Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1176781 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 184 Musical Growth and Combat
« Reply #6000 on: September 08, 2016, 06:15:25 am »

((If the GM dies: See first part.
If the Internet dies: [?]))

((Eh, that's probably enough to qualify the third cactus on the left.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: September 08, 2016, 05:32:07 pm »

Turn 185

((Not sure if it would have made much of a difference, but you forgot a +1 luck. +1 from a ring and +1 from the omnicube itself.))

Anyways think about some PMed mad science while summoning 1 Healing gas grenade, 1 healing syringe, 1 healing potion and 1 healing pill.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

James thought back to the time he participated in battle against the Bigholder. There was more to preparation of healing items than just stacking up on healing potions and he would not be found wanting. healing grenade turned out just right, while syringe and potion were somewhat less than perfect. For one, the needle of syringe was shaped like a spiral. Instead of healing pill a blob of black sludge appeared, smelling four and eating through grass where it fell.

"Ahem. Sorry to interrupt your valuable research, but I need to talk to you... With my magic, obviously!"

Start conversation with "Blood Boil". Use all Chaotic essences and Lesser Blood Power (for flavor, mostly).

(("Blood Boil" - a spell of necromatic origin that heats up target's blood until it boils and evaporates, dealing usually fatal damage. Modifiers: Homing (to emulate instant heating) & Large (in case 5 liters is more than I can boil normally).))

The trouble with focusing on a spell is time it takes to do so. Beam of light shone from the pyramid, striking Kahel straight in his chest, turning his skin into so much wet carbon, as a reminder not to dawdle in the future. Even more infuriatingly, his target, Xom, collected the chaos energies trapped in the massive ring of his and used them to change into an elemental form, a form with no blood to boil. Cursing, Kahel canceled the now useless spell and inspected damage done by the beam. The bloody patch of exposed muscle was huge, but it did not persist much below skin so he'd still be able to move.

{Xom, elemental form, 1 turn. Can't cast Law spells, +1/+1 to Chaos spells}

Send my bladecubes at the leader, and pull out that dimensional dagger for melee combat. Send a cube of force at one of the cultists, and go for the other's throat.

Cuberac sent his swarm of bladecubes after the cult leader with as much force as he could muster. The impact sent the leader flying into a wall behind him, where cubes cut through him and pinned him to the wall. Cuberac's left hand opened, revealing a purple cube that did not seem entirely there. It lasted for a moment andd then unraveled, blasting a cultist away. For the last remaining cultist, Cuberac drew the strange enchanted dagger he had and cleaved through the cultist with a wide swing. To Cuberac's great surprise, he found himself staring into a wall of stone just in front of his nose. Just as he realized what it was, he dived aside, but not entirely in time as the last cultist threw his dagger, cutting a thin red line on Cuberac's back.

{Blink dagger - allows moving up to 20 meters in any one direction, can't appear inside solid objects}

Enchant the sphere to set the chance of ailments of the magical variety on the holder fizzling immediately to 1.0, using fluid luck(if available) to make itself more effective. Use a +1/+1 essence, +1/+2 essence, and a +1POT essence.

Gambler carefully wove an enchantment against magical curses into the glass sphere. Messing with luck of such degree was not to be done lightly, as even slightest mistake could boost the chances of unwanted effects to the point of certainty. The enchantment done, Gambler pulled out a bottle of liquid luck he had made before and carefully poured it into the sphere. The curse trap was ready and fueled.

ESSENCE ROULETTE

Gloomy continued his meditations. There was a certain feeling, one he had not expected to feel here. The feeling of safety. With the tome being present within all of the tower, even his own misscasts would not harm him. Another essence failed, but disappeared into seemingly nowhere and Gloomy allowed himself a content smile

Alright, sounds like a plan. Pardon me if I end up going a bit slow; I'm just rearing to try the whole blade liquid thing, I'm just gonna keep on making sacrifices for whenever that ritual gets started.

Chorkinaan Reels in the bottle of unnatural liquid and heads southwest alongside Skelliborn, creating a sword's hilt with the center hollowed out like a reservoir for liquid as he goes. No essences.
2 essences while traveling Southwest with Chorkinan and Surg.
"Don't forget i have a broken leg"

2 Essences.

Chorkinaan swore again. trio of mages were walking southwest, Surg being helped by Skeliborn while Chorkinaan was trying to forge himself a weapon. His continued swearing indicated that he still did not manage to conjure something that wasn't a length of pipe. It seemed he was having trouble walking and casting at the same time, and both actions suffered from it, as Chorkinaan somehow walked even slower than Surg hobbled.

4 essences, continue on to the edge of the world.

Clownman reached the edge of the island unmolested by any more jellyfish and noticed he had some other company. A mage known as Flare was standing not too far from the edge, looking for something. If only he didn't have wings, it would had been quite an opportunity.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 185 Magepiles all around
« Reply #6002 on: September 08, 2016, 05:33:32 pm »

Alas, I was distracted by the internet. PM's and dog pile around Jackson will come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: September 08, 2016, 05:40:21 pm »

Another flare of "burning vitality".

