Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180950 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 192 To burn or not to burn?
« Reply #6300 on: October 04, 2016, 09:06:07 pm »

Name: Khozek
Affinity: Spatial Manipulation (Summoning that's tuned more to combat, teleportation and distance-warping)
Description: 6~ feet tall and slightly hunched over. Has a bad case of Essential tremor. Eccentric and cruel.
STR= 1
DEX= 2
SPD= 1
END= 0
POT= 4

((There's my sheet. Let me know if there's any problems))
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: October 04, 2016, 10:54:17 pm »

Affinity: Spatial Manipulation (Summoning that's tuned more to combat, teleportation and distance-warping)
Description: 6~ feet tall and slightly hunched over. Has a bad case of Essential tremor. Eccentric and cruel.
STR= 1
DEX= 2
SPD= 1
END= 0
POT= 4

Why do you have more than 1 point in DEX if you have tremors?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: October 05, 2016, 12:31:56 pm »

PM.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: October 05, 2016, 01:34:09 pm »

((Oh. How dumb I was... All this time. Or should I say I was more sensible?))

"Let's dance with the death, oh mages of Order..."

Distantly summon a liquid helium onto Ilium. +1/+2 essence and both Lesser and Greater Blood Power. I think I get -2 for modifiers and -1 for specifying liquid?

(( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_helium
-269C in liquid form, anyone? It is also not very density efficient (1/8 of water => I can create quite a lot) and has great expansion rate (1:757). I'm not sure Kahel himself would survive the resulting unholy abomination))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:22:55 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: October 05, 2016, 04:20:33 pm »

STR= 1
DEX= 2
SPD= 1
END= 0
POT= 4

Why do you have more than 1 point in DEX if you have tremors?

((Because hindering tremors wouldn't hurt less 'precise' dexterous things, acrobatics and the like. At the level it's at, he'd only be hindered in very fine manipulation (Writing, for example) but whatever.
I mean, if you want to nit pick that's fine (if you're nit-picking, can't tell) but I just wanted to add some more life to my character. Without the GM objecting I don't feel strongly inclined to make any changes.))

Use a cantrip from my spatial magic to slightly shorten the distance to the nearest vantage point and walk the rest of the way there to get a general idea of the surrounding area's geography. If I run into any other wizards by chance, let them know I'd be interested in an alliance/truce more than fighting them.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:44:18 pm by Mallos »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: October 05, 2016, 04:56:10 pm »

((You should probably submit your first action now. You get to do an action the same turn you pop in.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: October 05, 2016, 05:14:36 pm »

((You should probably submit your first action now. You get to do an action the same turn you pop in.))

((Thanks, I edited it into my other post.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: October 05, 2016, 05:31:27 pm »

((Woah, crazy voice colors. Little tip: put actions in bold, and put things your character says in their colors. That's the format everybody else uses, and it'll get confusing if you're the only one who submits actions that way.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: October 05, 2016, 10:09:48 pm »

4 essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: October 06, 2016, 04:17:19 pm »

Turn 193

Ignore the pain. Examine the sheets.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duritarum forced himself to  look at the sheets. His eyes hurt and watered as he did, making seeing anything rather difficult. All too soon, Duritarum was forced to look away again. He wiped away tears from his eyes and discovered that those were rather red, and viscous and, in fact, blood. Another thing he discovered was that he could read the writing on the sheets. It was not written in symbols he had ever seen but he could still somehow read it.

Easter roars in frustration at Seva's rolls being unable to escape, he tries kicking the oversized bird off him again, and leaving the vicinity of the flame.
Drag Easter deeper into the fire tree,pretty sure he still has autododge, but hit with with whatever appendage isn't holding him

Seva attempted to punch Easter with his spare claw but Easter easily dodged the strike. Yet the swiftness of Easter's movements did not end there. For a moment, the vent of flames disappeared, and while Seva was surprised Easter skipped the surprise and frantically pulled away, beating his wings as fast as he could. Easter managed to pull himself out of the way just in time for the fire to return in force and devastate everything just left of Easter. Easter raised his uncaught leg and kicked the claw holding him, hitting it on the side at just the angle to make it lose it's grip for just a moment. It was long enough for Easter to escape.

"Eh. It 'ad ta 'appen eventually."
Shrug, summon a lucky alchemy set and an essence, and watch the ritual.

Gambleer observed what was happening without too much worry. Whoever won, he could just trade with them. They would also quite likely have some useful stuff that he could buy that was recently looted off a corpse. He conjured an alchemy set of glass. But this was wizards fighting and they could still surprise even those prepared. The flame disappeared, and Easter managed to escape while still mostly medium rare. A bit away Karnax was slightly glowing.

Doktor Diabolical:

"..."

Well then. Doktor Diabolical attempts(as much as an unconscious person can attempt anything) to wake up and magically get the bloody swarm-bots back under control.

Doktor Diabolical came back to conciousness and noticed clouds moving above him. Then he regained some more of his senses and noticed that it was he who was moving. Cubebots were carrying him somewhere! Doktor rushed to regain control of his bots but the magic fizzled and Doktor found himself sailing through the air. the cubebots did not have that much strength, so the arc of movement was short and Doktor splashed into a pool of geyser water not too far away from the shore. The water was warm and only very slightly acidic. Kinda like a bath.

Ugh, finally. That took entirely too long.

Create another bottle, liquify a couple forks into it, and pocket a knife. Return to the outside of the tower, where Surg is.

Then notice the fire tree fiasco happening nearby because I'm finally out of the tower.

Chorkinaan conjured another physicality bottle and attempted to melt a few forks into it. The bottle was nice and and with a large bottleneck that allowed putting whole forks inside. It was a quality that proved rather useful as forks refused to melt nicely. Chorkinaan grabbed a knife and left. As he walked outside the Tower he noticed a new addition to a landscape. A massive tree was spewing flames like a volcano of fire. Chorkinaan counted that he was gone for about five minutes. It did not take much time for people here to fuck up to such amazing degree.

