Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179384 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 180 Friendship and Pondering
« Reply #5865 on: August 21, 2016, 07:55:02 pm »

Alright then, first things first.

Chorkinaan decreases the melting point of any stone immediately holding Surg down. No essences.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 180 Friendship and Pondering
« Reply #5866 on: August 21, 2016, 08:08:26 pm »

Turn 181

four essences, attempt to get the balloon to animate a pseudopod to communicate friendliness back to the slime.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clownman carefully manipulated his balloon to create a pseudopod and poke the slime back in the same way it had pocked the balloon. The slime retracted all of it's pseudopods, did a spin and bumped into the balloon. Clownman decided that this, in the unsophisticated language of slimes was a promise of eternal love and that it meant that he had a new pet.

Well then, 2 essences.

Surg continued his prolonged stay in the pit in hopes that his newfound friends, one of which was trying to kill him a few minutes ago, won't accidentally kill him. Or "accidentally" kill him. Or tear off his leg and declare the situation fixed because he no longer had a leg broken. To a mage, those were all very real and, due to their commonness, very unintimidating prospects.

Would you like to join TOAM?

Use 5   +1/+1 essences to give me the ability to change  wether my fingertips are sharp or not, much like how wolverine can retract his claws at will. (Ideally changing between one state to the other would then become a free action if this spell succeeds)

Skeliborn, overlooking the victim and the killer make friends, decided to meaningfully focus on his claws for a bit. He focused the potential sharpness and balanced it against the real edge, creating a mostly nonexistent plane of reality specifically for containing his nail claws when not in use. There was probably a better way of doing this but he was busy impressing the two fresher mages before him.

Even more power with GBM.

Easter Sunday continued channeling power into his soon to be armor. It was now complete, all parts finished and functional, but as a mage he could still charge it with even more supernatural ability.

Form 2 essences, head towards the chanting.

Cuberac decided that if he was to stay in the tower it would be a smart idea to greet the inhabitants. The sane option of going out of the tower and just leveling the thing had not even occurred to him. Down the stairs there were a few torches that made it possible to actually see things and what Cuberac saw was a stone table with what seemed like a corpse on it, surrounded by eight figures in red robes, chanting. Cuberac had a hard time identifying the corpse due to how many bits it was missing.

The power of this heart, or my own will? Drained, decrepit, weak constructs of bone and magic to guard something such as this? Do I truly harness the power of fire? The smallest of tests...
Fire a bolt of burning blood straight into the air, far enough to be seen by many.

Duritarum focused his power and fired a flare of blood and flames. It exploded high above in sparks of red and orange. Anyone looking at the sky on the island would see this one.

Find a small (unoccupied) room. If possible, drag the luck-based chair (if it's still intact) down to that room, then summon a glass decanter of Liquid Luck™, using a +1/+1 and +1POT essence. Then one more essence, if time remains.

Gambler ventured through the Tower, deciding to avoid the one room with a warning hanging over the entrance. His chair was still where he had left it, though it was still as annoyingly heavy. Gambler dragged it to a room of his own though his choice of room happened far closer to the Council room than other private room choices. Inside, he conjured a potion of Luck, one of the most desired and most illegal substances to ever exist. It was a good thing that the Sherif was dead, or this could get him in so much trouble.

Pretty sure I left the magic containment box on the duck island. Summon it for Viznor with 2/2 of essences.
Then make 3 essences.

James focused on his box filled with various stuff, the primary building block of Wizardly mess, the only habitat in which a wizard can feel truly comfortable. He called it back through a rift of spacetime, conjuring both the box and a fair amount of dirt that was around the box.

I can be bothered with private messages, so my action is here. Spoilered so you metagaming bastards can't react.

Shias sent a sneaky poisonous cloud towards a potential enemy, but unfortunately for the druid, his target had went through enough drugs during his career to kill a leviathan and had built up a considerable resistance to them. The poison passed through entirely unnoticed.

Damond, Fist Wizard:

"AHA! Perhaps now your physical endurance will be of no help to you!"

Damond punches the troll's soul image. And uses GBM. His particular target: the troll's arm that was about to punch.

Duritarum prepared his strike well, but in the time he took to prepare the Troll attacked. It felt strange to feel the strike of a ghost troll, but Duritarum's mind was no weaker than his body, resisting easily. He took the opportunity for a devastating counterstrike that tore off ghostly troll's arm.

Xom coalesces some of the residual chaos-infused dust with the intent of forming a ring, using +1/+1 worth of essences. So as to maintain tradition, he follows up the spell with a game of [chaos] essence roulette.

