Why am I laughing so hard at the fact that I have forced Henry the Best to begin tryharding?))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: March 15, 2016, 10:34:27 pm »

((Tryharding?))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: March 16, 2016, 02:01:59 am »

((long story short, it's when somebody is throwing every amount of casual-ness in their actions out the window, and focusing entirely on their task, not speaking, not diverting their gaze, just silently trying really, really hard. I think it's become so mainstream as a way to mock the fact that it was originally used as an insult. It's become more of a neutral thing, but it's a way to note that somebody's having a hard enough time that they can't afford to split their focus.))

((And I really didn't know why it struck me as funny when it occurred to me that that's basically what Henry is doing in this situation.))

((On a side note, because I got a bit worried I was crossing a boundary or two, I really don't mean to insult players when I'm roleplaying Chorkinaan's battle banter and trash talk; in reality I actually really respect all the guys playing on this forum and their playstyle, but Chorkinaan strikes me as the kind of guy who enjoys being tauntingly abrasive in conflicts, so that's how I roleplay him.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: March 16, 2016, 02:14:32 am »

((Henry's not talking because talking makes the hole in his chest hurt even worse. Also, your character taunting our characters is not seen as you insulting us.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: March 16, 2016, 03:48:23 am »

((You can just quote your last turn action or post the sentence/something that is similar to "Same as last turn".))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: March 16, 2016, 04:03:19 am »

((meh))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: March 16, 2016, 05:01:02 am »

((You can just quote your last turn action or post the sentence/something that is similar to "Same as last turn".))
((Please never post action akin of "Same as last turn". At least show some courtesy to GM and quote the action you are repeating.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 506