Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182247 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 173.-0,1 To be changed
« Reply #5625 on: July 24, 2016, 08:18:04 pm »

((Do rabbits have shards?))

Order wasps to start building a massive hive and create 4 essence.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: July 24, 2016, 08:22:20 pm »

((Do rabbits have shards?))

Order wasps to start building a massive hive and create 4 essence.

((Only mages, for the most part. There've been a few other things that are shard-worthy, but they were a colossal worm and a dragon, respectively.

[The dragon didn't actually form any shards, but it was mentioned that the heart could be converted into a pretty measly amount.]))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: July 24, 2016, 08:24:37 pm »

((Ah, I feel kinda stupid for asking that question now))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: July 24, 2016, 08:34:28 pm »

((Ah, I feel kinda stupid for asking that question now))

((Don't worry about it. Happens to the best of us.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: July 24, 2016, 09:06:03 pm »

Bother.  If it's made of aether...

Well, attempt to dispel the decorative column.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: July 24, 2016, 10:03:57 pm »

Ooh! Well, that's... Going to do a thing or twenty. Here's hoping I don't end up some twisted abomination.
So, fellows, do we have a plan of what to do next, besides saving that guy from bleeding out? And by out, I mean out of every orifice? Should we try and reclaim the tower? Build a new fort? Have tea? What's next?
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 171 Explosive Finalle
« Reply #5631 on: July 24, 2016, 10:08:33 pm »

((What is toam?))
Basically, it was the Triad's counter-group to the Forces of Evil and Chaos's Elite Squad (F.E.C.E.S.), a group of three mages that were determined to usurp the position of the current top wizards (the Triad, which was made up of James (NAV), Sarrak, and Jase (Beirus)). One of them was Marcus, my former mind-mage/necromancer/cultist that attempted to turn the Tower's mind-wipe field into a weapon and came back from the dead with the Orb of Many Paths, another was Armok's character, a demonologist, and the final one was Old King Coal, Fallacy of Urist's former tyrannical overlord/bone mage that abused the wording of a Mimic Heart to turn into a Prismatic Dragon (a creature that can go toe to toe with gods and win) and destroyed the previous island. We had a Quicktopic and everything, and there were going to be jet crashes and vampiric transformations and revenge and...

Ah, good times, good times...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 171 Explosive Finalle
« Reply #5632 on: July 25, 2016, 12:46:53 am »

Sarrak

((Crimson, actually. Not to say that Sarrak is weak or anything, but he wasn't exactly a triad member in the first place, and he lost his stuff coming to the new island.

Although, come to think of it, the power difference between the triad and everyone else has changed a bit. Not a ton, exactly, but I bet it would be interesting to see the "growth" rate of newer players as compared to the originals.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: July 25, 2016, 01:42:41 am »

((I always thought the Triad just referred to the fact that Jase, James, and Crimson are the only three mages left of the original ten who first appeared on the island. Also, as far as I'm aware, the Triad never had anything to do with TOAM's formation. I thought James joined after the group of people ran off to the eldritch portal.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: July 25, 2016, 01:50:17 am »

((I always thought the Triad just referred to the fact that Jase, James, and Crimson are the only three mages left of the original ten who first appeared on the island. Also, as far as I'm aware, the Triad never had anything to do with TOAM's formation. I thought James joined after the group of people ran off to the eldritch portal.))

((Yeah, Skelliborn was the one who started TOAM. James didn't have much to do with it until joining, and Jase or Crimson actually may not have heard of it IC.

Triad does kinda refer to your being the first, but it carries some pretty heavy implications of power as well. You guys are by far the strongest mages currently alive.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: July 25, 2016, 02:18:25 am »

Kahel could not help but space out for a bit after successful healing. This had so many implications! He could start a magical bar someday, for example. And this was by far the mildest of ideas that came to his mind!

Seeing poisonous clouds dissasipate and noticing several figures of mages, Kahel confirmed their identities as non-murdeous ones - which was especially true with Eterna gone, considering Kahel's unfortunate attempt to kill him. Hm... Yes. A new hunt must be started after period of recuperation. Also, to find demon and see if he'll follow once again.

Come closer to the mages while trying to replicate octarine juice for trade purposes. Also, two essences [Liquid].
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: July 25, 2016, 04:29:16 am »

((DG: Charsheet doesn't appear to be up to date.))

Find the druid I chatted with earlier and question him about this scourge of ground swimming monster mouses or whatever they are. Their origin, weaknesses, strengths, what they have tried to fix it, what's planned next, ect. What other noteworthy things are in this forest?
Make 3 essences.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: July 25, 2016, 10:40:58 am »

Ooh! Well, that's... Going to do a thing or twenty. Here's hoping I don't end up some twisted abomination.
So, fellows, do we have a plan of what to do next, besides saving that guy from bleeding out? And by out, I mean out of every orifice? Should we try and reclaim the tower? Build a new fort? Have tea? What's next?

I actually do have an idea of a massive spell ritual for us to do at some point, but its going to take a ton of essences from every mage involved as well as the choice of 3+ items for the ritual with considerable power just to set up for the spell. In the meantime I would recommend essence crafting.((I will create a quicktopic on this asap))
((My meta: irl I'm leaving on a trip where I will have no way to contact society for about a week and a half starting wednesday. Another effect of this is that essentially, my 3 turn limit to heal my wounds has been reduced to just this turn))

((If no one posts an action which heals me by the time I need to leave then I will have no choice but to transfer skelliborn's conscience/mind into a blade. While I can think of 10 or more ways for that spell to go wrong, It would allow for my mind to be transferred again should a suitable body be created))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: July 25, 2016, 02:06:36 pm »

((I think me and Jiksap can help you with that.))

Sounds like a plan. But maybe we should take that elsewhere? I mean, eldritch fields aren't exactly the nicest place to stand around creating essences. Like I said, we could try to reclaim and/or secure that tower that popped up near the portal, which since nobody has bothered to correct me on I am assuming I was correct in the assumption that it belongs to TOAM, or maybe just head someplace where the grass is less purple. It's unwise to hang around in eldritch climes for long.

3 essences
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: July 25, 2016, 02:13:45 pm »

Summon a cluster of generic cubes.
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 506