Xom attempted to conjure a ring from the still chaotic dust that remained in the area. He succeeded, for a given value of success, as the ring was two meters wide and weighted about two tons. It did not help that more sulfur fractals grew on it almost immediately as his essence roulette failed.

make 2 essences, look for anything interesting near me

Seva looked around again. The swamp could not, should not be this empty. But empty it was, besides frogs and leeches. One particularly loud frog was croaking just a few feet away, trying for the "most annoying animal" award, possibly in hopes of eating the fly that occupied the top place at the time.

Alright then, first things first.

Chorkinaan decreases the melting point of any stone immediately holding Surg down. No essences.

Chorkinaan, in a gesture of good will attempted to free his victim-to-be from the trap of stone Surg had found himself in. The rocks around Surg melted and then evaporated, causing Surg to fall again, though this time with no extra injuries.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 181 Fighting Ghosts and Conjuring Relicts
« Reply #5867 on: August 21, 2016, 08:20:02 pm »

2 more essences, head southwest to where the mage is
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: August 21, 2016, 09:50:41 pm »

I can help make a rope to get you out of there.
Make a rope out of grass blades.(copying Inca(n?) technology here)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: August 21, 2016, 10:52:56 pm »

Damond, Master of Fist!:

"Duritarum? Nice name, but not mine."

Damond glares at the fourth wall, raising a fist.

"In any case, I've spent long enough fighting you. FINISHING STRIKE!"

Damond took a nice look at the link that connected the troll's soul to its body, preventing its soul from simply disintegrating. Then he punched it, using GBM to help fuel the modification of this particular punch to make it have a cutting effect.

((If it's not permissible, I'll think of something else.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: August 22, 2016, 12:24:35 am »

"Hey."
Position hyperbladecubes next to each cultist, prepare to murder if they get unfriendly.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: August 22, 2016, 01:45:58 am »

Oh, hey! Well, that went well. I guess I ended up altering boiling point as well as melting point. Well, now you've got your own little platform! It's a good thing that gaseous stone is apparently lighter than air, or you'd be suffocating right now.
Chorkinaan stepped back from the hole and turned towards Skelliborn, speaking in a lower tone.
I swear, if getting into TOAM is THIS easy, there's just no way there's NOT going to be a coup. Nice pocket dimension claws, by the way. Let me help you with that rope.

Chorkinaan casts a spell to perform fine modifications to several of the physical aspects of the grass which makes up the rope Skelliborn is creating, in order to make them more ideal for being woven into a rope. No essences.
((just a few minor tweaks to some of the essential attributes. Cohesiveness is a good thing to raise slightly, as is overall toughness. Just helping make a good rope.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: August 22, 2016, 03:28:33 am »

"Thanks."
2 essences.

If the ropes are successful, climb it up.

Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: August 22, 2016, 03:48:52 am »

Well then, if drugs don't work then let's give him old fashioned bear hug, the kind that grinds ribs into dust and snaps spine in five places.

And I think I had some tentacle vines on my juggernaut? I magic them wrapping around his neck and into his mouth, and taking root in his flesh.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: August 22, 2016, 06:47:58 am »

Thx for the spell boost.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: August 22, 2016, 07:13:20 am »

Even more powerrr with GBM.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: August 22, 2016, 08:47:41 am »

Damond, Master of Fist!:

"Duritarum? Nice name, but not mine."

Damond glares at the fourth wall, raising a fist.

"In any case, I've spent long enough fighting you. FINISHING STRIKE!"

Damond took a nice look at the link that connected the troll's soul to its body, preventing its soul from simply disintegrating. Then he punched it, using GBM to help fuel the modification of this particular punch to make it have a cutting effect.

((If it's not permissible, I'll think of something else.))
Play some GBM-boosted intense music that reaches its climax when FoU punches the troll.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: August 22, 2016, 09:14:10 am »

Well then, if drugs don't work then let's give him old fashioned bear hug, the kind that grinds ribs into dust and snaps spine in five places.

And I think I had some tentacle vines on my juggernaut? I magic them wrapping around his neck and into his mouth, and taking root in his flesh.

Say, AM, I can't help but notice that the END save against your poison cloud had a +2 bonus and was made in my color...

Is this a declaration of war and/or a wizard fight?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 09:38:19 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: August 22, 2016, 12:18:29 pm »

Say, AM, I can't help but notice that the END save against your poison cloud had a +2 bonus and was made in my color...

I need shards. And your affinity is not nature oriented.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: August 22, 2016, 01:02:41 pm »

I need shards. And your affinity is not nature oriented.
It can be. Songbirds, (D&D) 1e Bards (all Bards had to be Druids at some point in their career, and they cast spells from the Druid list), Snow White...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:04:16 pm by ATHATH »
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 506