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: September 08, 2016, 06:30:17 pm »

2 essences while traveling Southwest with Chorkinan and Surg. Same travelling arrangements as last turn. (On The More meta side of things, if our movement speed allows us to enter the tower, enter it so healing aura starts working its magic.)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: September 08, 2016, 06:58:19 pm »

Try blinking behind the cultist and stabbing him in the neck. If that fails, use my bladecubes.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: September 08, 2016, 07:38:22 pm »

Try blinking behind the cultist and stabbing him in the neck. If that fails, use my bladecubes.

((Is it just me or is a non-blade-mage using more blades than me, the blade mage?))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: September 08, 2016, 10:16:56 pm »

((Is it just me or is a non-blade-mage using more blades than me, the blade mage?))

((If that ritual gets going, we could potentially create  a composite weapon of a thousand tiny blades, all flowing out of a fairly innocuous liquid-holding hilt-like flask.))

Gah, that's not working. Patience, corny, there'll be time for crazy bladewater experiments later.

Help Surg walk to the tower. Three essences.

Note to self: cap off the end of the pipe. It aughta fit the bill for a haft of some sort, and it holds liquid. Perfect sacrifice.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:19:56 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: September 08, 2016, 11:27:47 pm »

Looking disapprovingly at exposed muscle, Kahel signed:

"Ah, yes. How silly of me. I forgot for a moment you are practically on your home plane now. Interesting..."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: September 09, 2016, 04:20:20 am »

2 essences.

Move with Skelliborn.

Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: September 09, 2016, 05:07:30 am »

((If that ritual gets going, we could potentially create  a composite weapon of a thousand tiny blades, all flowing out of a fairly innocuous liquid-holding hilt-like flask.))

Gah, that's not working. Patience, corny, there'll be time for crazy bladewater experiments later.

Help Surg walk to the tower. Three essences.

Note to self: cap off the end of the pipe. It aughta fit the bill for a haft of some sort, and it holds liquid. Perfect sacrifice.

((I figure as long as the we're going to do a ritual, we should do it in the tower, where we get cmp bonus

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: September 09, 2016, 01:36:38 pm »

((That's a good idea, but Chorkinaan doesn't know about that. He just knows that a mysterious tower suddenly appeared and it's probably TOAM's home base, and has recently become a hobo den ever since a new door was painted on. He's about to find out, though, considering where we're going.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: September 09, 2016, 02:22:38 pm »

((That's a good idea, but Chorkinaan doesn't know about that. He just knows that a mysterious tower suddenly appeared and it's probably TOAM's home base, and has recently become a hobo den ever since a new door was painted on. He's about to find out, though, considering where we're going.))

((The painted door was repaired, actually. But we opened the actual gate, so there's really not much of a difference. Anyway, everyone's welcome so long as they don't mess things up and/or try kill to kill anyone. Then it's an eye for an eye.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: September 09, 2016, 02:48:45 pm »

((The painted door was repaired, actually. But we opened the actual gate, so there's really not much of a difference. Anyway, everyone's welcome so long as they don't mess things up and/or try kill to kill anyone. Then it's an eye for an eye.))
((I for one, have no intention of causing trouble))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: September 09, 2016, 06:29:01 pm »

Switch to my other form,scream epic battle cry

then dive to attack Shias, try to pull him off Jackson

Damond, Carrier of Troll:

"This is taking too long!"

Damond drops the troll corpse. It could wait. Then, he reared back his left arm and punched a hole through space, aiming to create a portal to the fight and hit the wasp man in the process.

If GBM is un-nerfed for the next turn, he uses it to fuel the spell. If not, he uses his Chaotic +2/+1 essence, a +1 CMP essence, and a +1 POT essence to fuel his spell.
Spiky bear hug! Play hedgehog when others attack me.

Before anyone could get on with the murder, Seva vanished. Where he was now stood a blazing firebird - the mythical phoenix. If flew with grace of an eagle and caught Shias with it's claws. Spikes that were meant to deter such attacks burned where they were touched by the phoenix, however Shias found he had another advantage. He was simply too heavy to carry away. Seva manged to drag Shias off Jackson but was forced to release him or risk crashing into the ground. Shias dived back onto Jachkson who hadn't even budged, and squezed him tightly to his spiky chest. Astonishingly, Shias managed to miss all vital organs, except for one spike that bounced off Jackson's rock hard liver.

From a bit further away, Damond attempted a spell to propel himself forward. The spell was not quite powerful enough to move him as he wished, but it was enough to send a projection of his fist flying towards the strange insect mage. Easter did not even budge an antennae as the strike sailed past him, leaving a mark on nearby dirt. He just bit down even harder on Jackson's throat. Blood flowed in small rivulets, until suddenly it sprayed outwards, indicating that some important artery was damaged. For Jackson, however, this was all very familiar, as he experienced much the same after some less than popular songs. He finished his spell even as wasps were trying to peel off his eyelids and air around the brawl filled with ethereal sparks, harmless, but beckoning coming of real danger.

{Shias, On fire, will gradually lose wooden armor until fire is put out.}
{Jackson, bleeding out, 3 turns until death, Asphyxiating, 1 turn to unconsciousness, 3 until death}
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 506