Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182373 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 174 Halberd of Neutrality
« Reply #5685 on: July 31, 2016, 12:52:34 pm »

"Thanks a lot. I appreciate the gesture."

Test my body after James finishes healing by crafting three essences [Liquid].
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: July 31, 2016, 02:02:14 pm »

What is the source of the current turn's title?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: July 31, 2016, 02:09:11 pm »

Continue trying to bring the pyramid under my control.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: July 31, 2016, 07:37:41 pm »

Attempt to fix holes in armor by telling suit to do it, then if that doesn't work by fixing manually, then if THAT doesn't work by using magic again.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: July 31, 2016, 08:01:14 pm »

Turn 175

switch to my new form and fly to the tower, changing back if I get there
have my birds follow me

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seva reshaped his body and took to the air. He was uninjured in this form, but there was still some clouds on his mind from before. He managed to reach the edge of the swamps before pausing for a bit of a breather. There were some unexpected benefits to this, such as the joy of actually flying as a bird rather than using magic wings that were close, but not the real thing.

"oh I like this........I like this a lot......"

go outside and use one metor spell. not to hit anything. just to pull it down and observe it. use an essence +1/+1

Flare left the tower and climbed atop one of the walls. He focused on one of the meteors above and pulled onto the metal that was within. A bright light flared up as it approached the island. Flare followed the light with his eyes, watching as it was strangely not growing brighter, and after a while disappeared beneath the horizon. It would seem that square kilometer size island is not quite large enough of a target. Flare wondered if this was his fault or the general inaccuracy of meteor flinging, and which of the two was worse.

Damond:

"Soon, soon! I shall find a good fight!"

Damond makes 3 punches essences, then looks for trouble. AKA, enemies, preferably with good loot.

Damond focused some more power, some of which refused to wait and settled on his right fist, and began wandering through the swamp. There was little of interest, besides some frogs being strangely brightly colored. Then, from what appeared as an entirely unexceptional patch of wet dirt. rose up a monster. It seemed as if someone had taken a gargantuan slab of rotten meat and tried to carve it into humanoid shape, but ditched the idea halfway through. Thick bands of muscles gave it a figure that resembled a wardrobe in general shape, and its skin was covered in green and red ridges and lumps. It was a swamp troll and it seemed hungry.

Make a fort from the generic cubes and summon a small hidden mobile sense-extended(sight level, if I get to choose) diamond cube. Use 2 chaotic +2/+1 essences,1 chaotic +1 CMP essence, 1 normal +1 CMP essence, and 1 normal +1/+1 essence.

The limit of +5/+5 to a spell applies to noncombat spells too. Proceed?

((Assuming wasps will carry on building))

Make 4 essence.

Sunday watched with interest as wasps began making cocoons of recycled wood near the corpse pile. They stacked them one on another, making a larger structure. It was growing swiftly, though it was still quite wet, and therefore, soft. Sunday was the distracted from the nest by a strange sound that seemed to resonate with his bones, akin to some of the louder music he had heard some time ago. Strangely, it sounded like something breaking over and over.

Go in for the "kill" by taking off the skeleton's head, and advance.

Duritarum swiftly attacked once more, this time knocking off the head of the skeleton, leaving the rest of the body to crumple. The force of the strike was great enough to send the skull flying back into the lobby. That might be a problem later, but Duritarum wanted to see more of the place before having to fight his way out. And what a sight it was. On an altar, surrounded by four torches burning with natural orange flames, was a ruby that seemed to have a spark of light trapped within. It was a Flaming Heart, artifact that would grant the user ability to control fire.

((Waiting for other members of TOAM. Chorkinaan is sorely lacking anything to do.))

Chorkinaan tempts fate by playing essence roulette, and seeing what the mutation comes up with.

Chorkinaan, being a daring mage, decided to test this thaumic instability he was afflicted with. It did not take long before another essence collapsed, feeding the instability and causing it to act. Chorkinaan's hair fused into several thicker strands which then began sprouting leaves.

increase my balloon's size to a mountable size using an 1/1 and an 1/2 essence. mount the balloon then ride to over to that island to the west/left.
((the dude I met has my name in the list of players, is this intentional or a mistake?))

{The legend is fixed.}

Clownman picked up his balloon of incompetence, put it to his lips and exhaled. Obediently, the balloon inflated, growing in size. But the magic was not quite entirely sound. As it's size increased the mobility enchantment did not increase in power, leaving the balloon barely able to slide over earth, let alone fly.

Wizards and Sorcerers, Our good friend Atomic Chicken has blessed us with a Table of Contents - Links to all Turns and names of said turns all in one neat place. It is in the OP, go check it out. Look at some turns while you're at it to laugh at old shenanigans or cringe at my writing before I began using spellcheck.
((Great to hear! I'll immerse myself in the past today, then.))

Kahel oversaw the destruction of surrounding landscape, sniffed the air a couple of time to make sure poisonous cloud dissasipated, and approached victorious mages.

