Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163593 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 177 Merchants of miracles
« Reply #5760 on: August 10, 2016, 05:41:59 pm »

Search for an unoccupied room inside. Craft 3 [Temperature] essences and try [Liquid] luck roulette afterwards.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: August 10, 2016, 06:38:20 pm »

PM addendum to turn.

This is turning into a big game of "how many things can I get out of the way in one turn."

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: August 11, 2016, 07:10:57 am »

"Duh. Well then.... Let's get a party down here, okay?"

Let's see how this PM'd spell works....
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:23:35 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: August 11, 2016, 07:55:41 pm »

Turn 178

Call a live wasp (or multiple ones, if one will not suffice) and store it in my pocket. Skin the rabbit afterwards.

Easter skinned the rabbit, for reasons unknown and stored a few wasps in his pocket, unsatisfied with storing them flying in the air. The wasps still flying mostly finished their nest and were now flying about.

Summon a large heating cube, using 1 chaotic +1/+1 and 1 chaotic +1 CMP essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac attempted to conjure some warmth again an this time, results were much better. A burning cube of wood appeared before him, certainly warm, but not particularly reliable or easy to transport.

Behold, the power of teamwork!

Just to clarify: DG, you do know that the regeneration of (normal) trolls is bypassed by fire damage, which Dragonfire Inspiration adds to attacks, right?

Cast a GBM-boosted spell to summon a silver fiddle (that is sized appropriately for me) 1 foot above my open right hand. Then cast a GBM-boosted Bonefiddle on the troll. It probably won't pierce the troll's regeneration, but it should cause it a lot of mental anguish, hopefully penalizing its END rolls.
Damond, Master of Fist:

"I am glad I choose to fight you! However, this ends now! So I can eat your corpse!"

Damond throws a punch with his left fist, and uses GBM to boost it. In addition, he modifies the punch to increase the friction it generates upon impact, thus causing it to burst into flame upon impact. Fire punch, basically.

Troll roared in pain and anger and swung it's meaty hand at Damond. Not being easy to scare, Damond blocked the strike with his right arm, but even though the punch was impaired by wounds, Damond could feel his bones creak from the force. But creaking aside, his arm held, leaving Troll open to counterattack. A blazing fist smacked against the chest of the troll, searing away flesh and leaving bleeding wounds. Troll roared in pain again, but still stood, as the fiery strike failed to penetrate to internal organs. From far away a ear grating sound flowed, annoying to Damond but harmful to the Troll. It cut with precision of a scalpel, but trollish regeneration was powerful enough to render this to a mere distraction.

Make 2 essences, wander around the tower if my injuries have been healed enough to safely walk.

Seva tried walking a few steps and determined that his feet were firm enough to stand on, even if his stomach was in no position to handle anything. He wandered off through the castle corridors, and soon managed to find something that would really help him to celebrate recovery of internal organs soon to come. A bar filled with various bottles and barrels stood before Seva's eyes.

"hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....."
head in the direction of the meteor

Flare flew off from the tower gates and towards the horizon over which the meteor fell. He flew almost all the way to the western island, looking at the edge from above the waters.

"Alright then."
Graft a pair of essences while traveling to the southwest.

Gambler too left the devastated landscape and moved off on his own way. His was a slower, more ponderous pace, possibly as he wondered what the skeletons were going to do about that lake of magma that was the tentacle lakes.

Head east until I see mages in another hex.
3 essences

Skeliborn ventured out eastwards, passing by the crater, walking a large circle around crystal towers and ending up in the middle of burning plains. A wizard could be seen off in the distance, though all the flames made it a bit hard to make out any details.

Shape some blood into large spikes and let them fly at the skeletons.

Duritarum attempted to conjure blood spikes, but rush to beat the charging skeletons left tho blood unmoved. Before he could try again, Duritarum had to roll out of the way of flying fireballs. It was a fine roll that sent him out of the way for magic, but triumph at dodging mastery was interrupted by swords stabbing into stomach and cutting through his right arm. Even if he had the power, this was still very unfavorable five versus one.

Northwards. Essence roulette.

Shias left the forest and moved off north, towards the Tower. Either spellcasting or monster hunting, it was the best place to search for help for both. As he walked and one of his essences leaked out into the wild, causing a small field of flowers grow in his wake.

Xom initiates pyramid restoration by strengthening the degree of order within the construct's physical structure and diminishing the chaotic disposition of loose/dropped/damaged components. All non-chaotic essences shall be used for this.

Xom will then play essence roulette with law essences.

