Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181538 times)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 185 Magepiles all around
« Reply #6015 on: September 09, 2016, 07:07:29 pm »

use my fire breath on the wasp swarm, trying to not hit Jackson, then pull Shias away again

if i can still control my birds, have them try to drag Jackson to the tower
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: September 09, 2016, 07:26:48 pm »

"Can you leave the music mage to me, druid? I have a plan."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: September 09, 2016, 07:53:39 pm »

pmed action

Edit: sorry double post didnt realize.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: September 09, 2016, 09:14:46 pm »

Activate the sphere, hope it works, then make three essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: September 10, 2016, 06:10:57 am »

"Hold off, master of birds! I do not wish to fight with someone who communes with nature. But if I must, I will."

"No, lord of flies, I cannot. I need his shards."

Roll on ground, using both ground and Jackson to put off fire. And bear hugging his ribs into unhealthy configuration.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: September 10, 2016, 08:15:56 am »

Finish off pm'ed stuff, pack up, and head back to the courtyard in search of Viznor again.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: September 10, 2016, 08:45:05 am »

Three essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: September 10, 2016, 10:32:03 pm »

Balance Suggestion:
Make the defense stat against mental attacks STR (as in strength of will) instead of the current stat that you're using, LUCK.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: September 10, 2016, 10:43:00 pm »

Balance Suggestion:
Make the defense stat against mental attacks STR (as in strength of will) instead of the current stat that you're using, LUCK.

((...Except muscular strength has absolutely nothing to do with how well you can resist mental attacks? And frankly, it isn't even unbalanced as-is.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: September 10, 2016, 11:00:23 pm »

Summon another hazardous magical waste containment box, scoop up the sludge and put it in.

Then summon a healing pill and potion.

((If RtM 2 became a thing, I could see a mental stat being added for resisting mind control, as well as non magical and non combat things like crafting or first aid. As it is I think luck is the best option.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: September 10, 2016, 11:47:46 pm »

four essences,descend into the abyss while ignoring this other guy. my slime can hop on my balloon and come with me.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: September 11, 2016, 07:14:00 am »

Xom ignores Kahel's words, instead opting to focus on his next spell.

PM.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: September 11, 2016, 08:39:38 am »

Retry "Blood Boil", add Trigger modifier "target currently has blood to boil", change Homing modifier to Tracking. All chaotic essences.

((I'm quite interested in the result of this delayed luck-based murder and how would it interact with elemental form, etc.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: September 11, 2016, 02:26:54 pm »

PM DA FIST.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: September 11, 2016, 05:45:21 pm »

Turn 186

Another flare of "burning vitality".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duritarum let lose another flare up into the sky, and once more a miniature sun of crimson and orange exploded in the sky. There was not all that much response to the previous one, so maybe this one would attract something more interesting.

Try blinking behind the cultist and stabbing him in the neck. If that fails, use my bladecubes.

Before the cultist could retrieve another knife from one of his fallen brethren, Cuberac cleaved through distance again and stabbed the cultist in the throat, blink dagger working well enough for stabbing thrusts. It was just a few minutes but Cuberac managed to slaughter through eight cultists in a ritual site. Certainly, nothing wrong could ever follow.

2 essences while traveling Southwest with Chorkinan and Surg. Same travelling arrangements as last turn. (On The More meta side of things, if our movement speed allows us to enter the tower, enter it so healing aura starts working its magic.)
Gah, that's not working. Patience, corny, there'll be time for crazy bladewater experiments later.

Help Surg walk to the tower. Three essences.

Note to self: cap off the end of the pipe. It aughta fit the bill for a haft of some sort, and it holds liquid. Perfect sacrifice.
2 essences.

Move with Skelliborn.

Trio of mages continued their slow journey towards the Tower, moving around the difficult to traverse mountains though the muddy plains that were at the base.  The trek was slow, as all three mages were spending only half of their minds on traversing the plains, focusing more on magic than the road.

Activate the sphere, hope it works, then make three essences.

Gambler carefully sent a sliver of magical power required to kickstart his new amulet and began waiting. Enchantment began glowing brightly on glass, but subsided after glow reached the top. The new cursekill amulet was active and had not exploded into armed police. It was as good of a situation as Gambler could had hoped it to be.