((Page 420 Blaze it!))

"Another fire tree? Someone must be copying you."
James decides to stop summoning healing items and heads over to check out the new fire tree.

James left his fire tree and went towards the large fire tree that was recently conjured. Upon closer look, it was rather different from his. Vents spewed flame at more or less regular intervals. The leaves were amber rather than green and there was one massive bud at the top of the tree rather than many all over the tree. There were a few mages here, some fighting, some casting and one admiring the show.

3 essences

Skeliborn continued to observe what was happening next to the fire tree. Karnax was still doing some magic but heat was no longer increasing, so it was probably fine. The areal combat was a nice change from punch-up light-show that majority of duels here were.

4 essences.

Clownman continued gathering power, but a sliver of that power escaped. It attached to Clownman's eyes and the world before him became gripped by shadows. It had caused Clownman to be really incompetent at seeing in the dark.

"Kahel, do you not understand the meaning of 'peace?' It is not merely the death of those who would violate it. That is only the means by which it must be preserved."

"It is within the power and beauty of the Tower, a wonder wrought by many hands- and yet it is also within Xom's experiments, and his ring of chaos and order. It is a mage's freedom to walk unhindered by violence, and to do or create what he will."

"Perhaps those like you are not entirely wrong. They merely wish to carry out the original purpose of this place, and that is a twisted sort of peace in and of itself. However, I will not allow them to interfere, as you have done. I will not allow them to hunt innocent after innocent, or turn our Tower against itself. What in that do you- and the rest of your kind- refuse to understand?"

PM action.
PM.
"Let's dance with the death, oh mages of Order..."

Distantly summon a liquid helium onto Ilium. +1/+2 essence and both Lesser and Greater Blood Power. I think I get -2 for modifiers and -1 for specifying liquid?
Remember the entropy-reduction/structure-reinforcement spell Xom used to repair the pyramid? Cast a slightly modified version of that spell to try to repair the damage to Xom's body, at least enough to staunch the bleeding. Use all remaining essences ([+1 POT] ,  two [+1 CMP]). Meanwhile, the pyramid will continue levitating to our destination, firing at the genie as it drifts away. If it ever reaches the tower walls, just float over them to get into the aura zone. No time for knocking on potentially-locked gates.

Ilium, possibly feeling what was about to come surrounded himself with a familiar purple spell shield, leaving only a tiny window for his blood tentacle. The said blood tentacle atempted to cut Kahel again, but Kahel was too nimble for this to succeed. Even after taking a moment to break out of the bindings he managed to get away in time. Then Kahel returned the favor with his own spell. A large orb of water-like liquid appeared above Ilium, just above his spellshield, hovered for a moment and then fell.

The explosion tossed all the mages away. Power shield appeared around Viznor, but it could not hold against this and cracked. Viznord wings were unprepared for this, and due to their angle Viznor was thrown right into the ground. Ilium at the center of the explosion seemingly just evaporated. Much the same fate awaited blood genie, which was scattered into blood mist. Xom had not cleared all that much distance away from the battle and the explosion lifted him off the pyramid. He fell about six meters, never to rise again. Kahel himself was thrown away a fair distance, bouncing off the ground a few times. There seemed to be some broken bones in his left hand and among his ribs. That was to be expected but there was also something interesting. It was as if he had been sprinkled with water, there were beads of sweat all over him. It took Kahel a few moments, possibly due to concussion to figure out what happened. If he lived through this, he'd need to conjure some drinks.

{Viznor; broken rib}
{Kahel; broken left arm, broken 3 left ribs, Dehydrating (5 turns til death)}
{Xom; Dead.}

Portal flares to life once more, and from t enters a new challenger, Khozek the mover. Known well for his skill with bringing higher dimension geometry into life for fun profit and rending of minds of non-matematicians, he was well prepared for whatever troubles may come his way.

Khozek focused his power and moved the lines about a little bit. the spell fell short of the intended effect and was not particularly aesthetically pleasing, but it didn't matter this time. Khozek stood on top of one of the vents of the fire tree and looked over the surrounding land. There was a strange tower nearby, a strange crater to the north, a strange field of dust to the east... no wait, that one just exploded. There was certainly all kinds of interesting things to get involved in here, and if they prove particularly interesting, involve others, ideally feet first.

The fire tree vents have started turning on and off at short intervals. The amount of fire expelled has increased.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 193 The great escapes
« Reply #6310 on: October 06, 2016, 04:18:13 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: October 06, 2016, 05:25:39 pm »

((Good grief, Doktor Diabolical's luck is horrible. When it comes to casting, anyway. I wonder...))

Doktor Diabolical:

"Okay, ENOUGH!"

Doktor Diabolical stands up, and exits the pool.

"You are my minions! I am your master! I am not an acceptable target of your combat protocols! Do I make myself clear?"

"Diplomacy" commences. If that fails, Doktor Diabolical attempts to regain control over his robot minions magically. Again.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: October 06, 2016, 06:06:24 pm »

Refine the enchantment on the set, boosting its bonus to LUCK, then make 2 essences. Watch both the fight and the ritual for anything out of sorts.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: October 06, 2016, 06:37:34 pm »

"Huh. An explosion? How interesting, but I'm not ready to fight just yet."

Hop off the vent and leg it in the direction of the tower, closing in just enough to observe better but not remain in direct danger of crossfire from feuding wizards. If anyone notices me, wave politely.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: October 06, 2016, 07:20:48 pm »

go catch Easter and bring him back into the tree, have the remaining eagle dive at him before grabbing him, add a fire breath if i can
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 506