Xom threw a bolt of law energy at his new pet pyramid and watched as a single stone rose from the ground and reattached itself to the pyramid. Fixing the pyramid might take a while without either more power or more knowledge as to what is wrong. As Xom was distracted, one of his essences escaped and turned the last of chaos charged clouds into sulfur statues.

"Oops."

So you are not a member of TOAM, are you? I can tell by your reaction. You've got a bad poker face, person. So, let me assess my situation. You're hurt and basically helpless at the bottom of a pit. At this point, I have a choice between gaining a friend, or gaining shards. On account of the fact that I just joined a fairly large guild of wizards, I think I can live without ONE extra friend. That only leaves one alternative: gaining shards. So, in that case, how's about I stop monologuing and get my murder on?

Surg's at the bottom of a fairly deep crack in the ground, right? In that case, drop a sharp rock on him by targeting a thin cross-section of rock which wraps around a piece of the edge of the ground (with the targeted stone reaching air on all sides of the inner stone), and lower its melting point drastically, dislodging the non-targeted stone within its borders and sending it down the crack at Surg. Use chaotic +1/+1 essence and chaotic +2/+1 essence.
((That was kind of confusing wasn't it? Here's a crappy Paint drawing of my plan. To those who have been following roll to twitch, now you know why I don't want to be the one to draw the comic adaptation.))

"Duh. Well then.... Let's get a party down here, okay?"

Let's see how this PM'd spell works....

Chorkinaan, seeing a fellow mage so obiviously trapped could not resist. After all, if a mage dies in a middle of nowhere with no witneses, will anyone blame him for this? Well yes, as long as divination exists, somebody will, but this was too good to pass up. A large stone split off and rammed into Surg's shoulder blades, doing little damage but pinning him down even further. Then the ground around the crack began moving and Chorkinaan leapt backwards, avoiding the crumbling edge, but catching another with his left leg and twisting his ankle hard enough to actually make the bone pop out.

Search for an unoccupied room inside. Craft 3 [Temperature] essences and try [Liquid] luck roulette afterwards.

Kahel began wandering through the Tower searching for a chamber to call his very own. One door in particular seemed to interest him, and beyond it laid the most disgusting wall Kahel had ever seen. It was repulsive enough to crush all hope that anything was worth exploring, including magic. Kahel closed the door and moved to another room, his mind scared, possibly permanently. He opted to conjure essences, those were familiar and not threatening to return more horror. The thought seemed rather ironic a minute later, as after an especially long power concentrating session magic almost angrily turned against Kahel, causing him to melt in his liquid form. With some willpower Kahel managed to return to solid form, but from now on turning into liquid to avoid attacks carried risks of it's own.

{Artist's block, 2 turns - can't do original spells, all spells have to come from rulebooks/movies/games/etc.}
{Melting - each time a roll of Liquid form success, take a minor injury.}

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 178 Misscasts and Plots
« Reply #5764 on: August 11, 2016, 07:56:55 pm »

Alas, PM's come tommorow again.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: August 11, 2016, 08:04:37 pm »

try to sense the metal around me to find the meteor and go to it. if I cant sense it, keep going farther out
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: August 11, 2016, 08:25:45 pm »

Travel over to the mage I can see. (to the east)
3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: August 11, 2016, 08:28:10 pm »

Start a ritual, using the rabbit bone, skin and wasps in my pocket. Use 2 +1/+2 ess, 1 +1/1 ess and 2 +1 ess. Use GBM as well. The effect is to grow a wasp exoskeleton, with the massive modifier.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: August 11, 2016, 09:08:28 pm »

I should probably stop leaving cursed items in random rooms.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: August 11, 2016, 09:23:24 pm »

Does my public stuff get processed at the same time as the PM, or...?

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: August 11, 2016, 09:54:52 pm »

Bothered, Chorkinaan attempts to reset his ankle, then tries the same spell/technique again, targeting a larger section of rock this time. essences: 2 chaotic +1 CMP, 1 chaotic +2 CMP

Come on, now! You're pinned at the bottom of a crack! Won't you just kindly give up and die already?
Don't answer that. We all know the answer.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: August 11, 2016, 10:17:32 pm »

When you use "mis" as a prefix, it only has one "s". "Miscast" is not exempt from this rule. [/pedantry]

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: August 11, 2016, 10:19:38 pm »

Grammmar Nazi alert.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:21:17 pm by vishdafish »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 178.5 Grammatical Hitler
« Reply #5773 on: August 11, 2016, 10:38:40 pm »

Hey, grammar is important.  :P

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 178 Miscasts and Plots
« Reply #5774 on: August 11, 2016, 10:56:04 pm »

Posting to watch! And maybe join, once I've read all the rules and determined whether theres still room.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 506