Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181572 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 179 Anime battles and time shifts.
« Reply #5835 on: August 17, 2016, 09:29:45 pm »

"Progress marches onwards, I suppose."

Use a +1+1 essence to simplify the information contained within the manual, much in the same way I altered the alchemy book for my own use. Try and add a table of contents as well, if at all possible.

"That should complete the translation. My apologies for the delay."

Viznor suddenly glances downwards, abandoning his usual rigid posture.

"Having heard of your selflessness in healing others, I am ashamed to ask for anything in return. But, ah, if you do not have a use for those items..."

He somewhat awkwardly gestures to the magic containment box James is carrying, presumably referring to the various objects inside.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: August 18, 2016, 07:11:37 am »

((Oops.

Anyone interested in getting to the bottom?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: August 18, 2016, 12:07:34 pm »

((Oops.

Anyone interested in getting to the bottom?))

((Side quest or misplaced spell? Sure, after I  do something with the sharpness in my hands))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 177 Merchants of miracles
« Reply #5838 on: August 18, 2016, 12:16:47 pm »

3 Essences.
Wasn't processed.  3 Essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: August 18, 2016, 02:34:46 pm »

Continue to reinforce the pyramid and create two chaos essences.
((Incidentally, could I get the pyramid's stats?))

The notion of cannibalistic rocks seems interesting, though I assume that they're entirely incapable of actually ingesting things. Nevertheless, conduct science by dumping Bernardo's corpse on them.

Blobs of liquid began floating in the air as gravity began to fail. The liquid was met by few small pebbles, few larger pieces and one particular stone which had certain pyramidine quality about it.
((This had nothing to do with Bernardo's law construct, right? I've postponed the investigation for quite a while.))
Search for the stone.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: August 18, 2016, 08:58:11 pm »

Turn 180

Just kinda... skirt around them to the tower, then enter and make 3 essences.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gambler decided to skip out on greeting those certainly nice mages. Being so nice, they probably won't take offense. The Tower was just as Gambler remembered it, full of mages doing some strange stuff. Some trading, some crafting, some wandering around.

Head to that tower.

Cuberac gripped his heating cube in a tight hug and began walking towards the tower his diamond eye saw. Slogging through the snow was an unappealing experience, only amplified by the difference in temperature between chest and feet. Finally, the tower was in sight. The entrance was thankfully not locked and there was no snow or wind inside. As Cuberac's eyes and ears adjusted to darkness and silence within the tower, he noticed a silent chanting coming from basement entrance that this tower apparently had.

Hey Chorkinan. What's up? Any reason why you're attacking a hole?

Transfer all sharpness caused by the essence collapse last turn into my fingertips so as to make my hand like that of Killua in hunter x hunter.killua

Skeliborn focused on his bones, on the very edge of them that formed a blade. He gripped the essence of the edge and shifted it, moving it to his nails, which grew and sharpened into spikes. As the spell finished it's work, the nails were a triangular spikes with sharp edges, fearsome natural weapon but rather obstructing if you wanted to hold anything.

Roll for more power, using 4 +1 pot essence.

Easter Sunday continued channeling power into the ritual, the lines outlining the future form began growing thicker and more complex. Wasplike features began to form, faint outline of wings and a stinger appeared.

using 1 +1cmp,  2 1/1 and 3 +1pt essences make myself not incompetent at communicating with other beings, talk to slime if this works.

Clownman focused on himself, and attempted to tear out one of his flaws by the roots. The flaw of being slow to learn how to communicate with creatures to be specific. He could feel as something left him, taking with it a fog that surrounded his mind, fog that he had not noticed before. He immediately noticed that the slime was becoming more curious with it's pseudopods and deduced that it was certainly attempting to communicate nicely from the lack of pressure pseudopods exerted on the balloon.

{Intuitive translation gained}

Fly to the swamps, directly southwest(straight line of hexes)

make 2 essences

Seva had little interest in the stars or the telescope, although the open sky reminded him of business elsewhere. He was feeling well again, and with that his desire to stay in the Tower waned to none. He took flight through the open roof, night sky returning to daylight as soon as he rose above the half-ceiling and glided off towards the swamps.

Damond, Irritated Boxer Mage:

"You're a tough one! But I've got a bit more for you!"

Damond throws a GBM boosted punch... right at the troll's soul.
Weaken the troll's soul (so that FoU can punch it out more easily) by playing [insert the band that DG hates the most here] music.

Troll was not a naturally swift creature, but just like alligator, it could catch unwary with an unexpectedly swift move once in a while. This was one such move and it caught Damond right in the jaw, chipping one of his teeth. Damond, however, was having enough of this slugging match. He recognized troll's great endurance, and threw a punch that would pierce any physical defenses. His fist stopped at the troll's chest, but his strike knocked a ghastly image out of the troll. The body collapsed, while the image stood around confused. It resolved confusion in the only way it knew, and ghost troll's arm rose for another punch. Some distance away, Jackson was singing a song that was not heard by anyone.

Laugh and charge through the skeletons to the exit.

Duritarum took the opportunity as soon as it presented itself and fled through now no longer burning exit. The exit was a corridor, quite long and narrow, which reduced Duritarum's chances of dodging to nothing, a fact both burning skeletons made use of by throwing most powerful wave of fire yet. Even with all that effort, Duritarum continued his streak of resisting fire perfectly. The flames rolled over him without any harm, even his clothes were undamaged. In no time at all, he was in open air again.

