Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182320 times)

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 173.-0,1 To be changed
« Reply #5640 on: July 25, 2016, 03:08:06 pm »

make four essences, then make my balloon into a balloon animal using my expert clown skills! poke the inactive unresponding guy with a finger.
(( I don't think I know how modifiers work- I keep on using essences to counteract the maluses, but it seems that they don't show up in the first place. were they changed and the OP wasn't updated or something?))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: July 25, 2016, 03:08:49 pm »

Mmmmmm

meditate.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: July 25, 2016, 04:48:26 pm »

Take the serrated sword to the other skeleton and rip him apart.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 172 Loot and Exploration
« Reply #5643 on: July 25, 2016, 07:13:24 pm »

Take the serrated sword to the other skeleton and rip him apart.

You haven't got a serrated sword. You had a lead bloodstone pipe, which you dropped.

(( I don't think I know how modifiers work- I keep on using essences to counteract the maluses, but it seems that they don't show up in the first place. were they changed and the OP wasn't updated or something?))

They are still there, but I usually don't write them down because in most cases -1 doesn't do much due to essences involved. IN your animation spell there was no -3 because you were not making an item with animate modifier, animating the balloon was the whole spell.

Name: Damond
Affinity: Punches
Description: In which a boxer punched a mage to death and absorbed his soul into his fists.
STR: 3(2+1 from END)
DEX: 0
SPD: 0
END: 6(gives 1 STR also)
POT: 0

First action:

"Ah, I have arrived! Soon I shall punch somebody! HAHA!"

Crush 4 shards for +1 POT, explore area, make 3 Punches essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Portal flared to life and from it stepped Damond, a practitioner of highly unusual type of magic and a member of mysterious and distinguished clan of Muscle Wizards. He flexed upon entering, loosening up his muscular frame and looked around.

Aw.

Search for a friend. Perform my auto-action.

{For future reference, please just copy-paste the actual action so that I wouldn't need to search for it. Also, I am not going to do any auto actions besides making attacked people defend themselves.}
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bloodmage Jackson was second to enter through the portal, but far better known than Damond. He was known for being able to weave music that was not only magical but absolutely enchanting and for ending most of his shows as a bloodied heap of broken bones and torn muscles. He tested his voice once. He tested his voice twice. He tested his voice thrice and then both of his ears exploded.

{Bloodmage Jackson: Deaf.}
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:29:07 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: July 25, 2016, 07:39:40 pm »

((turns out that I may end up missing up to 4 turns in a row.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: July 25, 2016, 08:42:59 pm »

Damond:

"HAHA! You are funny, no-eared man! For this I spare you! Now then!"

Damond punches the fourth wall to add the d to the end of his name. More seriously, he dashes off in a random direction, making 3 Punches essences as he goes.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: July 25, 2016, 11:19:13 pm »

try to regain consciousness, if I do then fly to the tower in my new form
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: July 26, 2016, 01:47:17 am »

Cast healing spells on Skelliborn until he is healthy (though still cursed unfortunately).
"That should help, but I don't know any way to cure your curse so be careful."
Also give him back his healing swiss army knife.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: July 26, 2016, 02:22:13 am »

((DG, did you roll for my 3 essences yet? I didn't do essences last turn))

2 spaces all northwest hex?

Also, 3 essences.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:45:52 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: July 26, 2016, 07:28:28 am »

((DG, did you roll for my 3 essences yet?))

3 spaces all northwest hex?

Also, 3 essences.

Did you send a PM? Because if you did, I have lost it. Apologies, do resend it.

Also, does 3 spaces all northwest hex? mean you want to go northwest further?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: July 26, 2016, 08:44:56 am »

3 spaces all northwest hex?

Also, 3 essences.

Did you send a PM? Because if you did, I have lost it. Apologies, do resend it.

Also, does 3 spaces all northwest hex? mean you want to go northwest further?

I mean because hex had direct connection to (clockwise from north) North-Northeast-Southeast-South-Southwest-Northwest, choose the direct connection to the Northwest, two times. Sorry for the 'three times', editing.

Also i didn't post last turn action, so don't mind it.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 173
« Reply #5651 on: July 26, 2016, 09:43:59 am »

They are still there, but I usually don't write them down because in most cases -1 doesn't do much due to essences involved. IN your animation spell there was no -3 because you were not making an item with animate modifier, animating the balloon was the whole spell.
Wait, what? Haven't you always applied a -3 for animating pre-existing objects?
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 173
« Reply #5652 on: July 26, 2016, 11:11:56 am »

Wait, what? Haven't you always applied a -3 for animating pre-existing objects?

Considering that animating pre-existing objects happened less than five times in the game (Honestly I can only remember one time when it happened off the top of my head) I don't think anyone will lose too much by this silent change. It seemed silly for me because with the -3 for enchanting existing objects there was no reason not to make the object animate in the first place.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: July 26, 2016, 02:36:16 pm »

My word, the uses for this Eternity stuff are truly fascinating! It may come in handy later. Now, though, I need to fix up this thing. Can't go running around in disfunctional machinery!

Repair my armor using 3/3 essences (1 +1CMP, 1 +1POT, 2 +1/+1). Also create one essence.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: July 26, 2016, 10:09:40 pm »

"Wait! Melee-looking guy! Let's make a Buffer-Fighter team!"

Make 3 more Major Blood Music essences.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 506