Three essences.

Magus N.A. continued his conversation with the spirit in the wall. It seemed nice and he wasn't doing anything much right now. A strange feeling of being watched over Magus, but quickly passed.

Summon another hazardous magical waste containment box, scoop up the sludge and put it in.

Then summon a healing pill and potion.

James conjured another lead box, but was faced with a problem that he did not really have anything to scoop up the goop with. Eventually, he just scooped the goop and some of the dirt beneath it with the lead box itself. However, there seemed to be a trend forming, as the pill James had conjured was tinged green, probably not a sign of anything good, while the potion melted through the bottle in moments and fell on the ground just where Jame's foot was just before and began eating through dirt.

four essences,descend into the abyss while ignoring this other guy. my slime can hop on my balloon and come with me.

Clownman sent the balloon beneath him off the edge of the world. The slime following him seemingly panicked and attempted to hold onto the balloon and keep it on land. The balloon won this contest of strength and floated off, the sand slime holding onto it by several pseudopods. With a bit of acrobatics, Clownman managed to drag the sand slime onto the balloon, though it took up a lot of space. Beneath stretched a reflection of the Island as seen from above.

Retry "Blood Boil", add Trigger modifier "target currently has blood to boil", change Homing modifier to Tracking. All chaotic essences.

Kahel began preparing a spell modified for the situation, but found himself being distracted by seemingly random thoughts. It was annoying, but nothing that he couldn't handle. What was beyond his ability to handle was being blasted by the bright beam again, but this time it scoured away a layer of muscle and some of the bones beneath, revealing Kahel's lungs to the world and causing his right arm to hang limply on his side. Blood gushed from opened arteries, but he was spared from excessive pain by having all the nerves vaporized instantly as well. A spell flew from his hand and attached to Xom. It waited for it's chance, and that chance would come very soon.

{Kahel, bleeding out, 2 turns until death.}
{Xom, Blood Boil will activate at the start of next turn}

use my fire breath on the wasp swarm, trying to not hit Jackson, then pull Shias away again

if i can still control my birds, have them try to drag Jackson to the tower

"Hold off, master of birds! I do not wish to fight with someone who communes with nature. But if I must, I will."

"No, lord of flies, I cannot. I need his shards."

Roll on ground, using both ground and Jackson to put off fire. And bear hugging his ribs into unhealthy configuration.
PM DA FIST.

Phoenixes are known for many things, but their great speed is something only a few are aware of. Swiftly, Seva changed position and blasted his breath just above Jackson. All wasps on Jackson fried, but showing surprising reaction times, both Shias and Easter managed to get out of the way in time. Easter not so much escaped as he shifted position, still gripping Jackson in his mandibles. He made use of this position to pummel Jackson from behind with all four arms.

Shias immediately joined maiming Jackson, but before he could do significant damage, Jackson opened his mouth and from his throat blasted a sound beyond hearing, but bearing great power. It threw Shias back a few meters and blasted the plants out of his throat. Unfortunately, the plants were rooted strongly, and majority of Jackson's throat went out with them.

Then Damond reached the group and punched the wall between planes that was weakened by Jackson just a minute before. The point of impact burst with vivid orange and the group was swallowed by flames as a gateway to elemental plane of fire opened. Damond was the one most hit by the flames, and burned just as well as Shias did in his wooden form. But where Shias lost majority of the wooden shell surrounding him, Damond was properly charred by the flames. Worst of all fared Jackson, riddled by injuries, and used as a shield by Easter Sunday he fried, the burns doing what two monsters punching failed. Easter Sunday himself fared well, chitinous armor and Jacksonian meatshield shielding him from the worst, the minor injuries he sustained easily repairable by his regeneration. Only Seva was unscathed by the flame, even reveling in the fires.

{Jackson, Bleeding, burning, suffocating, Dead in 1 turn.}
{Damond, burned, END roll on all phys rolls.}
{Shias, Charred, Lose END bonus from Juggernaut form.}
{Elemental gate is still there and still belching fire}

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 05:51:06 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 506