Ah. Well, that cancels plan A.
Chorkinaan assesses the situation and makes 3 essences

{If you are changing your action, please cross out your previous posted actions.}

Chorkinaan, deciding that pacifism and cooperation were rather stellar ideas, especially in face of fighting twice the number of mages he signed up for. However, the particular way in which Surg was stuck made helping him rather difficult without harming him further. That left Chorkinaan little to do but wait for Surg to help himself.

"I think i'm at the bottom."
Aim the PM'd spell into the floor near me(but not exactly where i am standing on, or anything near a wall).

Your situation looks like this
Are you certain that is the spell you want to use?

Revelation Kahel has seen, was a bit too much for his weary mind. Of course, it did not mean that his psyche suddenly collapsed - no, mages could live through much, much more horrific events mentally unscarred. But it made him see the mistakes of his current ways and turn back towards more direct approach...

Leave the Tower. Walk in random direction, THEN greet the first non-Triad mage seen with a glorious 'Fireball'. Two +1 CMP essences, one +1/+2 essence and Lesser Blood Power.

('Fireball' - in most pyromaniacal practices, it is an orb of fiery death that explodes upon reaching the enemy. So, its probably equates to summoning a superheated/flammable orb-shaped liquid mass with following & ranged modifiers that combusts explosively upon coming in contact with any non-gaseous substance.)

((So, it's decided. Let the murder commence! I wish all mages present good luck and explosive fun.))

Kahel left the tower. It was an evil place, for no good place would house such horror. He spun around three times with his eyes closed and set off entirely at random, directly southwards. He crossed the plains, went into the forest and stopped almost exactly in the middle of it. A small branch fell on his shoulder causing him to look upwards and discover that there were vines with rather menacing looking spikes that were extending towards him.

"Progress marches onwards, I suppose."

Use a +1+1 essence to simplify the information contained within the manual, much in the same way I altered the alchemy book for my own use. Try and add a table of contents as well, if at all possible.

"That should complete the translation. My apologies for the delay."

Viznor suddenly glances downwards, abandoning his usual rigid posture.

"Having heard of your selflessness in healing others, I am ashamed to ask for anything in return. But, ah, if you do not have a use for those items..."

He somewhat awkwardly gestures to the magic containment box James is carrying, presumably referring to the various objects inside.

Viznor augmented the spell binding the instructions manual, forcing it to become actually useful for a casual user. Table of contents appeared, as well as clear instructions how to get to base position and how to change from base position to any other position with pictures for each form. The tome got only slightly thicker as a lot of useless technical information disappeared.

3 Essences.
Wasn't processed.  3 Essences.

{Resolved now}
Magus N.A. was working away at focusing his power. The whole of the tower was a focus to him, and he was getting some very fine results. It was not particularly exciting, but excitement came later, along with victory and success.

Continue to reinforce the pyramid and create two chaos essences.
((Incidentally, could I get the pyramid's stats?))

The notion of cannibalistic rocks seems interesting, though I assume that they're entirely incapable of actually ingesting things. Nevertheless, conduct science by dumping Bernardo's corpse on them.

Blobs of liquid began floating in the air as gravity began to fail. The liquid was met by few small pebbles, few larger pieces and one particular stone which had certain pyramidine quality about it.
((This had nothing to do with Bernardo's law construct, right? I've postponed the investigation for quite a while.))
Search for the stone.

{Added Pyramid stats to Charsheet under NPC's}
The stones proved non-carnivorous and continued to try to eat each other and their less mobile brethren rather than Bernardo's corpse. This provided Xom with boredom, and thus, time for thoughts. Specifically, thoughts about how that pyramid cap was exactly the right size to be the pyramidine key he was chasing after in the volcano. The pyramid was now at full power, so recovering the key could be troublesome.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 180 Friendship and Pondering
« Reply #5841 on: August 18, 2016, 08:58:53 pm »

PM's are being processed and should arrive shortly.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: August 18, 2016, 09:57:45 pm »

four essences, attempt to get the balloon to animate a pseudopod to communicate friendliness back to the slime.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: August 19, 2016, 04:54:02 am »

Well then, 2 essences.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: August 19, 2016, 05:35:53 am »

Would you like to join TOAM?

Use 5   +1/+1 essences to give me the ability to change  wether my fingertips are sharp or not, much like how wolverine can retract his claws at will. (Ideally changing between one state to the other would then become a free action if this spell succeeds)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: August 19, 2016, 06:16:15 am »

"Yes."
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: August 19, 2016, 06:44:39 am »

Even more power with GBM.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: August 19, 2016, 06:50:56 am »

Welcome to TOAM.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: August 19, 2016, 08:20:12 am »

Damond, Fist Wizard:

"AHA! Perhaps now your physical endurance will be of no help to you!"

Damond punches the troll's soul image. And uses GBM. His particular target: the troll's arm that was about to punch.

((Also, Damond has +1 to Potency, not Competency. Shouldn't much matter for this result, but it could in the future.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: August 19, 2016, 12:49:36 pm »

Damond, Fist Wizard:

"AHA! Perhaps now your physical endurance will be of no help to you!"

Damond punches the troll's soul image. And uses GBM. His particular target: the troll's arm that was about to punch.

((Also, Damond has +1 to Potency, not Competency. Shouldn't much matter for this result, but it could in the future.))

((You have +0 to POT rolls and all mages have inherit +1 to CMP rolls.))
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 506