"Ahem. Now that you're somewhat free, James, may I interest you in my charred arms? An experiment went wrong and, without obsidian staff, I could not change the outcome in time. I don't think I have shards currently, but we can discuss other means of payment."
"Don't worry about the payment, that can wait. I'll heal ya."
Fully heal Kahel, up to three spells if necessary.

James looked over Kahel critically. There were a lot of burns and he had made some parts significantly worse by moving around so much. The first spell, cleared away most of the burns, while second one dealt with the remainder and healed the liver damage caused by toxins from the jellyfish sting. It was an improvement in situation so great that it took all of Kahel's self-control to not break into a celebratory dance. He opted to fall onto the ground to feel how the remainder of healing magic fixed his joints where exhaustion had caused cell damage.

((Transform injuries into music(aka, insubstantial)?))
That sounds like a really bad idea.

Do that.

With essences that total up to +3/+3, of course, as well as two extra GBM-fueled essences.

It was troublesome when you did not have a healer to scoop you up in a bucket and put you back together after a concert, but Jackson had an idea on how to fix this. If sound could harm, then certainly it could heal as well. And what better way than to transform the very injuries into music? Jackson unleashed his magic and his bones began moving, the cracks opened and half of his skeleton shattered. But it did not end there, the bones continued to move, striking against one another and causing tiny amount of bone to crumble into dust, which, after mixing with some inter-tissue fluids turned into perfect glue to put the bones back together. Jackson had his skeleton fixed up again, though he could not enjoy it fully due to excruciating pain he felt during the whole procedure.

"Thanks a lot. I appreciate the gesture."

Test my body after James finishes healing by crafting three essences [Liquid].

Kahel laid in a relaxed pose on the ground, but his mind was anything but. He was conjuring more power again, hoping to repay the debt he owed soon.

Continue trying to bring the pyramid under my control.
Xom attempted again to take over the pyramid, but just as thieves thousands of years ago failed to get in, so did he. there was some effect though, as where before pyramid was very ,much trying to kill him, it now began firing at the clouds of chaos around itself, creating more fractal sulfur sculptures. Few bolts landed rather close to Xom, reminding him that he was not yet safe.

Attempt to fix holes in armor by telling suit to do it, then if that doesn't work by fixing manually, then if THAT doesn't work by using magic again.

Jiksap looked at his suit (which he did through the suit's visor) and with firm voice ordered it to cease this tomfoolery. As it refused to obey, he took to harsher measures, and began moving around some of the armor plates manually. Soon, his suit was again both armored and unleaking, and he had a handful of extra screws. You always get leftover screws when you construct something.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:57:30 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 175 Mythical restoration
« Reply #5690 on: July 31, 2016, 08:03:24 pm »

You know the drill. Pm's are tomorrow.

@ATHATH The halberd of neutrality is a reference to Dungeons of Dredmor, placed there because Xom now has both Law and Chaos affinities, and therefore, reached balance.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: July 31, 2016, 08:07:57 pm »

Rip out the heart of the rabbit and eat it raw, in an attempt to please the blood god. Observe wasps, attempting to gain enlightenment afterwards.

((Assuming wasps will continue building the hive.))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:04:43 pm by vishdafish »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: July 31, 2016, 08:55:20 pm »

Damond:

"Aha! Prepare to die!"

Damond starts out with a punch with his right fist.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: July 31, 2016, 09:14:56 pm »

keep flying towards the tower, see if I can make essences, make 2 if possible

((can't see the map again))
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: July 31, 2016, 09:53:18 pm »

Essences are POT/CMP, right? If so, proceed.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: August 01, 2016, 12:18:22 am »

Supressing his burning desire to roll on the ground to wriggle in some strange rainmaking dance ritual - an influx of emotions he addressed to his restored bodily functions - Kahel got up and smiled:

"Perfect restoration! James, your mastery surpassed my expectations. Consider myself in your debt. I'll do what I can to repay you - just mention it."

Create three more [Liquid] essences while observing living mages on the map, planning my future hunts. Also, try to find Xazoliomuhr in the same way - despite his lack of any magical affinity, he might show up there as an inherently magical creature of demonic origin.

((Docs still mention me as being burned (and, probably, intoxicated). Can you correct this?))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:25:00 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: August 01, 2016, 04:50:14 am »

2 essences.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: August 01, 2016, 12:25:17 pm »

use the chaos 2/1 essence and the +1pot essence to make it animate again.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: August 01, 2016, 02:05:56 pm »

Fire and blood, power of burning vitality... Ha.
Shape the blood from the bar turned crescent and some from one side of the serrated sword and create a staff center piecing the Heart.

((whoops accidentally overwrote this post trying to get back my text color))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:56:52 pm by BlackHeartKabal »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: August 01, 2016, 05:30:09 pm »

I'm a tree...  :D

Well, anyway, I was thinking I'd head towards some interesting land I saw east of here. Would anybody like to come with?

Chorkinaan walks around the blast zone on its south side and heads east towards that sort of crags-looking area, making three essences on the way.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:32:05 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 506